Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlotte, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Added this site to plugshare and used your pics, your a celebrity now! Thanks

So, just got home.

6 of 8 stalls were up and running when I left Charlotte. Some finishing touches on the pedestals were being done on the other 2.

Charging was limited to ~80kW while I was there, but that limit would be lifted soon. Charged from 39% to 93% in about 50 minutes, while talking to the gentleman from Tesla who was working on the superchargers.

View attachment 73352

View attachment 73353

View attachment 73354

View attachment 73355

^ Pics to show it happened. ;)

Yellow is my fiance's that we drove to Charlotte today, black is a Tesla loaner P85+ that was being used for testing.

Glad to see it open. I'll probably stop here for a few minutes on occasion when I'm in the area. :)

Thanks for updating this. Hope to see it red on the official supercharger map soon and receive an email from Tesla. Odd they sent me one letting me know one is now open in New Hampshire (I live in Virginia). Plan to visit Charlotte SC in 10 ten days en route to Atlanta in a P85D--will let folks know how far I can get. Planning on stopping in Commerce Tanger Outlet (J1772 stalls) unless someone has other options. Final destination is Suwanee (NE Atlanta) but will visit Decatur SC while there.

Tesla Talk lunch meet.

P1060121.JPG
P1060122.JPG
P1060120.JPG

Last edited:
Oh darn! I was looking forward to this, but didn't know the reschedule date. Judging by the picture, I would have asked if the i3 owner is the same on who lives in my neighborhood. I've seen a black i3 making the left into my neighborhood a couple cars ahead twice now. Never got close enough quickly enough to wave hi.

That does indeed look like my neighbor (including the hat too). Hard to compare though as I looked into the i3 from a distance. Guess I will know soon as I regularly see 3-4 Model S's a few roads down and if I start seeing one directly in my neighborhood, I will have to say hi. Maybe soon I'll have one too and be outliers for number of owners in an area!

Cyclone, I look forward to meeting you. Stop by our house. Chris and Vicky Ayers, 6132 Gate Post Road, 11th house on right, bottom of hill, green mailbox.

Also, please join the Telsa Owners Charlotte FB page. We meet at the supercharger the First Friday of each month at 11:30.

We will have a picnic at my house for the group probably after Easter.

teslad7.jpg

Cyclone, I look forward to meeting you. Stop by our house. Chris and Vicky Ayers, 6132 Gate Post Road, 11th house on right, bottom of hill, green mailbox.

Also, please join the Telsa Owners Charlotte FB page. We meet at the supercharger the First Friday of each month at 11:30.

We will have a picnic at my house for the group probably after Easter.

View attachment 74437

Nice to "meet" you Chris and Vicky. Given the address, yes, we are neighbors. I will reach out and we can meet up sometime once I get back in town (traveling for work right now). I will have to search for that Facebook page. Didn't know there was a Charotte one - was looking at the Carolinas one. Thanks!