Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Complaints

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How have you ordered? Cash? Leasing/PCP?

If the latter, have you tried chasing the company you're leasing/PCP'ing from? (assuming not Tesla). Leasing puts you in the realm of having an intermediary who is the owner of the car, whom Tesla would communicate with and - you'd hope - they would pass on that info. That doesn't always happen.

It's very unlikely Tesla blocked your number to be honest.

• Helpful
Reactions: Casss
My landline has been blocked!!! My last call to them was about 3 weeks back. My last email to them (starting with sorry I know you are busy but can I know how I went from the front of the list to the back . . .) was 10 days ago. So I don't believe I have harassed them but now every number I call from my landline says "sorry we are busy right now, we will contact you when your Model 3 is ready for delivery" (Note: Model 3). When I call their numbers on my cell phone it is as normal "20 minute wait time have your RN ready".

I am furious!!!! I searched google for 'how to complain' and it came up with the number 01628 244000 and that is also blocked.

There's poor customer service and there is bad customer service but, for me, this is off the scale.

How do I complain?
You can just email the delivery gb email to complain and after 2 weeks they will get back to you with a sorry for the delay but during that time you will probably have had an update on the car.

Tesla is known for good cars but delivered on a budget in terms of customer service and logistics, their luxury delivery lunch consisted of some pastries from Lidl I believe!

It does get easier once you manage to get the car though!

I guess your complaints starting with the order stage will serve you in good stead on this forum as its completely full of dissatisfied whinging customers who criticise pretty much everything about Tesla, everything about Musk and every single update over the air and usually also add "Not what i expected with a 50K car"

Tesla do not attract the enthusiasts in the majority like real petrol head forums- but i do accept and acknowledge there are quite a few enthusiasts on the forum who have a balanced view of the cars and its foibles and accept the journey in this new electric age we are transitioning to, though those who are happy with their cars tend to be labelled as "fan Boys" who will accept anything just because its Tesla.
I know all forums have their share of criticisms of the vehicles characteristics or perhaps common issues and I accept the forums are the place to air these and many complaints are valid - however common themes here are to rubbish everything about the car which i feel is unfair - If people want a perfect car it doesn't seem wise to order a car from a technology company rather than an established vehicle manufacturer with 50 plus years of production where many issues, tips or tricks are well known and addressed.

Tesla are pushing the boundaries of what is possible with BEVs, they have large teams working on AI, battery development, Efficiencies in motor production - they tend to continue development in all areas even those well in advance of other BEV manufacturers - they don't seem to ever accept there is a limit to development or perhaps a more reliable solution available using older technology - for instance the Wipers - they continue to develop their bespoke system to get the wipers to behave better rather than accept and fit a 50p sensor from Ford which would fix the reliability and please many owners.

I've had many Porsche in the past and most of them cost a fair bit more than my M3P, they are renowned for reliability, speed, luxury and build quality and have donkeys years of experience building cars - yet they are riddled with poor quality parts that fail regularly - for instance - The Boxster. Eats Maf sensors, drain holes block and water ingress to the car which leads to soggy carpets and Porsche fit a control module under the passenger seat which gets wet and fries itself. The intermediate shaft bearings failing which takes out the engine completely, Light switch failures and wheel bearings made of Bon Bons - So price alone means very little.

My car isn't perfect, but I never expected it to be - I purchased with my eyes open and with realistic expectations and I don't consider the price exorbitant - not cheap, but real value for money.

