TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

"Climate turned off because it has been on for 4 hours"

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Altes, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Altes

Altes Member

recently ive been getting these notifications....dont think i have set anything new...is this a new "feature"??

2. Jhelin

Jhelin Member

I'm guessing you have Smart Precondition turned on?

3. tranzndance

tranzndance Member

I have gotten this, too. I do have the setting on. However, the alerts would happen a few hours after I parked the car at work, and many hours before I would be leaving.

While it had been cold, it hadn't been that cold in the Bay Area.

4. tranzndance

tranzndance Member

I checked the Teslafi raw data log and it didn't show that the Climate was on while parked during the supposed hours. It's like this was the opposite of the missing charge completed notification, except that this was possibly a false alert.

5. llirk

llirk Member

I’ve been getting the same alerts on the app for the past few weeks. Smart preconditioning is off. Android app has been updated at least twice since this has started, but no firmware update has been installed. Very strange.

6. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Been doing that for a while. Last summer, I turned on the A/C before I left for lunch. I ended up walking to the restaurant and forgot I had turned it on. Got the notice 4 hours later. I was surprised, because I thought it was supposed to stay on indefinitely or until you reached 20% SOC (I was at about 70%). I don't use Smart Preconditioning either.

7. Paulhchen

Paulhchen New Member

Service center said it could be caused by 3rd party apps accessing the Tesla account.