Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am also scheduled for tomorrow. I have a VIN and a final purchase agreement, but I have never been contacted by a Denver rep, and they aren't answering the phone. My appointment was confirmed by a rep in CA.
Because I don't have confirmation that my car is here and ready, I am not going to pay in advance. Taking a check tomorrow, or I can ACH at Littleton after I know I have a car.

Thanks for the input!

So I am scheduled to take delivery tomorrow (in Littleton) and wondering if anyone has used the "Make Payment" button on your Tesla Account to get it out of the way or if waiting till the day of delivery to make the final payment is the better way to go.

I'm a little nervous about it so I am planning on bringing a personal check tomorrow since I'm not totally confident the final balance won't change.
I'm taking delivery Friday. I also have the Make Payment button. Plan on bringing a cashiers check just in case there is an issues with delivery.

Edit: I think they would like to have you pay in advance, but it also says, bring:

• Final payment (if you are picking up your vehicle in a Tesla sales licensed state)
So I'm going with that.

Hey all! I just signed up for an account so I could post this. I was offered early delivery to upgrade to white seats, I've been assigned a VIN and it's 070XXX . This seems pretty early and now I'm nervous I'm getting a reject. Can anyone offer commentary on this? I've got Sep 29 delivery now and, while I know I can look it over before paying, I just want to do my homework.

Hey all! I just signed up for an account so I could post this. I was offered early delivery to upgrade to white seats, I've been assigned a VIN and it's 070XXX . This seems pretty early and now I'm nervous I'm getting a reject. Can anyone offer commentary on this? I've got Sep 29 delivery now and, while I know I can look it over before paying, I just want to do my homework.
I wouldn't be worried. VIN's aren't built in sequential order so you likely have a new build. With that VIN should still be built recently anyway. Enjoy.

That's the way it's intended to work. The light press is the "lane change" feature. The harder press leaves the turn signal on until you either complete your turn or flip it back up manually. My only nit on this is that I which they'd have designed it like my old BMW: Once you've hard pressed it you can cancel by hard pressing again.

A lot of people have been reporting left turn signal issues. PSA - left turn signal doesn't reset - defective steering control module

Thanks rdlink, the post you recommended confirms that it's a defective part. Half up gives 3 clicks. Half down gives infinite left clicks (same as full down). Only way to get 3 clicks left is to barely move the knob down and wait for 3.

Very likely that is a Sep 2018 build. The cars are not built sequentially by VIN. There are blocks of VINs that correspond to different configurations. I would not sweat a 70,xxx VIN.

No car for me today. I contacted my DA in Las Vegas this morning to ask if my car was actually in Littleton for my 6 pm delivery appt. before I made the drive up from Colorado Springs, and he replied that he tracked the car down with their logistics people, and it was being shipped up from Colorado Springs (ironically?) today but would not be available for delivery today. We rescheduled for Thursday evening. Ugh. So now I'm on a day-for-day slip since Tuesday AM, but fingers crossed for tomorrow.

That's the way it's intended to work. The light press is the "lane change" feature. The harder press leaves the turn signal on until you either complete your turn or flip it back up manually. My only nit on this is that I which they'd have designed it like my old BMW: Once you've hard pressed it you can cancel by hard pressing again.

A lot of people have been reporting left turn signal issues. PSA - left turn signal doesn't reset - defective steering control module
My left turn signal is not working right - same as the others. I too believe they will have to replace the steering control module or stalk. with the light touch it never turns off.

Had a great delivery today! Appointment was at 3:00, I ended up getting there around 2:20 (it’s possible I was just a little excited). Went up to the desk inside, where they already had my paperwork printed and ready to go. Spend a grand total of 3 minutes going over the paperwork (which was identical to what was posted in my account), signed a few things, and was handed over to someone else. They went and found my car and told me it was in the process of being detailed, which was no big deal since I was so early (they even mentioned several times how much they appreciated how patient I was, despite me being so early; everyone was super friendly). Spent about 30 minutes talking to a Model S owner who had showed to up help with deliveries, so the time went quickly. They pulled my car up to the front, then decided it wasn’t clean enough so they took it back to give it another quick wash, and then I was able to inspect it.

