Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Compressor much louder after v7 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Curious if anyone else has experienced this. My compressor has always been loud, plan on having them take a look when I bring it in for its first service, but if it was being annoying I used to be able to quiet it by turning climate off and on. No longer. Now it's very loud and doesn't turn off even with climate off. It was 80ish degrees today, so not outrageously hot. 11.5k miles on a 2014 S60. Planning on taking it in sooner rather than later now.

The compressor should make less noise now with v7, but it really depends if the battery is hot or supercharging makes it kick on to high.

Do you have the sound dampening service bulletin applied? I have a 2013 S60 and the noise is reduced with the dampening and also with v7, but it is not that hot in Seattle these days.

Hi all,

Curious if anyone else has experienced this. My compressor has always been loud, plan on having them take a look when I bring it in for its first service, but if it was being annoying I used to be able to quiet it by turning climate off and on. No longer. Now it's very loud and doesn't turn off even with climate off. It was 80ish degrees today, so not outrageously hot. 11.5k miles on a 2014 S60. Planning on taking it in sooner rather than later now.

Remember that the AC can run to cool the battery even when you have turned AC off in the cabin. In this case, you would still hear the compressor running.

Understood the battery may need cooling as well, but didn't seem like a situation where it would be that hot. Wasn't being supercharged, not a super hot day, had not been driving for very long or very fast. Anyway, dropped a note to the service center to schedule an appt, will report back what they say.

Understood the battery may need cooling as well, but didn't seem like a situation where it would be that hot. Wasn't being supercharged, not a super hot day, had not been driving for very long or very fast. Anyway, dropped a note to the service center to schedule an appt, will report back what they say.

I've noticed the compressor ramping up much faster and stronger in v7, Tesla has improved how quickly the car cools down to the set temp. I had the sound insulating blanket installed about a year or so ago, so the noise is much reduced in my car and no vibrations.

Without driving my car / without it being overly hot or cold, I noticed that my compressor is significantly louder after v7 too. After just turning on the AC in the garage on my P85, it sounds like a jet engine at fan level 1...

could it be the SAS compressor? I have noticed that since V7 my air suspension compressor has been running much more then it used to and I hear the system bleeding excess pressure (like when you open a pressure valve) a few times a day. Prior to V7 the only time I heard the SAS was when the vehicle first turned on and then only for about 15 seconds.