Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Come on down! You're the next contestant on The Autopilot-Release-Date Is Right...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, since it's a Silver P85, I may as well have a go :)

Sunday September 20th 2015.

Things that could blur your decision...

#1) often, only one or two people get the update first. Are you talking about when the first recipient posts pictures of the UI?

#2) Tesla will likely precede this date with some media announcement - perhaps, a blog post or other announcement of the release of the update - despite no-one actually getting it on that date. Will you defer to #1 ?

IMO it will be deployed to one or more customer Model S in the field prior to any Model X customer deliveries.

Things that could blur your decision...

#1) often, only one or two people get the update first. Are you talking about when the first recipient posts pictures of the UI?

#2) Tesla will likely precede this date with some media announcement - perhaps, a blog post or other announcement of the release of the update - despite no-one actually getting it on that date. Will you defer to #1 ?

IMO it will be deployed to one or more customer Model S in the field prior to any Model X customer deliveries.

Basically looking for a "Firmware v7 tracking" thread type event. Essentially I'd like to see it confirmed by at least a few people here on this forum with photos and/or video and make the call from there. If Tesla says something like, "We started rolling out 7.0 to customers today/on XX/XX/XX/etc" and there is at least some good evidence that this is actually happening, here or elsewhere, I'll defer to Tesla's date.

But we'll see how it goes. I'm sure with such an anticipated update this shouldn't be too hard to nail down, but we'll see.

Edit: I wanted to just add that I have a feeling it's going to be easier than we think (ie not having to narrow it to a particular day to pick a winner...)

Last edited:
kudos to kuttakamina for being the most optimistic so far. If autopilot comes out this month (and no one decided to be more optimistic) he'll win :)

Edit: err...

As I was posting that....

Okay. 7/30/15.

so...

kudos to bollar for being the most optimistic so far. If autopilot comes out this month (and no one decided to be more optimistic) he'll win :)

I find it interesting as well as impressive (that he's taking the time to do it) and also sad (that he has to) that in addition to having started this contest, in addition to ponying up for the prizes for this contest, and in addition to maintaining a spreadsheet of people's entries in this contest, Jason has to actually babysit the entries to prevent people from having invalid entries!

I would hope the least we could do is take the time to enter properly. And Jason--for what it's worth, in my opinion you are going far above and beyond in helping people by pointing out their invalid entries.

I find it interesting as well as impressive (that he's taking the time to do it) and also sad (that he has to) that in addition to having started this contest, in addition to ponying up for the prizes for this contest, and in addition to maintaining a spreadsheet of people's entries in this contest, Jason has to actually babysit the entries to prevent people from having invalid entries!

I would hope the least we could do is take the time to enter properly. And Jason--for what it's worth, in my opinion you are going far above and beyond in helping people by pointing out their invalid entries.

+ 1