Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m flying back to Colorado today and have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow. Haven’t heard from Littleton yet :/

Does anyone at the delivery want to scan the lot and see if my car is there? Pretty please? Blue with Aero wheels vin ends in 4898

I’m flying back to Colorado today and have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow. Haven’t heard from Littleton yet :/

Does anyone at the delivery want to scan the lot and see if my car is there? Pretty please? Blue with Aero wheels vin ends in 4898

I have delivery tomorrow too and haven’t heard a word. I also have no finalized MVPA and no option to pay my remaining balance. I’m a little concerned. I can’t scan the lot but I’ll wish you luck!

I have delivery tomorrow too and haven’t heard a word. I also have no finalized MVPA and no option to pay my remaining balance. I’m a little concerned. I can’t scan the lot but I’ll wish you luck!

Yesterday I was in the area and decided to walk in and find out the status of my car. All they could figure out was that it had not yet arrived, but it was 'ready for transport'. Basically it was sitting in a delivery hub somewhere. At least I have a VIN and it's built and trying to make it's way to Colorado. My expectations for my Friday delivery are 50/50. Luckily I only live ~20 minutes from delivery center so it won't mess up my plans too much either way.

I called the Littleton center today around 10:00, because I was concerned that I hadn't even heard from a delivery adviser, even though I had a VIN. The person I spoke with told me that my car had arrived, and was being unloaded from the truck as we spoke. Taking the lead of others, I offered to take my delivery early if it would relieve some of the pressure from Friday, when my delivery was scheduled. He told me they could get me in at 4:30, so I jumped on it.

Showed up about 45 minutes early, since I had to take a Lyft to get there from Arvada. I walked onto the lot, and walked up to a couple of red Model 3s to check the VIN. The second one I walked up to was mine. It was all shined up and ready to go. Someone walked up immediately and asked me if he could help me. I told him the car was mine, and he had me walk inside to check in. The greeter inside told me they wouldn't be able to set me up with the phone key until about 15 minutes before my appt. He welcomed me to go and take a look at my car, which I did. I walked around and made sure the car was within the "specs" that I would accept. Once I was comfortable I pulled out my phone, logged onto my Tesla account and paid my balance via ACH. By then it was about 4:15, so I went inside. They routed me over to the nice young lady handling the paperwork. She flipped open my folder, and had me sign about 4 documents. Then she went over the MVPA with me, and told me what I owed. I informed her that I had just paid it on my phone outside. She looked on her computer, and confirmed it.

Then she handed me off to the gentleman who was to give me my orientation. We spent about 10 minutes going over the ins and outs of the car. Then he snapped a couple of pics for me, and I was on my way.

This car is a thing of beauty. Tight, refined and powerful. I am fortunate that I have not experienced any technical/electronics issues so far. There were a couple of small fit and finish issues, such as a small driver side door alignment issue, and a small gap inconsistency that I will address with Tesla later. Otherwise, I couldn't be happier.

And I can't say enough about the great attitude and esprit de corps that is being exhibited by the Tesla employees at the Littleton center. Courteous, helpful, enthusiastic and downright friendly across the board.

View attachment 338463

View attachment 338464
Great idea on paying by ACH from your phone. My delivery is scheduled for 6pm tomorrow so I was planning on bringing a cashiers check since I wasn’t sure if an ACH would clear after hours. Did the amount stay the same as was originally listed on your MVPA?

Sorry, man. That sucks. Can I come help eat the goodies?

And on a side note, how the **** do they not know where the car is? They have GPS tracking on every vehicle. What a mess...
1. They said it was invoiced on this morning's truck. But when they pinged it, it was showing up in California.

2. @Maltaltin : this was cash payment, no trade in. The smart thing I did was to not send in payment via ACH 3 days ago, or even get a cashier's check yesterday, for this very scenario. I had a VIN and a final MVPA but my appointment was set up by the Fremont team, and I had no contact from anyone in Denver. Multiple calls went unanswered and to a full voicemail box. My only mistake was adding the car to my insurance on Tue. I cancelled today but have to pay for 3 days of Model 3.

3. Oh, and about the homemade pastries, they are real, and they are spectacular!

1. They said it was invoiced on this morning's truck. But when they pinged it, it was showing up in California.

2. @Maltaltin : this was cash payment, no trade in. The smart thing I did was to not send in payment via ACH 3 days ago, or even get a cashier's check yesterday, for this very scenario. I had a VIN and a final MVPA but my appointment was set up by the Fremont team, and I had no contact from anyone in Denver. Multiple calls went unanswered and to a full voicemail box. My only mistake was adding the car to my insurance on Tue. I cancelled today but have to pay for 3 days of Model 3.

3. Oh, and about the homemade pastries, they are real, and they are spectacular!
Did your online account get updated with a new delivery date or does it still show the originally scheduled time?

Great idea on paying by ACH from your phone. My delivery is scheduled for 6pm tomorrow so I was planning on bringing a cashiers check since I wasn’t sure if an ACH would clear after hours. Did the amount stay the same as was originally listed on your MVPA?

Funny thing is that I didn't even get an MVPA until after I paid. But what was on the MVPA was the same amount that had been on my account summary since sometime in late July or earl August. I paid, then walked inside and saw my MVPA for the first time.

