Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Complaints

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the OPs posting history, I can only agree with @M3noob summary. I don't think Tesla customer service model fits with his/hers more traditional car purchasing experience/expectations.
I had ordered a KIA EV6 as well as a Model Y.

I was told that my KIA EV6 didn’t exist until sometime in the Summer if I was lucky which I accepted - I then entered a black out as there was nothing to update me on. I ordered the model Y and was given a March delivery. Happy days! Discovered this forum and researched, it helped set expectations.

I think some people don’t realise that the supply chain issues are causing havoc, vehicles are being shipped from China and from what I understand Tesla don’t build cars to order. The best part is that it’s only £100 so what’s the risk?!

Reactions: GRiLLA
I had ordered a KIA EV6 as well as a Model Y.

I was told that my KIA EV6 didn’t exist until sometime in the Summer if I was lucky which I accepted - I then entered a black out as there was nothing to update me on. I ordered the model Y and was given a March delivery. Happy days! Discovered this forum and researched, it helped set expectations.

I think some people don’t realise that the supply chain issues are causing havoc, vehicles are being shipped from China and from what I understand Tesla don’t build cars to order. The best part is that it’s only £100 so what’s the risk?!
You know everyone likes to beat the popular kid in school!

Reactions: Undecided_2
I know. But when I see angry posts about something that is a well known issue I wonder how possibly there can be any enjoyment. We’re so excited as this is our first EV that not knowing where the car is but knowing we’re getting it just makes it fun.
I guess you are yet to read the threads about auto wipers and auto headlights that is enough to say goodbye to this forum and just drive and enjoy your car!

• Disagree
Reactions: DM206433
I guess you are yet to read the threads about auto wipers and auto headlights that is enough to say goodbye to this forum and just drive and enjoy your car!
I guess you're yet to read the threads about only some people having problems with wipers and headlights :)

Seriously, the most important thing to take out of this forum is that some cars have issues and others don't. They don't all have the same problems. Before I picked up my car I had a huge checklist of issues to look out for based on what I'd read here. Didn't have any of them. Wipers can be a pain in smirr but are much better than my last BMW. YMMV

Fair! I have read them and just don’t care much. I’ve been in the nice position of owning and leasing some very expensive cars. All had issues, phantom braking, crap auto wipers with a mind of their own, random auto lights and so on, we love Apple Car play, but don’t care it’s not an option - why people buy a Tesla and then whinge bitterly about that I just don’t get!

I bought the first BMW Mini Cooper J Cooper Works ~£30k ish at the time. It was plagued with serious and annoying issues but when that supercharger noise kicked in I forgave it every time.

For us it’s about making the change to an EV and my wife found the Tesla performance so much fun she told me to cancel the EV6, she said it doesn’t matter that it will have glitches. The nice chap at the SC told her it will be like driving a go kart. After the test drive she agreed but just a much faster experience and really quiet!

I suppose the excitement of making the change and already knowing it won’t be perfect will make it a joy to own and drive.

Fair! I have read them and just don’t care much. I’ve been in the nice position of owning and leasing some very expensive cars. All had issues, phantom braking, crap auto wipers with a mind of their own, random auto lights and so on, we love Apple Car play, but don’t care it’s not an option - why people buy a Tesla and then whinge bitterly about that I just don’t get!
Agree. Every piece of tech has problems. As someone else said on this forum, there's a tendency to vent on a forum if you're having issues, but the reality is there are a lot of people very happy with their cars. IIRC the OP was complaining about the car before he even bought it so not sure what's going on there.
I suppose the excitement of making the change and already knowing it won’t be perfect will make it a joy to own and drive.
I almost wet myself when I saw the panel gaps on mine. Much much better than the display model!

I guess you're yet to read the threads about only some people having problems with wipers and headlights :)

Seriously, the most important thing to take out of this forum is that some cars have issues and others don't. They don't all have the same problems. Before I picked up my car I had a huge checklist of issues to look out for based on what I'd read here. Didn't have any of them. Wipers can be a pain in smirr but are much better than my last BMW. YMMV

I guess you don’t have to read this forum to figure out, out of 1 million cars some cars will have issues.

Agree. Every piece of tech has problems. As someone else said on this forum, there's a tendency to vent on a forum if you're having issues, but the reality is there are a lot of people very happy with their cars. IIRC the OP was complaining about the car before he even bought it so not sure what's going on there.

I almost wet myself when I saw the panel gaps on mine. Much much better than the display model!
Build wise mine was really good, certainly nothing that I’d whinge about at the time. I have noticed the rubber seal (lhs of boot) is a bit crap, it could actually be manufactured to fit rather than a local butcher having a go at it after fitting. Other than that fit & finish is fine.
6DE2F6CE-EAF8-4503-A062-154E50AECBEE.jpeg

There are things about the car I really dislike TACC being the main one (I just don’t use it), there are others I am learning to live with, autowipers being a bit sporadic is one moving controls around via OTA is another. However in the whole I am mostly happy atm.
Would I buy another Tesla, it’s very doubtful tbh. I think once my lease runs it’s course there will be many other EV that surpass Tesla or meet my wants better. Having said that up until my last 3 cars I have never had the same make of car twice & the middle of those 3 was sold quite quickly as I realised SUV’s just weren’t my bag lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.