During the inspection I didn’t feel rushed at all, I was told to take as much time as I needed but they also said I had 72 hours to inspect it at home and I could email any issues I found. I didn’t see any paint defects or panel alignment problems at all - the outside looks absolutely fantastic. There was some tape residue on the inside of the windshield that I didn’t see until I started driving, but it cleaned off in a couple minutes at home. Also some smears on the center console (definitely going to wrap that scratch magnet) but those also cleaned up easily.

So far I’ve run into a few software issues:
  1. Turn signal issue (see below).
  2. The first time I tried to make a call I couldn’t hear anything and then when I hung up the radio kept making blipping noises. Resolved by resetting the system.
  3. When I was pulling out of a grocery store parking lot I got three rapid error messages (something like “Reduced steering assist,” “traction control disabled,” and “emergency braking disabled”). Wasn’t able to get them to go away with a reboot but I went inside for dinner and they were gone when I came back out. Plan on mentioning to Tesla Service when I take it in to get the turn signals fixed.
Other than those issues I am absolutely in love with the car and I was very impressed with the delivery. Definitely worth the wait!

Thanks rdlink, the post you recommended confirms that it's a defective part. Half up gives 3 clicks. Half down gives infinite left clicks (same as full down). Only way to get 3 clicks left is to barely move the knob down and wait for 3.

My left turn signal is not working right - same as the others. I too believe they will have to replace the steering control module or stalk. with the light touch it never turns off.
I’m seeing the same issue. Right works fine (3 clicks for light press, stays on with full press), but left always stays on no matter how hard you press down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Solarman004
I called the Littleton center today around 10:00, because I was concerned that I hadn't even heard from a delivery adviser, even though I had a VIN. The person I spoke with told me that my car had arrived, and was being unloaded from the truck as we spoke. Taking the lead of others, I offered to take my delivery early if it would relieve some of the pressure from Friday, when my delivery was scheduled. He told me they could get me in at 4:30, so I jumped on it.

Showed up about 45 minutes early, since I had to take a Lyft to get there from Arvada. I walked onto the lot, and walked up to a couple of red Model 3s to check the VIN. The second one I walked up to was mine. It was all shined up and ready to go. Someone walked up immediately and asked me if he could help me. I told him the car was mine, and he had me walk inside to check in. The greeter inside told me they wouldn't be able to set me up with the phone key until about 15 minutes before my appt. He welcomed me to go and take a look at my car, which I did. I walked around and made sure the car was within the "specs" that I would accept. Once I was comfortable I pulled out my phone, logged onto my Tesla account and paid my balance via ACH. By then it was about 4:15, so I went inside. They routed me over to the nice young lady handling the paperwork. She flipped open my folder, and had me sign about 4 documents. Then she went over the MVPA with me, and told me what I owed. I informed her that I had just paid it on my phone outside. She looked on her computer, and confirmed it.

Then she handed me off to the gentleman who was to give me my orientation. We spent about 10 minutes going over the ins and outs of the car. Then he snapped a couple of pics for me, and I was on my way.

This car is a thing of beauty. Tight, refined and powerful. I am fortunate that I have not experienced any technical/electronics issues so far. There were a couple of small fit and finish issues, such as a small driver side door alignment issue, and a small gap inconsistency that I will address with Tesla later. Otherwise, I couldn't be happier.

And I can't say enough about the great attitude and esprit de corps that is being exhibited by the Tesla employees at the Littleton center. Courteous, helpful, enthusiastic and downright friendly across the board.

upload_2018-9-26_21-35-33.jpeg

upload_2018-9-26_21-35-58.jpeg

I called the Littleton center today around 10:00, because I was concerned that I hadn't even heard from a delivery adviser, even though I had a VIN. The person I spoke with told me that my car had arrived, and was being unloaded from the truck as we spoke. Taking the lead of others, I offered to take my delivery early if it would relieve some of the pressure from Friday, when my delivery was scheduled. He told me they could get me in at 4:30, so I jumped on it.

