Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reserved in July, 2017. Ordered on 6/28/18. Still crickets.

More proof that the P's are taking priority over AWD. :(
It's unfortunate but makes sense. They want a good quarter and pushing the higher margin ones out helps them produce all models down for cheaper. I wish they'd treat mine like it was a hot cake though. Not too easy getting in touch with my inside advisor and they keep getting the information wrong. I'm hoping it'll be before four weeks is up though, just made another payment on the trade-in and would like to not make another one.

I'm taking delivery of the same config, tomorrow. Also from Boulder (County). I'll watch for you around town.

28.May.2017 Reserved
28.Jun.2018 Configured: AWD LR Pearl White Aero EAP FSD Cash/no-trade
31.Jul.2018 Edited to White Interior (undocumented URL)
20.Aug.2018 First email from ISA
21.Aug.2018 Call from ISA to schedule delivery! Two minutes later an email confirmation with VIN: 966xx, bank info, etc.
29.Aug.2018 Delivery

Standroid.. sorry to pick on you, but I need to vent (or just stay off these forums). I’m a non owner, reserved November 2016, ordered 6/27, Blue, AWD, Aeros, No AP, Tesla loan, no trade, and live in Colorado Springs. Haven’t heard a single peep yet and still showing that damn sept - nov. Now I’m all in favor of waiting my fair turn, but I keep seeing people who reserved months/years later with similar awd configs getting vins and delivery dates.. it’s really starting to make my blood boil (in a first world problem kind of way) the way Tesla is handling this. Am I missing something here? Why the H is tesla giving so many people their cars before those that have waited longer? And I’m not complaining about P3D’s.. it’s other LR AWD buyers... ugh.

• Love
Reactions: jsrawa and Runt8
Standroid.. sorry to pick on you, but I need to vent (or just stay off these forums). I’m a non owner, reserved November 2016, ordered 6/27, Blue, AWD, Aeros, No AP, Tesla loan, no trade, and live in Colorado Springs. Haven’t heard a single peep yet and still showing that damn sept - nov. Now I’m all in favor of waiting my fair turn, but I keep seeing people who reserved months/years later with similar awd configs getting vins and delivery dates.. it’s really starting to make my blood boil (in a first world problem kind of way) the way Tesla is handling this. Am I missing something here? Why the H is tesla giving so many people their cars before those that have waited longer? And I’m not complaining about P3D’s.. it’s other LR AWD buyers... ugh.

It’s because he switched to white interior.

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this Schmeltz318. Something tells me your turn is coming up soon. I was a first day reservation holder and I'm getting my 3 this Tuesday. We have the same build but I ordered the white interior. I'm wondering if that sped things up for me. Looking forward to seeing you around town soon! I'm also in Colorado Springs.

• Love
Reactions: Schmeltz318
Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this Schmeltz318. Something tells me your turn is coming up soon. I was a first day reservation holder and I'm getting my 3 this Tuesday. We have the same build but I ordered the white interior. I'm wondering if that sped things up for me. Looking forward to seeing you around town soon! I'm also in Colorado Springs.

Definitely kicking myself for not reserving on 3/31/16.. I watched the model 3 announcement live at 6 am when I was deployed at the time. I almost reserved it, but I was focused on paying down debt at the time I didn’t think a car reservation would help :) oh well.

You might consider winter tires even on the 18".

My plan for the first winter is to swap out to winter tires on the stock 20" wheels. Not a popular option compared to buying an alternate set of wheels, but by the next winter a year from now, there should be a lot more options for other wheels that will fit over the big brakes. There is a set of 19" T Sportlines that will fit that you might have seen on this thread, but you're kind of beta testing 3rd party stuff at this point.

Thanks everyone. Feeling happy today! Changed order to Perf. Upgrade and order the TST 18" w/ free shipping :)

Now hoping it won't impact the delivery date by too much but planning to be patient

no that has to be a typo, they charge maybe $250 for a 4 wheel set normally?

Oops, I read it wrong. At first I thought it said per wheel, which would be pretty crazy. But it's per wheel *set*, so yeah, that's $250 total for a set of 4. Still, pretty good discount on top of the 10%.

EDIT: So yeah, it's awfully tempting to get the 19" TST wheels with pre-installed winter tires for $2800 shipped. Gloss black seems like it would go good with red (or any color really).

Oops, I read it wrong. At first I thought it said per wheel, which would be pretty crazy. But it's per wheel *set*, so yeah, that's $250 total for a set of 4. Still, pretty good discount on top of the 10%.

EDIT: So yeah, it's awfully tempting to get the 19" TST wheels with pre-installed winter tires for $2800 shipped. Gloss black seems like it would go good with red (or any color really).
that's why i bought them over 4th of July (same exact sale) but now they are machined to fit our P3D's :)

Just stopped by the LIttleton service center. I got to see my car. Super excited to pick it up on Wednesday!
Also the Tesla semi is cool too, but it isn’t mine.

Attachments

• 5DE06570-93FD-4D70-B697-881030139297.jpeg
    5DE06570-93FD-4D70-B697-881030139297.jpeg
    427.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 094BDD18-A9C4-4ED3-93D6-104E38FE693B.jpeg
    094BDD18-A9C4-4ED3-93D6-104E38FE693B.jpeg
    592.6 KB · Views: 52