Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can’t turn on climate from the Tesla App - get failure message and also the following message in the MCU - Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault.

Anyone had this before? Guess I am going to be paying a visit to my service center. Need to get a creaky suspension / yellow MCU and HW3 upgrade done anyway.

83D24C13-DE1B-46D5-9DA2-E21AF09C7CC4.jpeg

Can’t turn on climate from the Tesla App - get failure message and also the following message in the MCU - Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault.

Anyone had this before? Guess I am going to be paying a visit to my service center. Need to get a creaky suspension / yellow MCU and HW3 upgrade done anyway.

View attachment 505960

Yup had this same issue this morning. I'm on 2020.4.1 firmware.
I believe it had to do with my home wifi connection.
It's now working when on LTE. I will need to troubleshoot my wifi connection.

I have the same issue on my Model S. I contacted service and they stated it is a firmware issue that they are working on. On my car if I try to use the app to turn on climate then when I get to the car I also cannot use the climate keeper. That clears with a reboot. I also am in Iowa so I use the steering wheel heater occasionally. If I use that it appears to remain on when I park unless I manually turn it off or recharge the car. I assume these issues are all related although I have not gotten confirmation of the steering wheel heater being part of the firmware issue.

• Informative
Reactions: Hebert
I have the same issue on my Model S. I contacted service and they stated it is a firmware issue that they are working on. On my car if I try to use the app to turn on climate then when I get to the car I also cannot use the climate keeper. That clears with a reboot. I also am in Iowa so I use the steering wheel heater occasionally. If I use that it appears to remain on when I park unless I manually turn it off or recharge the car. I assume these issues are all related although I have not gotten confirmation of the steering wheel heater being part of the firmware issue.
I'm pretty sure the steering wheel heater is a design change. I think it started when they started saving climate settings per profile. I actually take advantage of that since I don't like having the heat on if it's not too cold and you can't change the steering wheel setting without turning the heat on and off since v9 when they moved the cold weather options into the HVAC controls instead of having them separate.

Anyone had this before?

How did you get on with this fault? Has it gone away. I have had the same fault in my Model 3 since delivery in December. It usually clears after a deep sleep, but then comes back withing a day or so. Telsa told me it was firmware related. I have subsequently installed 3 software updates and the issue is still there?

Rebooting does not seem to help. I have had that problem on various releases. But every time I get ready to open a ticket on it, it clears on its own. Now on 2020.4.1, and it has been a few weeks since having the problem. I have no idea what it might be

I’m having the same problem with my model 3. It’s not good because it’s 90 degrees here right now. Given Covid I don’t want to take my car in for service right now. They also don’t have loaners and there’s no chance I’m hopping in an Uber.

Attachments

• BD9A599A-E3D2-4CD3-99C7-04E1CA2A0271.jpeg
    BD9A599A-E3D2-4CD3-99C7-04E1CA2A0271.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 440
I’m having the same problem with my model 3. It’s not good because it’s 90 degrees here right now. Given Covid I don’t want to take my car in for service right now. They also don’t have loaners and there’s no chance I’m hopping in an Uber.
Has anyone gotten a solution to this problem? Seems to be a firmware or software issue if it is affecting all of us. Since they came out with the new Raven vehicles, it has affected this and the battery pack software unlock upgrade cant be done even by tesla.

Has anyone gotten a solution to this problem? Seems to be a firmware or software issue if it is affecting all of us. ...
Yeah I got a fix - it was hardware.
In my case (model 3) it was a faulty humidity sensor up in the rear vision mirror bracket. Totally fixed since they replaced it and other M3 users on this board had the same fix work for them too. Apart from the "Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault" message with loss of remote control of HVAC, mine could not maintain the target temperature. This became very obvious with logging software like Teslafi which records target vs actual cabin temp. In case of the M3 there is a THS sensor repair kit that fixes the issue. Apologies if this is not relevant being in the X thread.

I’m having the same issue with my Model S . “Climate System Unavailable due to System Fault”.
Also I can’t remotely control HVAC. Tesla mobile service just came to fix it and he replaced some sensor, but I still have the same issues.
Version: 2020.24.6.4

I have had that problem in the past. But it has always cleared on its own. Rebooting the car did not clear it. But it never failed long enough for me to open a service ticket, so I have idea why it happened. It has been at least six months since the last occurrence.

Having this issue with 2020 SR+M3. Soft and Hard Reset didn’t help. Seems like there is no answer besides “needs a software update”, humidity sensor replacement fixed it” and “🤷‍♂️Went away on its own like magic”