TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Chauffeur driver's profile Limits Autopilot

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Fiddler, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Fiddler

Fiddler Member

Peteybabes said: I found an interesting thing out. :) ... Chauffeur ... won't let me set Autopilot 5 mph above... Has anybody else found this, or can anybody else confirm that this happens for them?

I confirmed that indeed a "Chauffeur" driver's profile Limits Autopilot to the speed limit on my EAP Model X, FW8.1, 17.17.17

Does the Model S also limit a "Chauffeur" driver's profile?

2. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

I'm not rich enough to have a chauffeur drive me around :/

P.S. Check the speed offset for the new profile to make sure it's set to +5mph.

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Really doubt the text name makes a difference... :)

4. Fiddler

Fiddler Member

YOU'RE RIGHT! I was wrong. Sorry. On my second trip the "Chauffeur" driver's profile worked the same as all other profiles. I was sure AP2 didn't let speed above the limit on my first trip. It looks like I make a mistake. You're right. I was wrong.

5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

No problem... we all have been guilty of thinking "something" caused "something else" with not enough evidence. :D