TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Climate button colour.

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Algbc, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Algbc

Algbc Member

I picked up my car in May and there was no need to use heating option. I recently wanted to heat up the car since it was about 14c in the morning.
    When I thought of something. The climate button on the bottom of the screen is always in blue. I wish that could change so if the AC is on the button turns blue and when heat is on it turns red, so that we know the heat is on.
    What do you guys think?

• Like x 1
  2. COrich

COrich Member

I guess I never thought of it that way, might be a good idea but it doesn't matter to me as I don't really look at it much at all. I always think of it as climate control is on if blue and off if gray. When on, it uses the temperature setting to either heat or cool the car based on the current interior temperature. That is also how my VW Tiguan works.

• Disagree x 1
  3. ninefiveone

ninefiveone Member

it's a clever idea. What color would the icon be if just the fan was on?

4. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

White?

• Like x 1
  5. Algbc

Algbc Member

Baby blue or green?

6. commasign

commasign Active Member

How about the fan icon spins. ;)

• Like x 2
  7. ninefiveone

ninefiveone Member

I'm thinking green might be a winner. Fan on but no AC or heat is the most "eco" mode. Green also means "on" for a lot of interfaces.

White works if the icon is grey when off. I honestly don't remember what color the icon is when the system is off. For some reason I thought it was white but I don't recall.

• Like x 1