Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comprehensive USB Bug List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sorry for the sadness, but it is a GREAT picture to go along with the story. You know, it would make a great Tweet for a certain CEO and his followers to understand how not attending to "the little things" upsets not only many owners, but future Tesla owners as well. ;)

But the truly sad thing is that I did email ownership about this problem back in January with the attached photo. I received immediate concern that the favorites could be lost (they seemed to think it was at random and therefore a new bug). I've received two follow-up emails and a phone call related to the "issue". Whenever I mention the real big ones though (shuffle, random restarts, etc.), I get the canned "Thank You for your feedback....." email and that's it.

But the truly sad thing is that I did email ownership about this problem back in January with the attached photo. I received immediate concern that the favorites could be lost (they seemed to think it was at random and therefore a new bug). I've received two follow-up emails and a phone call related to the "issue". Whenever I mention the real big ones though (shuffle, random restarts, etc.), I get the canned "Thank You for your feedback....." email and that's it.
Sigh. (There is no good emoji for that!)

People can dance around it but he did lie and he did miss the deadline. Most of the stuff he promised was supposed to be in 8.0 last October then he promised it for last December as "8.1". So here we are in April of the following year with a new view of "favorites" in the media player and a dumb drawing pad. This is beyond his propensity to exaggerate and over promise...this is not telling the truth.

“...this is not telling the truth.”

Hardly surprising given our zeitgeist. What’s acceptable behaviour from The Donald is now acceptable behaviour from Elon Musk - and everybody else.

Reactions: neroden
How about we send pictures of ourselves crying....
Well, I was sorta serious about use of Twitter if that is something you do. (I don't.) Emails are polite, but from my 18-months of owner experience, achieves nothing except give me momentary satisfaction that I tried to provide input. Appropriate tweets to Elon's feed may garner others that chime in, or if Elon is watching, get his attention just long enough back onto Tesla's business and Owner's concerns, vs AI, SpaceX, tunnels, SolarCity, playing around in D.C, and all the other things he's involved with. ;)

Other than the breakup issue, my biggest gripe is my S seems to love playing 10 or so songs. To make the situation worse, my wife really doesn't care for two of them.

My S is 2 years old, and played a song last week for the first time, one that I must have put on the thumb drive by mistake. If I haven't been driving alone, I would have had my wife figure out if the player interface would let you delete.

Tesla must have engineers that love music, which makes me think their player is a very low priority.

Yes, that's a new one on me. What firmware release were you on? I assume the music was housed on a USB device. Any other particulars you'd like to share (music encoding type, did the problem resolve itself or what did you do to break it loose, etc.)?

USB, MP3 VBR V0, embedded 600x600 JPG artwork.

It happened when I turned the car on in the morning. I always keep 38,000+ tracks on shuffle play on a 1TB USB SSD.

In addition to alternating between, two tracks, the player also downloaded random artwork instead of using the embedded artwork.

After this continued for a while and it became obvious that the skip buttons weren't going to navigate out of it, I brought up the USB music menu, selected songs, and picked an arbitrary song. At that point, everything went back to normal.

Weird.

I'm starting a passive protest with my loaners from now on....
IMG_20170504_165938_01.jpg

Ouch, shots fired. Is it really that bad where your are?

Yeah, unfortunately!

Out of five service visits (in 2 years), I've gotten Tesla loaners twice (both very nice, loaded SP85's). The other loaners were a Lexus sedan (OK), a Cadillac SUV (ugh!), and a Mercedes sedan (OK). (Don't feel like going into the details.) I guess one nice thing about the non-Tesla loaners is that they made me appreciate getting my car back!

Anyway I keep meaning to write a note to Tesla about the media player and put it on the sketchpad thingy.

Bruce.

Yeah, unfortunately!

Out of five service visits (in 2 years), I've gotten Tesla loaners twice (both very nice, loaded SP85's). The other loaners were a Lexus sedan (OK), a Cadillac SUV (ugh!), and a Mercedes sedan (OK). (Don't feel like going into the details.) I guess one nice thing about the non-Tesla loaners is that they made me appreciate getting my car back!

Anyway I keep meaning to write a note to Tesla about the media player and put it on the sketchpad thingy.

Bruce.

At least they gave you upscale loaners. I've been in for service three times and got Model Ss twice, but the last time I got a Nissan that was quite possibly the least comfortable rental car I've ever driven and I once rented cars from Rent-A-Wreck. One of those had a bent axle.

Ouch, shots fired. Is it really that bad where your are?
...as an adjunct to Bruce's reply even though we're off subject, I too have never had a Tesla loaner in nearly 2 years and at least 5 visits to my SvC. ...but I did once have a BMW loaner for a little over 3 weeks while my SvC was using National. Last one was an Infinity, now that Hertz seems to be their loaner-company-of-choice.

Sorry for the diversion. Now back to the USB subject at hand! ;)

Reactions: avesraggiana