Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charlotte, NC Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s exciting ... keeps getting more and more flowing thru !!
Btw- that white performance on the far right of pic looks like the same one ,in same spot , 2 days prior. Wonder what’s up with that?
The self reported spreadsheet has NC as one of the slowest to delivery. I wonder how much this Charlotte & Raleigh thing is really slowing things down.

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911
Oddly per the Carolina's and North Carolina Tesla FB pages, there hasn't been a lot of complaining about delivery issues. Most of the deliveries have been on time. Obviously they have hit a snafu with losing the one parking lot which seemed more like maybe the SC was using it without permission vs it actually being sold away from them? Not sure just have parts of the story. Anyway, I know they are space limited In Raleigh and Charlotte has paperwork issues for sure. Oh the fun in NC :)

• Helpful
Reactions: Sg911
Sad to report that my M3 delivery for Aug 22 is also canceled. I think Elon is wrong to just focus on production to satisfy the wall street. Tesla's delivery process is as much a bottleneck. Repeated delivery cancellation will make consumers depressed and lose the confidence in Tesla.

I have had 2 Raleigh delivery dates cancelled because the car is in Charlotte. Aug. 4, and Aug 21.
The delay also caused the Tesla finance rate to expire and get bumped up a notch. PPF and tint appointment was also rescheduled.
Irritating that they can't get their act together - whatever the problems.

Reactions: jimmyz80
Picked up my Model S at Charlotte on Sat. ...was suppose to be Raleigh. I like the Charlotte location better for sure. Had no issues with the car at all. BTW, thats not me in pic.....some fella racing to get out of picture, lol
IMG_3869.JPG

I have had 2 Raleigh delivery dates cancelled because the car is in Charlotte. Aug. 4, and Aug 21.
The delay also caused the Tesla finance rate to expire and get bumped up a notch. PPF and tint appointment was also rescheduled.
Irritating that they can't get their act together - whatever the problems.

That really sucks. If Tesla delays your delivery by more than 2 weeks, I can't imagine mine will be delivered anytime soon. Do you have an estimate when Tesla will delivery yours?

Just finding this thread. Without reading all 7 pages of posts, what ar the Charlotte and Raleigh "issues"? I am expecting delivery in Raleigh, at some point.
Raleigh lost their main vehicle storage place, and it has been causing cancellations for Raleigh deliveries. The cars are being held in Charlotte. I also, personally, believe that must be causing some slow up in deliveries for Charlotte region as they are now holding more inventory on the lot than planned.

Raleigh lost their main vehicle storage place, and it has been causing cancellations for Raleigh deliveries. The cars are being held in Charlotte. I also, personally, believe that must be causing some slow up in deliveries for Charlotte region as they are now holding more inventory on the lot than planned.

Do you know why Raleigh lost their vehicle storage place and how long they expect to lose it? Lots of demand in Raleigh. They cannot use it as an excuse forever.

That really sucks. If Tesla delays your delivery by more than 2 weeks, I can't imagine mine will be delivered anytime soon. Do you have an estimate when Tesla will delivery yours?
Just got a call from the new (as of last week) delivery mgr. in Raleigh. He "assured" me that he put my VIN on the list to move this week, so delivery is still possible by the end of the week(end). He seemed intent on resolving the storage/delivery mess in Raleigh.
In addition to the storage lot that was lost as reported in other posts, he told me that Raleigh was storing cars on the street and the police finally told them to get them moved ASAP. That added to the moves to Charlotte. Still no excuse - looks like extremely poor planning on the part of Raleigh/Tesla mgmt. If you have seen the Raleigh "showroom", there is no way that it is sufficient for the long term, to say nothing of the present situation.

• Informative
Reactions: TrickyDimitri
If anyone heading out to the Charlotte lot anytime soon sees a white/white performance Model 3 with 20" wheels, VIN 557xx (I saw 55829 earlier in the thread), I would certainly appreciate some pics!
Lol I posted a pic of that car possibly last week- it’s been sitting in same spot for 3 days...

Attachments

• FABF2B56-D252-4066-AAFF-246CCE7AD645.jpeg
    FABF2B56-D252-4066-AAFF-246CCE7AD645.jpeg
    361.4 KB · Views: 44
  • D339DFB0-6E97-4A50-8A7D-1029FEB7346D.jpeg
    D339DFB0-6E97-4A50-8A7D-1029FEB7346D.jpeg
    584 KB · Views: 53
  • 1D54248A-7091-46C6-BDB7-EA919CDE384E.jpeg
    1D54248A-7091-46C6-BDB7-EA919CDE384E.jpeg
    518.3 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.