Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charlotte, NC Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up my car last Friday and I couldn't find any wrong. Today I wash the car for the first time and discover some damage on the edge outside edges of the hood. The paint is is completely gone and the metal is scoffed you cannot see it when the hood is closed. Not a big IMO since the hood is aluminum but I want Tesla to know. Who should I contact about the damage?
The service center closest to you (I’m guessing Charlotte). And thanks for reminding me to lift and open everything when checking during my delivery.

Well I am still cautious to get too excited, however, I have all the info in my Tesla account. I even have the completed MVPA now instead of the order agreement. My new mats are here, and I have the car wash products and license plate frame arriving Wednesday from Amazon. The garage charger has been installed for over a week already.

Just a heads up for Raleigh and Charlotte waiters... I had an appointment to pick my car up 9/22 in Charlotte and got an e-mail today saying I was set up for home delivery now. When I questioned it, here's what I got:

I understand the confusion here now that I’ve been able to look deeper. Right now NC with Charlotte and Raleigh are moving over to Direct Ships.

I work directly with the Charlotte and Raleigh delivery centers very closely and we’ve found that with some of the logistical issues that have been occurring that this would be the best way to get you your vehicle.

• Informative
Reactions: copyhacker
My 3 is in the shop, getting a passenger door repainted. Delivery attempt #5 is tentatively set for Monday 9/17 at 12:30 PM. I'm doubting that happens, considering the weather.

And since I'm 2 hours away, I'm pretty sure home delivery isn't happening for me.

My 3 is in the shop, getting a passenger door repainted. Delivery attempt #5 is tentatively set for Monday 9/17 at 12:30 PM. I'm doubting that happens, considering the weather.

And since I'm 2 hours away, I'm pretty sure home delivery isn't happening for me.

I'm further than that from Charlotte and it's what they're supposedly going to do for nearly everybody now since they can't seem to figure out how to deliver cars any other way.

Ahhh - just got the call that the Charlotte and Raleigh showrooms will be closed until Monday due to Hurricane Florence - and I was supposed to take delivery of my P3D tomorrow...

Good news, they start home or work deliveries next week so no need to go back to the showroom.
I didn’t get the call, and my delivery is scheduled for Saturday evening. I guess we shall see. I leave for a business trip on Sunday.

I’m scheduled for delivery on the morning of Saturday 22nd at Matthews, no contact since then even though I asked to correct DOB/license data. I’m expecting them to get serious next week, so not worried for now... I don’t think home delivery is more efficient in my case as I live 30mins away... it would be nice to get the VIN though to formalize insurance of course!

Reactions: TrickyDimitri
I’m scheduled for delivery on the morning of Saturday 22nd at Matthews, no contact since then even though I asked to correct DOB/license data. I’m expecting them to get serious next week, so not worried for now... I don’t think home delivery is more efficient in my case as I live 30mins away... it would be nice to get the VIN though to formalize insurance of course!
They are slow to give VIN, and my guess is just in case something changes. I have a strong feeling my delivery is not happening this weekend based on some other comments. I am a bit disappointed that nobody has bothered to call or email though. Nobody answered when I call the SC. Maybe somebody will reach out later today.

Didn't someone mention that the N.C. SCs were closed until Monday, for the hurricane? I don't know if that is just heresy or what, but that would certainly explain no one answering, etc.
Yes they did. That same person also said they got a call letting them know about their delivery cancellation. I have received no communication about mine being delayed. So unless somebody calls, I would have driven to the SC tomorrow afternoon only to find it closed. I shouldn’t have to learn that a delivery might be cancelled by checking a forum, nor should I have to assume they are closed because of a storm. I still have to work.

• Informative
Reactions: shanejackson
Yes they did. That same person also said they got a call letting them know about their delivery cancellation. I have received no communication about mine being delayed. So unless somebody calls, I would have driven to the SC tomorrow afternoon only to find it closed. I shouldn’t have to learn that a delivery might be cancelled by checking a forum, nor should I have to assume they are closed because of a storm. I still have to work.

Oh, I agree 100%. One thing you won't see me do, is defend the terrible communication that we all are getting from Tesla. I was just trying to decipher a reason as to why it would be happening now.

You're talking to the guy who has his 2nd M3 in the body shop, getting a repainted door, and waiting on some communication as to when it will finally be ready.

Reactions: TrickyDimitri
It’s official. My delivery has been cancelled for tomorrow, and they found some paint issues. They said no body issues, but they are going to have to send it to the body shop to correct the issues. I was told they would call me Tuesday to discuss my next delivery date, and it would likely be pushed to the week of the 24th. LOL. Woo hoo.

It’s official. My delivery has been cancelled for tomorrow, and they found some paint issues. They said no body issues, but they are going to have to send it to the body shop to correct the issues. I was told they would call me Tuesday to discuss my next delivery date, and it would likely be pushed to the week of the 24th. LOL. Woo hoo.
We're in the same club, welcome in! I had mine hit the body shop on Monday of this week, still hopeful for next Monday.

We're in the same club, welcome in! I had mine hit the body shop on Monday of this week, still hopeful for next Monday.
According to Tesla it is one scratch on the driver side door. Hopefully that is just an easy fix. Who knows. Next update to come on Tuesday. Both my VIN and delivery are no longer in my Tesla account, however, my MVPA is still there. I would rather them fix it now anyway. I am just extra frustrated because we are operating as a 1 car family right now and it is annoying.

How long did it take you to get your second VIN#?

CAR #1 (VIN 067xxx)
Delivery Date #1 (8/22): Got call the night before; scratch found...off to body shop.
Delivery Date #2 (8/29): too much wrong with car, chips, scratches, trim out of place, dent in door, etc.

Car #2 (no VIN# yet...2+ weeks waiting)

Car #1 (VIN 701xx)

Delivery Date #1 - Car has roof glass issue, one corner seems off
Delivery Date #2 - Roof Glass fixed, but frame under glass is also off, both were too low

Car #2 (VIN 891xx)

Delivery Date #3 - Car has scratch on passenger door, pretty deep one, a squiggle pattern
Delivery Date #4 - Mobile Detailing attempted to fix scratch, but it is still there. Advised (by Tesla) not to accept it as is.

Will Date #5 be a new VIN? Will we get a car in September? Stay tuned for more exciting action!

Who told you this? Did they call or email? I haven't gotten anything except what I've gathered from this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.