Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change / Global Warming Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes when faced with hardcore denial or complete indifference from people, I am ready to give up the fight and almost wish that nature's response would be swifter and more fatal. I get the vibe that our species does not deserve to survive...
Maybe evolution should just run its natural course, wipe us out and let some more adaptive species dominate.

Reactions: UrsS

Informative article, thank you.

Sometimes when faced with hardcore denial or complete indifference from people, I am ready to give up the fight and almost wish that nature's response would be swifter and more fatal. I get the vibe that our species does not deserve to survive...
Maybe evolution should just run its natural course, wipe us out and let some more adaptive species dominate.

@ZsoZso all I can ask is that you keep trying ~ nothing else. I feel just as alone. But, I care about seeing California Valley quail, butterfly’s, frogs and drinking fresh water.

I would be in denial if I believed that my footprint alone was going to save the human race. My grandmother was in denial when she told my mother she should not have children following WWII. I do not know what will happen once I pass on, but I do know that I will never know the rest of the story here on earth as a human being in my current form ~ period. Once the lights go out, I am done ~ period. The rest will be up to you:)

All I can possibly do is the best I can with the life I have been given. Was I blessed, hell no. If I was and missed the bus, then shame on me; but it was unfair not to bless all the others with less than me.

Our family is doing everything humanly possible to gtfafff (I hope you can guess that acronym). We have solar panels, EV, down to one car, etc.

It is kind of like enlisting in the army back in 1969, not drafted; I followed my path and hoped everything would turn out for the better.

Please do not give up, my grandchildren are at stake. And yes, I know that if our family makes it, many others that are not the brightest light bulbs on the human chandelier will also make it. I would be in denial otherwise:)

‘Death spiral’: half of Europe’s coal plants are losing money

‘Death spiral’: half of Europe’s coal plants are losing money
Stricter air pollution rules and higher carbon prices are set to push even more plants into unprofitability, according to the analysts Carbon Tracker, with 97% of the plants losing money by 2030. Furthermore, rapidly falling renewables costs are on track to make building new wind and solar farms cheaper than continuing to run existing coal plants by the mid 2020s.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak and EinSV

I've been fighting away such thoughts. To give in to such thinking would likely destroy me, and it certainly wouldn't help anything. Seems better to believe we can be better as a species and keep trying in whatever ways we can. My rooftop solar is getting installed next week. I'm still trying.

I've been fighting away such thoughts. To give in to such thinking would likely destroy me, and it certainly wouldn't help anything. Seems better to believe we can be better as a species and keep trying in whatever ways we can. My rooftop solar is getting installed next week. I'm still trying.

I have self-installed mine 6 years ago to save some cost, it just paid off its cost this summer, so from now on its free power, pure profit. I have purchased land and will start constructing my retirement home next year: it will be a passive solar design, it will keep it internal temperature in a pleasant 20-25 degree celsius range all year around without using any external energy input, and will generate enough electric energy from solar and wind not only to power the house needs, but also my electric cars (currently have 2 of them, also have a model 3 reservation) and boat. So I am still doing what I can, I just cant help to feel frustrated sometimes.