Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charlotte, NC Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm , so what is your payment method ? Mine is listed As cash outside funding -Tesla sent me the credit app because South Carolina isn’t part of their funding program anymore but said to try it anyway lol
Cash. I am not reading in to having mine at the “prepare for delivery” check box. I think that is just because all my steps were marked completed, and I have been at the “drafting contract” stage for weeks. You have a P reservation and earlier reservation date, so you will likely be before me.

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911
... and my 8/20 delivery date in Raleigh was just cancelled. No new date. It seems they can’t move the car, which has been in Charlotte for 2 weeks, to Raleigh.

Tesla ought to just charter a bus and take everyone from Raleigh to Charlotte to pick up their cars. Or give us a train ticket to Charlotte.

... and my 8/20 delivery date in Raleigh was just cancelled. No new date. It seems they can’t move the car, which has been in Charlotte for 2 weeks, to Raleigh.

Tesla ought to just charter a bus and take everyone from Raleigh to Charlotte to pick up their cars. Or give us a train ticket to Charlotte.
Sorry to hear dat- My impression when I spoke with them about the Obsidian black Model 3’s (they had no clue if any were there) was that once the cars are delivered they ” sit” there for a while until prepped for delivery. Who knows if they immediately Check them or charge them once they arrive ....

Sorry to hear dat- My impression when I spoke with them about the Obsidian black Model 3’s (they had no clue if any were there) was that once the cars are delivered they ” sit” there for a while until prepped for delivery. Who knows if they immediately Check them or charge them once they arrive ....
So who knows how many of our cars may be on the lot weeks before we get any contact from Tesla.

My 8/23 delivery in Raleigh was just cancelled today as well, but I have no idea where the car actually is at the moment.

We have our car!! CLT delivery called my husband this morning informing him the car would be coming by a 3rd party hauler, and that it would arrive at the house by 2pm today. That stinker didn't tell me (he gets off early on Fridays) and I was quite surprised when I opened the garage door!

It's pretty. And goes fast. And I'm pretty sure it has more storage/trunk space than my Subaru Crosstrek. Since it is technically my husband's car... he drove us to dinner and around town a bit. It was delivered with 12% charge left, so we couldn't drive around too much. It's on the charger now, and I'll get my turn to drive tomorrow!

I don't have much advice for those with cancelled Raleigh deliveries... we live 3hrs away so when it happened to us I asked for home delivery. I CAN say that Justin out of the delivery dept in CLT was fantastic in working with us to get the car. We would have to call to check on it, but if he said he would call us by a certain time, he always did. He gets it, and is doing his best to stay in communication.

Picked up my Model S in for service today, was chatting with the service guys, they say they're averaging 2 full tractor trailers a day of Model 3s! I'd say there were a hundred or so in the lot, including many AWD.

Still waiting for my P3D+ MSM w black interior VIN though...

IMG_2128.jpg

Same thing happened to me. Originally had 8/10 delivery, then 8/20. Maybe we should just pitch in and rent a truck.

Picked up my Model S in for service today, was chatting with the service guys, they say they're averaging 2 full tractor trailers a day of Model 3s! I'd say there were a hundred or so in the lot, including many AWD.

View attachment 326702

Good god! Would you look at all that cheddar! Someone needs to send this pic to the head of Tesla Distribution. No wonder Mr. Musk is having trouble sleeping at night — all those undelivered Model 3s are just baking in the Carolina sun.

Last edited:
Maybe we need to see if all the raleigh people can do a group pick up in Charlotte?
I got a 8/25 delivery delayed as of Friday. After seeing ozymandius had 8/20 get delayed I’m sure there are a good number ;)
My X is in the shop at raleigh I will ask what delays are from when I go by Tuesday.
But raleigh has limited space to store vehicles too.

View attachment 326702
These are from my video on Thursday 2 days prior to yours that I couldn’t upload ...but it shows the movement and colors/model dominating theme right now.
DAB14EC6-0748-4D2E-9C3D-15EB39D02A71.jpeg
0E1CCA2F-AC9C-43E2-9FA4-40074F9C7C05.jpeg
88F36BD0-574E-41AD-A7AA-33B4FE988C11.jpeg

Reactions: Randy7fx
Status
Not open for further replies.