Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charlotte, NC Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Raleigh can take payment on delivery, Charlotte customers need to pay upfront with ACH . I paid in full last week, still no car though....

Raleigh is now home delivery and requires payment upfront before they deliver to your home. You can pay in person at the Raleigh office, but supposedly no deliveries are occurring at the Raleigh office. There has been at least one exception reported.

A8BA2104-3F45-458C-9FAE-F6BF54C96933.jpeg
Rut roh- order summary changed again today - no vin ~no appt ~lol .,.just straight payment to delivery!!

Reactions: Randy7fx
Yay... if I am financing thru Tesla -1) wait till delivery and tell them I have cashiers check so I can look over car? 2) don’t want to pay and then at last minute get cancellation and new vin or other lol 3) what do y’all think?
I received my MVPA, and various other docs today (title, trade in, Power of Attorney, etc). I am completing these today and sending them fedex overnight to Raleigh (should receive tomorrow), along with a check that covers the payment of the car. I have a scheduled delivery of this Saturday. Have to pay in advance otherwise no delivery.

I received my MVPA, and various other docs today (title, trade in, Power of Attorney, etc). I am completing these today and sending them fedex overnight to Raleigh (should receive tomorrow), along with a check that covers the payment of the car. I have a scheduled delivery of this Saturday. Have to pay in advance otherwise no delivery.
You are correct.

But I can do ach on the spot ? Also, vin for insurance beforehand will be helpful
I imagine you can do ACH on the spot, but would need Raleigh to verify receipt before they give you the car (Not sure if there is a mechanism to automatically verify receipt but I doubt it). As for your VIN, I had success calling the showroom and asking them for it. If that doesn't work, call another showroom and ask. The VIN is noted in your account well before it is visible to you on your mytesla.com page, so its just a matter of getting someone to give it to you.

• Helpful
Reactions: Sg911
But I can do ach on the spot ? Also, vin for insurance beforehand will be helpful

I did ACH on the spot at the Raleigh office. I received an email shortly after that it may take up to two business days to show up on your account. I did it Sunday afternoon and as of today it still has not shown up on my account. I expect it will tomorrow. Once you submit the ACH transaction Tesla seems to be happy.

• Helpful
So good and bad news !!
Just got this text message out of the blue from Tesla - I haven’t heard anything prior to this my account doesn’t even show the ability to pay yet - I am traveling tomorrow morning and won’t be free to work on this till late tomorrow or Thursday - financing not even executed yet lol- what a bittersweet message

Attachments

• C48BB1CF-C965-4ACB-A89A-E3BAFB81085D.jpeg
    C48BB1CF-C965-4ACB-A89A-E3BAFB81085D.jpeg
    252.8 KB · Views: 47
So good and bad news !!
Just got this text message out of the blue from Tesla - I haven’t heard anything prior to this my account doesn’t even show the ability to pay yet - I am traveling tomorrow morning and won’t be free to work on this till late tomorrow or Thursday - financing not even executed yet lol- what a bittersweet message
Yes that is confusing! Like you said good and bad. My dates have changed a few times hope it is this weekend,

So good and bad news !!
That's good news! What are you doing in terms of financing? I used a local credit union which was great, and super fast. They have some restrictions/requirements (net paycheck needs to be direct deposited into the credit union account), but will do 1.99% for up to 84 months with no prepayment penalty.

What was the area code and first 3 digits of the phone number? I have been communicating with my IDA via text and can tell you if the numbers are similar.

(510) 900.
The exact text was:
Hello from the Tesla Delivery team. Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week. Are you available to take delivery between 9/26 - 9/30?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.