I was worried about the ACH as well, and didn't want to use it for a couple of reasons. First, I didn't want to pay until I had looked at the car. And second, I wasn't sure whether it would be difficult based on the bank one uses. But being able to process the payment on the spot with my phone on Tesla's website rectified both concerns. The process is controlled on Tesla's end, not the bank's. So you go through it just like you would if you were doing some sort of electronic bill pay (which is essentially what it is). Tesla's site even tells you when you process the payment that it could take 48 hours or so to show up at your bank. BTW: My bank is reflecting the transaction this morning, and I have $62K less in my account than I did yesterday... :(

Interestingly the delivery person I spoke with yesterday morning originally told me that I didn't need to bring a cashier's check, and that I could just write a personal check. When I told him that I don't even know where my checkbook is he said I could do the ACH. When we got off the phone my account was updated with the new appt time in a matter of 30 seconds, and the ACH payment link showed up within about a half hour. So, while I had the option of taking a cashier's check I opted to use the ACH, and I am glad I did.

Did your online account get updated with a new delivery date or does it still show the originally scheduled time?
Funny you should ask...I just checked my account and the VIN I've had for the past 7 days has been removed.
It's looking more and more like my car was diverted to a needy soul in CA.
None of this bothers me because after reading numerous posts, for past 3 weeks, of this same thing happening all over the country, I kind of expected it. I also would prefer to pick up in the much much more relaxed start of Q4, rather than the end of Q3 insanity.

Funny thing is that I didn't even get an MVPA until after I paid. But what was on the MVPA was the same amount that had been on my account summary since sometime in late July or earl August. I paid, then walked inside and saw my MVPA for the first time.

I was worried about the ACH as well, and didn't want to use it for a couple of reasons. First, I didn't want to pay until I had looked at the car. And second, I wasn't sure whether it would be difficult based on the bank one uses. But being able to process the payment on the spot with my phone on Tesla's website rectified both concerns. The process is controlled on Tesla's end, not the bank's. So you go through it just like you would if you were doing some sort of electronic bill pay (which is essentially what it is). Tesla's site even tells you when you process the payment that it could take 48 hours or so to show up at your bank. BTW: My bank is reflecting the transaction this morning, and I have $62K less in my account than I did yesterday... :(

Interestingly the delivery person I spoke with yesterday morning originally told me that I didn't need to bring a cashier's check, and that I could just write a personal check. When I told him that I don't even know where my checkbook is he said I could do the ACH. When we got off the phone my account was updated with the new appt time in a matter of 30 seconds, and the ACH payment link showed up within about a half hour. So, while I had the option of taking a cashier's check I opted to use the ACH, and I am glad I did.
Ahh, that’s great, thanks! Saves me the trouble of going to the bank tomorrow.

FWIW, Colorado law requires your insurance company to cover any new cars on your existing policy for up to 30 days after you buy them. And if you're paying cash Tesla doesn't have any reason to care if you have insurance. Nobody even asked to see mine yesterday. I use GEICO, which makes it extremely easy to add or remove a car to my policy on my phone in about 2 minutes. I added the car a couple of days ago, but I post dated the effective date to tomorrow, when I was originally scheduled to pick up. I called them today and told them that I actually took delivery on the car yesterday, and they said I could just leave it alone, because I am automatically covered for 30 days anyway.

My appointment is today at 4pm. I'm coming from Fort Collins and have not had any contact from Denver. My MVPA populated yesterday with my "Make Payment" button. No luck on reaching anyone in Littleton so I'm super nervous about making a three hour trek for nothing. :(

So I've had a pdf trade-in offer, but nothing posted to my account, for a couple days. Was asked to approve everything, I said once the trade in is on the account, I'd be happy to. Was then asked for a picture of the title, even though I has provided one with the pictures of the car I am trading in. I sent emails the last two days asking when my account would be updated, no response... And just got another email asking for a picture of the title AGAIN. I know they are busy, but come on...

I was supposed to take home delivery yesterday 9am. No one showed up or called. Contacted delivery advisor and he didn’t call back until just now saying the car is in the wrong Colorado location (ie: not at Littleton). I now have a “promise” to have the car delivered by end of month, maybe a different configuration all together

My appointment is today at 4pm. I'm coming from Fort Collins and have not had any contact from Denver. My MVPA populated yesterday with my "Make Payment" button. No luck on reaching anyone in Littleton so I'm super nervous about making a three hour trek for nothing. :(

Good luck, I'll be heading down from Fort Collins Saturday morning for my delivery, fingers crossed.

That's a bummer - I'm still showing a 9/29 1:30pm delivery in Littletton and VIN for a Blue AWD aero EAP, but no MVPA or option to pay final amount in my account.

Kind of hoping this slides to October so I can avoid the Saturday rush...

You can just say you can't make it until 10/1. If you want to avoid the rush, just tell them when you want to take delivery.

Lol, what other Colorado delivery locations are there?

I've only heard of Littleton so far but they did mention they intend to have temporary locations in Broomfield and Cherry Creek and also make home deliveries this Saturday.

I have a 1030am Friday deliver scheduled in Littleton. Tried to call this morning to confirm my car was there, but rolled to the full voice mailbox. The recording gives you an option to press 0 for assistance, so I did. That routed my to someone in Las Vegas who answered right away. I had two goals: 1) confirm my car is in Littleton, and 2) confirm I can pay with a personal check if desired. The rep said that their records show my car arriving yesterday. They also said my plan to pay with ACH or backup personal check after checking the car over is totally fine. I confirmed personal vs cashiers check — she said they have loosened their policy to allow personal checks in an effort to maximize the deliveries this quarter.

So, bottom line I just confirmed what many have been posting already on this thread. But, I feel better hearing it first hand.