Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Come on Elon - give us something. Anything...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hopeful for a good range estimate with the Model 3. I won't have access to nightly (or even daily) charging but still want to make this work. With the right amount of range, I can, even if it means taking a half hour out of my schedule once or twice a week to use a DC fast charger. Please, Elon, RWD is not an issue, but don't limit the battery pack too much.

Looking at the video of the Model 3 release candidate, you can see that the screen in still protruding like in the prototypes.

Also I can't see any sign of any dash display or HUD reflection in the window. Nose looks slightly different to me but hard to make out in the video.
I wonder if they simply disabled it to not give away upcoming changes to the S and X.

Looking at the video of the Model 3 release candidate, you can see that the screen in still protruding like in the prototypes.

Also I can't see any sign of any dash display or HUD reflection in the window. Nose looks slightly different to me but hard to make out in the video.

You're right - I paused the vid and went frame by frame, I didn't see anything on the dash either and saw the screen protruding out, but can't tell by how much. Also, what's that big computer they have in the passenger seat?

No dual motor option initially, VERY disappointing

The Model 3 is the "car for the masses". In order to get it out to the "masses" they need to keep the price as low as possible. The product timeline also requires getting it out "soon" since there is a LOT of capital tied up in both the Gigafactory and the Model 3 production line.

While I would agree that not having the dual motor option initially is disappointing (I would have ordered it), from a business standpoint it is completely understandable. Some small % of Model 3 reservations will be cancelled by those who must have dual motors. Tesla will still have a year long backlog of Model 3's to build so there will be no "loss of revenue" associated with only initially producing the single motor version. And as stated, the "D" will appear at some point just like with the Model S.

The stock price being up $6 today confirms the soundness of the business decision, FWIW.

RT

Reactions: WarpedOne
The stock price being up $6 today confirms the soundness of the business decision, FWIW.

RT
No it doesn't. Day to day movements are unrelated. Otherwise, executives could just make announcements daily till they found the right business decision. Imagine 365 long term plans in one year published till they went with whatever had the highest stock price.

Day to day movements are purely supply and demand, but often get amounted to being more or in response to a specific event far more often than it actually is. No one sits around and says, "okay because Elon said no dual motor at launch, the valuation goes up." Looking back at the early days of ford, did the specifics of these options matter to shareholders in the long run? Not really. (Maybe they represent something about the culture, but that doesn't change with a product release)

It's still the right decision to launch with a simpler production, but let's not make this into more than it is.