Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for all you CO P3D+ owners:
Reading about all the noise around how Tesla really wants to provide perks like track and who know what in the future, I am considering adding the performance upgrade and was wondering what is the opinion on the standard 20" wheels in our wonderful winter weather here? Are you guys planning to swap them for smaller tires during winter?
Thanks!

Reading about all the noise around how Tesla really wants to provide perks like track and who know what in the future, I am considering adding the performance upgrade and was wondering what is the opinion on the standard 20" wheels in our wonderful winter weather here? Are you guys planning to swap them for smaller tires during winter?
Thanks!

AH! totally missed that this was discussed on around page 2 of this thread. Sorry folks.
Sounds like I'd need to cough up more $ for winter tires if I wanna go PUP :(
Decisions decisions

AH! totally missed that this was discussed on around page 2 of this thread. Sorry folks.
Sounds like I'd need to cough up more $ for winter tires if I wanna go PUP :(
Decisions decisions

You might consider winter tires even on the 18".

My plan for the first winter is to swap out to winter tires on the stock 20" wheels. Not a popular option compared to buying an alternate set of wheels, but by the next winter a year from now, there should be a lot more options for other wheels that will fit over the big brakes. There is a set of 19" T Sportlines that will fit that you might have seen on this thread, but you're kind of beta testing 3rd party stuff at this point.

Thanks!
20s are for summers only, and winter @ 20" is stupid expensive. i went with a 19" winter setup, i prefer swapping wheel set rather than ripping rubber on and off each season.

Reactions: rdlink
+1 to 3ZERO3, PCA events were solid.

I am near the finish line. Account data needs changing but I was told by the ISA that my 3 has been produced and should be arriving into Littleton SC next week. Quickest turn around so I hope it's not a refused vehicle. Hoping to get the details finalized. Got my financing all done before the rate bumps also. Literally got it in the day before changes to rates were made.

+1 to 3ZERO3, PCA events were solid.

I am near the finish line. Account data needs changing but I was told by the ISA that my 3 has been produced and should be arriving into Littleton SC next week. Quickest turn around so I hope it's not a refused vehicle. Hoping to get the details finalized. Got my financing all done before the rate bumps also. Literally got it in the day before changes to rates were made.
congrats! what are the rates now?

i prefer swapping wheel set rather than ripping rubber on and off each season.

Quick derail: this is the first car that I plan to swap wheels between summer and winter tire sets. Do you all store the extra set at home in your giant garages, or what? Our garage is too small to handle that. We've got a shed I plan to likely use, but have read of places that will store the off set until needed.

What do you folks do to manage this?

Quick derail: this is the first car that I plan to swap wheels between summer and winter tire sets. Do you all store the extra set at home in your giant garages, or what? Our garage is too small to handle that. We've got a shed I plan to likely use, but have read of places that will store the off set until needed.

giant garage

Reactions: evp

you can buy tire totes and store them in a closet/attic? friends place?