I sincerely hope you fully enjoy your new car and the experience of owning what i consider to be the best EV in production today, every drive is an absolute pleasure and if it rains and your wipers don't sweep - just press the left stalk button - its not exactly an arduous task is it? and if you order FSD or EA don't expect you can read the newspaper after plotting the route - sit in the back seat and let the car do the driving -its all only an assist system

I guess your complaints starting with the order stage will serve you in good stead on this forum as its completely full of dissatisfied whinging customers who criticise pretty much everything about Tesla, everything about Musk and every single update over the air and usually also add "Not what i expected with a 50K car"

Tesla do not attract the enthusiasts in the majority like real petrol head forums- but i do accept and acknowledge there are quite a few enthusiasts on the forum who have a balanced view of the cars and its foibles and accept the journey in this new electric age we are transitioning to, though those who are happy with their cars tend to be labelled as "fan Boys" who will accept anything just because its Tesla.
I know all forums have their share of criticisms of the vehicles characteristics or perhaps common issues and I accept the forums are the place to air these and many complaints are valid - however common themes here are to rubbish everything about the car which i feel is unfair - If people want a perfect car it doesn't seem wise to order a car from a technology company rather than an established vehicle manufacturer with 50 plus years of production where many issues, tips or tricks are well known and addressed.

Tesla are pushing the boundaries of what is possible with BEVs, they have large teams working on AI, battery development, Efficiencies in motor production - they tend to continue development in all areas even those well in advance of other BEV manufacturers - they don't seem to ever accept there is a limit to development or perhaps a more reliable solution available using older technology - for instance the Wipers - they continue to develop their bespoke system to get the wipers to behave better rather than accept and fit a 50p sensor from Ford which would fix the reliability and please many owners.

I've had many Porsche in the past and most of them cost a fair bit more than my M3P, they are renowned for reliability, speed, luxury and build quality and have donkeys years of experience building cars - yet they are riddled with poor quality parts that fail regularly - for instance - The Boxster. Eats Maf sensors, drain holes block and water ingress to the car which leads to soggy carpets and Porsche fit a control module under the passenger seat which gets wet and fries itself. The intermediate shaft bearings failing which takes out the engine completely, Light switch failures and wheel bearings made of Bon Bons - So price alone means very little.

My car isn't perfect, but I never expected it to be - I purchased with my eyes open and with realistic expectations and I don't consider the price exorbitant - not cheap, but real value for money.

I sincerely hope you fully enjoy your new car and the experience of owning what i consider to be the best EV in production today, every drive is an absolute pleasure and if it rains and your wipers don't sweep - just press the left stalk button - its not exactly an arduous task is it? and if you order FSD or EA don't expect you can read the newspaper after plotting the route - sit in the back seat and let the car do the driving -its all only an assist system

I mean - all forums are usually disproportionately full of complaints becuase its not usually interesting to post 'my product X is still fine' threads.

Amazing and well balanced view on this forum that I rarely read here! I just don’t understand why this forum has got so many of whinging customers. I do read other forums where they complain but this forum is another level.

Anyhow we are ‘fanboys’ according to them!

not this thread specifically - their dealers are no better or worse than others - just different. But there are several areas of pretty basic, fundamental features that Tesla just doesn't do well and seems resistant to address. It doesn't make you a hater because you're pissed that the wipers still aren't better when they've been a solved problem for some time on almost all other cars. And being a tech company pushing AI or ML or whatever doesn't excuse that if it still isn't working nearly 10 years after their first cars. Stick a 50c Bosch IR sensor behind the damn windscreen and be done with it

You want to be treated as a valued customer.

They can't make enough cars to meet demand, so the truth is you are not.

If that bothers you, buy an Audi.

The process is the same for the last 3 years. Install the alert plugin on Chrome and after it pings, it'll arrive 6-8 weeks after that. The CS crew know nothing until one is allocated, you are wasting your time and your hearts beats calling.

Or you could cancel and somone else gets your car in 2 months.

You want to be treated as a valued customer.

They can't make enough cars to meet demand, so the truth is you are not.

If that bothers you, buy an Audi.

The process is the same for the last 3 years. Install the alert plugin on Chrome and after it pings, it'll arrive 6-8 weeks after that. The CS crew know nothing until one is allocated, you are wasting your time and your hearts beats calling.

Or you could cancel and somone else gets your car in 2 months.

