Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirm Performance Stealth (non-PUP) $5,000 refund

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a surprisingly positive experience with this. I submitted a request for a refund and got an email reply asking for confirmation and my address. Received my 5K check within 2 weeks of the request before the end of the year.

Reading through everyone else's experiences I was quite shocked at how quickly and easily I got this.

Hope it works out well for everyone else who requested it as well.

If they read our posts, they might have forgone the $5k check and gave us a modest 0-60s improvement... or maybe it’s just maxed out already.

Either way, kudos to Tesla. I love this car so much.

I don't think it's maxed out. The thing is, the more they uncork, the more warranty costs it will be so at some point, it's worth more to give you the cash rather than take a hit on the repair.

I wish they would let me write a check to make my standard dual motor a stealth P... I passed on it because I viewed the 5k as the cost of free supercharging and didn't think that was a good value since I charge primarily at home. You guys getting a check for 5k should consider that a gift..

If I remember right, the stealth P cost $13000 more. If they are giving $5000 refunds to the P buyers, It would be equal to offer the AWD buyers the opportunity to upgrade to stealth P for $8,000. At the end of the day though, we bought what we bought.
Mine was $11k when I ordered. But pricing has changed so much I think it was a crap shot how much people paid.

Reactions: Msjulie