Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chevy Bolt team must be really pulling their hair out after a today's tweets from Elon!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. AWD with super responsive high performance acceleration, probably under 4 secs 0-60 mph, for under $5K
2. Spaceship type steering and dash standard
3. Room for a minimum of 2 child seats, maybe 3 narrow ones like in Europe
4. Can fit a bike or a surfboard , plus optional towing hitch
5 Base RWD will be good enough even on ice for traction
6. More cowbells and whistles not yet divulged

Add to all of the above single beautiful glass Panaromic roof , Supercharger network ....and the list goes on.

Chevy has got to sell their Bolts before Tesla rolls them out and possibly before Part 2 of Model 3 reveal !

It's not any one thing folks, but All of it taken together is just so much that it must scare the daylight a out of MB, BMW, Audi, Toyota, Nissan etc.

I must have missed the under 4sec quote. Hard to believe <$5k for this level of performance.
That's why I said ' probably '. That's what has been rumored for the performance version. Maybe there will be more than one upgrade option ...AWD for under $5 K ( dunno how much maybe like $3,750) and then another option on top of that like Ludicrous mode that takes it to under 4 secs.

Let's remember that Model 3 is and has been designed completely new/from scratch from the bottom up and per JB Straubel shares hardly any common components for manufacturing.

Even other features and actual stats for even base M3 not yet revealed, but I expect 5.4 secs ( even maybe 5.2 secs) for base model on 0-60 mph performance,

I agree with your general point OP but my guess is the "P" version of the Model 3 with sub-4 sec acceleration will cost considerably more than $5K.

But fear not - I have a "slow" Model S 70D - but it feels ridiculously quick and makes passengers giggle when I stomp on the throttle. You will be very satisfied with the instant torque no matter what Model 3 you buy. :)

I agree with your general point OP but my guess is the "P" version of the Model 3 with sub-4 sec acceleration will cost considerably more than $5K.

But fear not - I have a "slow" Model S 70D - but it feels ridiculously quick and makes passengers giggle when I stomp on the throttle. You will be very satisfied with the instant torque no matter what Model 3 you buy. :)

I will happily pay more than the $5 K to get under 4 secs 0-60 acceleration if it also includes say AWD. I think even at say $ 7500 for both included.

Reactions: vjason
Unless I am mistaken, GM just dropped their announced price for the Bolt. Likely for exactly the list of reasons you state, as well as several others which may become apparent as we go forward.

You may be thinking of the April fools article that said they were dropping the price to $20?

Someone else fell for the beta testing Model 3 April fools joke. There's enough confusion about rumors and speculation already on TMC that we don't need all these April fools confusing people even more.

Did Elon just delete his tweet about a spaceship like steering system ? Maybe he thought he divulged too much, too early and that it might actually confuse people and make them think it would be too geeky and too different ?

The Bolt is a vastly inferior product. It is the modern day G-Wiz, an abomination of a concept just to check a few boxes. IMHO it couldn't compete at $20K OTD. It just screams "LOOK at MEEEE, I have a BATTERY!" and then it fails in every single catagory compared to the 3
I suspect you're correct, but since neither vehicle is actually out yet, there's really no way to be sure. However, the Bolt is certainly far better than any ICE offering in it's class for one obvious reason ;)

• Disagree
Reactions: Festerfeet