Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Come on down! You're the next contestant on The Autopilot-Release-Date Is Right...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you on this. But how do you reconcile your thoughts on this with the comments Musk had made in the past relating to when he expected to release the update to the beta testers?

Time changes things. Extremely unlikely there's really anything in the UI for the beta group to test and just the length of time that Tesla's been testing it (as well as Elon personally) leaves me thinking that there would be little to be gained from a two week beta test. Either there's a long-term user test, in which case there's going to be a lot of ticked off folks on TMC, or it'll just go for release when Elon/Tesla is happy with it. Elon tweeting means it's imminent enough combined with Khobi's comment about "a few weeks" likely means management is ready to answer questions at the ER. Finally, based on nothing but years of observing Tesla and my own experience in business, I think that Tesla/Elon will want the AP firmware out and operating to be this months news ahead of Model X next month,

Time changes things. Extremely unlikely there's really anything in the UI for the beta group to test and just the length of time that Tesla's been testing it (as well as Elon personally) leaves me thinking that there would be little to be gained from a two week beta test. Either there's a long-term user test, in which case there's going to be a lot of ticked off folks on TMC, or it'll just go for release when Elon/Tesla is happy with it. Elon tweeting means it's imminent enough combined with Khobi's comment about "a few weeks" likely means management is ready to answer questions at the ER. Finally, based on nothing but years of observing Tesla and my own experience in business, I think that Tesla/Elon will want the AP firmware out and operating to be this months news ahead of Model X next month,

That makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to explain.

October 30, 2016

Yikes. Talk about optimism. ;)

On that note, it is a sad day. We have our first official not-winner (impossible to get 3rd place or better), FreeOfPge, who optimistically chose July 26, 2015. I was cheering for you, too, but it was not meant to be. :(

However! In appreciation for being the most optimistic even in the face of Elon-time, I've gone ahead and sent FreeOfPge a small consolation prize, a $10 Amazon.com gift card code, via PM. So, even though you're the first officially out, you're the first to officially win something too. :)

I'm personally hoping there is a grand prize winner soon. :)

I'm personally hoping there is a grand prize winner soon. :)

Tomorrow is the day! Looking forward to trying out the auto steer on our next road trip starting on thursday and receiving the 1:18 Model S in the mail! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I'll upload some pictures of my new toy to all of you who guessed the wrong date. :wink:

Tomorrow is the day! Looking forward to trying out the auto steer on our next road trip starting on thursday and receiving the 1:18 Model S in the mail! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I'll upload some pictures of my new toy to all of you who guessed the wrong date. :wink:

It's not looking too good :(

They still have about 7 hours left of the day though. It could happen!

Come on down! You're the next contestant on The Autopilot-Release-Date Is Rig...

I just got a software update notification. Can't download it until after work... I doubt it's "the one" but I received a previous update about 3 weeks ago that was nothing perceivable so it would be strange to get yet another small one now... I have a P85D VIN 84xxx. Anyone else get a notification today?

I'll try to walk down to my car and see which version software I have now. Sorry for the vagueness; crazy morning before work!

I just got a software update notification. Can't download it until after work... I doubt it's "the one" but I received a previous update about 3 weeks ago that was nothing perceivable so it would be strange to get yet another small one now... I have a P85D VIN 84xxx. Anyone else get a notification today?

I'll try to walk down to my car and see which version software I have now. Sorry for the vagueness; crazy morning before work!

There have been lots of little updates lately
.249 (I think?)
etc.

I got the same notification this morning but im in the same boat as you. I'm at work and my car gets no cell signal here and i think it needs that to do a proper install... Hopes were up in the AM but sounds unlikely to impress.