Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Class action? Tesla is charging $2000 to upgrade 16G RAM for 2021 owners to get steam working in car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Part0.gif

• Helpful
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Sometimes massively privileged whiners threatening lawsuits before all the facts are known need to be brought back to earth. 👍🏻

Ho Ho Ho! 🎄

Your fairy tale world is NOT the reality.

Reality is: features were promised and announced to get people to buy the cars. People bought the cars, never got those features. 1.5 years later the features are still NOT here, and Tesla will not put out any official information regarding its status.

What other facts need to be known?

Reality is: features were promised and announced to get people to buy the cars. People bought the cars, never got those features. 1.5 years later the features are still NOT here, and Tesla will not put out any official information regarding its status.

Good luck with your tantrum lawsuit. :)

If “FSD” is any indicator then you can be sure this will likely go nowhere.

There are factors of course that could change that like public sentiment toward Tesla (which does influence judges, no matter what they say)

Reactions: jebinc and Ramphex
If “FSD” is any indicator then you can be sure this will likely go nowhere.

There are factors of course that could change that like public sentiment toward Tesla (which does influence judges, no matter what they say)
You’re probably right. But if we don’t try to fight for what we’re owed, we then just forfeit, and I don’t like that option.

Ultimately, we got nothing to lose. Worst case scenario is we end up in a situation we’re in now, with no “console quality gaming.” Best case scenario, Tesla addresses this issue and makes it right.

I’m still waiting for FSD that doesn’t raise my heart rate. 😑
We’re different people and have different approaches. You might be okay with sitting back for years and waiting, but I’m not. Also the difference in these two situations is that they already HAVE the hardware to run Steam. So the fix is very obtainable. They are no where near completion of FSD, not with the current hardware and not with the 10.69 version.

• Informative
You’re probably right. But if we don’t try to fight for what we’re owed, we then just forfeit, and I don’t like that option.

Ultimately, we got nothing to lose. Worst case scenario is we end up in a situation we’re in now, with no “console quality gaming.” Best case scenario, Tesla addresses this issue and makes it right.
Take to social media.

Cars get upgraded all the time. I never knew of Stream when I purchased my 2018. My car is definitely better with more options than when I bought it. For that I am thankful and it is more, far more than any other car I have owned. Do I regret buying early? NO as I have had over 98,000 gas free miles. I do not see this as any different than the new Toyota RAV4 Prime now has 6kW charging versus my 3.6 kW charger and I never thought of suing Toyota.

One could sue the moon for not being made of cheese but that doesn’t mean they’ll get a morsel for the effort.

That being said, it’d be curious if they win. I wouldn’t hate a horizontal retrofit for our MX.

If anyone needs a basis for the lawsuit, here's Elon's own tweet stating that the new plaid being released will play cyberpunk 2077, back in January of 2021. Unless someone knows something i don't, you need steam to do cyberpunk, right?

His statements here would be a slam dunk for anyone that owns a plaid S. I do not know if that could be extrapolated into other models.

If anyone needs a basis for the lawsuit, here's Elon's own tweet stating that the new plaid being released will play cyberpunk 2077, back in January of 2021. Unless someone knows something i don't, you need steam to do cyberpunk, right?

His statements here would be a slam dunk for anyone that owns a plaid S. I do not know if that could be extrapolated into other models.

Well with a slam dunk like that I’m guessing you don’t mind financing the litigation?

I would specifically not do it just because of all the contentious people, like yourself, that always want other people to do the work so they can ride in with no effort and gain from someone else's work.
Oh when asked to put your money where your mouth is the story changes, but others in this thread say everyone should support everyone who wants the adolescent game they didn’t get.