Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charity bets: $100/$1K/$10K -> EAP/FSD feature release by 12/31, 1/31, 3/31

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@calisnow

huckleberry.jpg

And, reduced nags doesn't count, but complete elimination of nags on highways does.
And, one last thing this has to be a release in "actual" customers hands not some development or Elon video.

IMG_4809.JPG

You in?

How about the new feature is that the car actually always stays within the lane? There are definite turns where it wanders. Problem with the AP2 is that it works well until it doesn't. It can really screw up unexpectedly, which makes it dangerous IMO.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
How about the new feature is that the car actually always stays within the lane? There are definite turns where it wanders. Problem with the AP2 is that it works well until it doesn't. It can really screw up unexpectedly, which makes it dangerous IMO.

I have noticed this as well. With AP1 I felt very confident in the car, and it showed box trucks, cars off to the sides, and motorcycles. With AP2 I was much more on edge, and it wandered over a couple of times to a point where cars honked at me.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Very well put. My experience as well. And once I swore I saw a bicycle icon but... couldn’t reproduce it.

Thank you. I was driving South on I-75 last weekend in a brand new loaner 100D (waiting for delivery on my S) and there were a group of three bikers ahead of me. I would have felt much more at ease if I knew the car recognized them as bikes and displayed that to me. I also wish the car was aware of trucks encroaching into your lane.. I had a couple of instances where I took over after the car drove uncomfortably close to a semi.

Most software companies that I know of (not sure about Tesla specifically) have a holiday feature freeze in December, because that's when many people take long vacations and not enough people are in the office to fix things if something goes wrong. Even if they don't have such a deadline, I anticipate progress will slow down significantly after Thanksgiving as more and more people are "not there" anymore, if not physically then mentally.

This doesn't bode well for your December 31st bet... But Jan 31 is probably OK.

Most software companies that I know of (not sure about Tesla specifically) have a holiday feature freeze in December, because that's when many people take long vacations and not enough people are in the office to fix things if something goes wrong. Even if they don't have such a deadline, I anticipate progress will slow down significantly after Thanksgiving as more and more people are "not there" anymore, if not physically then mentally.

I remember when Elon had the AP team working feverishly through the holiday last year lol

This makes sense, but as we all know Tesla is not like most companies. It’s a toss up really, I could see it going either way. There are rumors of an update coming soon to bring back the cars/trucks/bikes being shown on the display. I don’t recall if the OP included that in the bet. Even so, if that update rolls around it’ll be interesting to see what else/if anything accompanied it.

Okay - I got my Model 3 configuration email invitation yesterday - and it's promising delivery in 4 weeks - that's mid-late December. I think with 3's finally getting into the hands of the "great unwashed masses" the AP team will be working feverishly to continue to smooth out the AP2 driving experience and to release some self driving "feature" to add to the thunder of the 3 ramp.

Dear @TaoJones we are only 30 days away from your charity donation. Please enjoy in good health your last 30 days of existence in which you have NOT publicly lost a bet to Calisnow.

Eh? Whatzat? An attempt at calismack?

And that, folks, would be the smell of abject and increasing desperation.

Tune in on 12/31 at 2359 Pacific Time for the first of what could be three, count ‘em, three epic calimeltdowns.

You’re already on the hook for up to and perhaps in excess of $11,120, with at least $120 in confirmed action and $1,000 up next with the @BigD0g when 12/31 comes and goes wholly unrequited.

Betting largely upon a fellow, I might add, who manages to routinely insert the “How many months and years late?” into the word “Soon”.

Note, however, he did deliver the Model 3 *earlier* than the original on-time estimate (never mind the quantity thing), *and* last week he quietly delivered the largest storage facility on the planet (the Australian deal) *on time*. And he’ll probably launch his red Roadster into a low-Mars orbit (courtesy of a Falcon Heavy) on time, too.

So there’s hope for him. Not so sure about for you. However, the local community food bank needs all the help it can get, and they will most assuredly appreciate your donation(s).

Think globally, act locally, y’all.

Happy holidaze to you and yours, csnow. Hey, *.48 and/or *.50 may yet prove to be your salvation!