Showed up about 45 minutes early, since I had to take a Lyft to get there from Arvada. I walked onto the lot, and walked up to a couple of red Model 3s to check the VIN. The second one I walked up to was mine. It was all shined up and ready to go. Someone walked up immediately and asked me if he could help me. I told him the car was mine, and he had me walk inside to check in. The greeter inside told me they wouldn't be able to set me up with the phone key until about 15 minutes before my appt. He welcomed me to go and take a look at my car, which I did. I walked around and made sure the car was within the "specs" that I would accept. Once I was comfortable I pulled out my phone, logged onto my Tesla account and paid my balance via ACH. By then it was about 4:15, so I went inside. They routed me over to the nice young lady handling the paperwork. She flipped open my folder, and had me sign about 4 documents. Then she went over the MVPA with me, and told me what I owed. I informed her that I had just paid it on my phone outside. She looked on her computer, and confirmed it.

Then she handed me off to the gentleman who was to give me my orientation. We spent about 10 minutes going over the ins and outs of the car. Then he snapped a couple of pics for me, and I was on my way.

This car is a thing of beauty. Tight, refined and powerful. I am fortunate that I have not experienced any technical/electronics issues so far. There were a couple of small fit and finish issues, such as a small driver side door alignment issue, and a small gap inconsistency that I will address with Tesla later. Otherwise, I couldn't be happier.

And I can't say enough about the great attitude and esprit de corps that is being exhibited by the Tesla employees at the Littleton center. Courteous, helpful, enthusiastic and downright friendly across the board.

View attachment 338463

View attachment 338464

Congrats! But how did you get through to Littleton?

@rdlink, congrats! I thought we might meet on Friday, but I am super happy for you and glad your car was in excellent condition! Pics are great. I see you already have your aeros off and put on your tesla center and lug nut caps.

I took delivery on my Model 3 today, and drove it home from Littleton to Arvada. Fortunately, my turn signals seem to be working perfectly. But for everyone who may be having an issue with the way their turn signal works I give you this primer on the way they appear to be designed to work:

If you need to change lanes give the stalk a slight push in the direction that you want to go. Your turn signal should flash three times, and then stop. If you want to signal a turn push a little harder, and the signal will continue to blink until you have completed your turn, then it will turn off. If you push hard enough to cause a persistent blink, and want to turn the turn signal off then just push again in the SAME direction that you originally pushed. This will turn the signal off.

Again, this is the way they are supposed to work. If yours is not working this way it may be defective.

Last edited:
@rdlink, congrats! I thought we might meet on Friday, but I am super happy for you and glad your car was in excellent condition! Pics are great. I see you already have your aeros off and put on your tesla center and lug nut caps.

Thanks. Yeah, the cap kit on the aero wheels are only temporary. I have aftermarket wheels to put not he car, but I am dropping my car off at the detailer on Saturday for PPF wrap and ceramic coat, including the wheels. The detailed is going to charge me $200 less if the new wheels aren’t on the car when he ceramic coats them. So I am leaving the aero wheels on for now. I just couldn’t look at those hubcaps until then though. :)

I think Friday will be a big party. I would have enjoyed it. But I couldn’t pass up the chance to get the delivery over with today.

Reactions: riverFox
No delivery today. A half hour before departing for Littleton I received my first contact from the Denver delivery team: a text to tell me that my car is not there and they don't know where it is. The loss is their's, however...my wife had made them a box of homemade goodies!

• Disagree
Reactions: AndyJB444
No delivery today. A half hour before departing for Littleton I received my first contact from the Denver delivery team: a text to tell me that my car is not there and they don't know where it is. The loss is their's, however...my wife had made them a box of homemade goodies!

Sorry, man. That sucks. Can I come help eat the goodies?

And on a side note, how the **** do they not know where the car is? They have GPS tracking on every vehicle. What a mess...

So out of curiosity how far along were you in the process? Like MVPA signed ? Loan/Cash paid? Or just a delivery date ?

Last edited:

I’m sorry to hear they did that, it’s really unprofessional and they are clearly overwhelmed. I live over an hour away and if they call me when I’m halfway there tomorrow I will not be happy.