If you look past the curtain (the literal curtain sometimes when you go pick up your nice new car), all dealers don't give a crap other than you helping them hit their targets. Audi/BMW etc put on a nice act to pretend to care, but its pretty transparent once you sign on the dotted line and they go radio silent for 6 months while you're frantically hitting F5 on a boat tracker (yes everyone does it not just Tesla nutters). And when you go to collect and they've put some flowers in the boot for the wife, and a sheet over the car, its lovely. But your price for that is an hour listening to a timeshare salesman trying to push insurance and products you don't want over and over until you want to smash his head in with a torque wrench.

I *wish* tesla had a slightly more transparent allocation process - so many people waiting in a similar time frame and hearing separate anecdotes maybe makes it sound worse than it is, but it honestly often sounds like they can't tell their arse from their elbow. But I appreciate their more hands off methods for sales and collection. Swings and roundabouts I guess

If you look past the curtain (the literal curtain sometimes when you go pick up your nice new car), all dealers don't give a crap other than you helping them hit their targets. Audi/BMW etc put on a nice act to pretend to care, but its pretty transparent once you sign on the dotted line and they go radio silent for 6 months while you're frantically hitting F5 on a boat tracker (yes everyone does it not just Tesla nutters). And when you go to collect and they've put some flowers in the boot for the wife, and a sheet over the car, its lovely. But your price for that is an hour listening to a timeshare salesman trying to push insurance and products you don't want over and over until you want to smash his head in with a torque wrench.

I *wish* tesla had a slightly more transparent allocation process - so many people waiting in a similar time frame and hearing separate anecdotes maybe makes it sound worse than it is, but it honestly often sounds like they can't tell their arse from their elbow. But I appreciate their more hands off methods for sales and collection. Swings and roundabouts I guess
Don't disagree with any of that.

I guess it's a fair complaint, however, that there is a middle ground to be found between the performative "thanks for giving us a load of money for a car, here's some flowers for the wife" and Tesla giving you a key card in a rainy car park and essentially saying "there's your car, off you go".

I had my car delivered to me under cover during lockdown, and I am tech savvy enough to know what I'm doing, and I find the whole "pulling a silk sheet off the car" thing cringeworthy, but I would like to think there is some level of personal touch (COVID notwithstanding) when people collect cars now, but it doesn't really sound like there is.

Reactions: Mrklaw
I eventually got through to someone in America who told me that he can't tell me anything more than he can see and the only thing he can see is that a car has not yet been assigned to me and there's nothing on the system to indicate when it will be assigned and the only way I can progress this (complain) is via the [email protected]. If I had know in October what I know now about this company I would NOT have ordered a Tesla.
There’s nothing stopping you from cancelling.

Reactions: init6
Don't disagree with any of that.

I.......................................... but I would like to think there is some level of personal touch (COVID notwithstanding) when people collect cars now, but it doesn't really sound like there is.
As I collected my bright, shiney M3 Dual motor from the Tesla Bristol place it seemed as if they had arranged for a nice seagull to s**t all over it.
They did offer me a bucket of water.....
That was it!

Tesla experience is different. But there are upsides. No moronic back and forth driving the price down. Haggling over part ex. Time spent in the showroom. This also helps resale. It’s great. Don’t miss salesman patter for sure.

If you’ve an issue. Tesla sort it. I’ve not had problems with this.

Repeatedly asking for an update on delivery is pointless. You are given an estimate at the point of order. It’s usually accurate. What more do you need to know. Chill. Updates will come as you get closer.

As I collected my bright, shiney M3 Dual motor from the Tesla Bristol place it seemed as if they had arranged for a nice seagull to s**t all over it.
They did offer me a bucket of water.....
That was it!
You had fresh bird crap?? Luxurious!

I just had bird crap residue etched into the paint from it being sat in the docks on my delivered car. I was going to get it detailed anyway, but still a bit crap (pun intended)

• Funny
Reactions: Campi
Status
Not open for further replies.