Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirm PUP $5000 refund thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I share your sympathies that tesla was denying entitlement
to sales tax on PUP $5, but some one or some agency
enlightened them as to their liability!

I couldn't understand one refund, FSD refund being sale
tax inclusive, yet the next refund of PUP being viewed as
exclusive of sales tax?

welcome to the confusing world of tesla!

I saw it this way - FSD refund was for goods not received, and therefore taxes should have been refunded. Whereas the $5k refund was more of a good faith gesture because of the immense amount of complaining that occurred after the price drop. Either way, I got my $5387.50 refunded and am happy to have that money in the bank.

Is it too late to get the 5K refund? Tesla did right to offer it, so I wanted to do right by them and decline it -- you know support the mission and success of the company and all. But with this latest fiasco they have shown me that they have no problem screwing over their earliest supporters. Tell me FSD is only going to be more expensive but then give it to people for LESS than I paid? When you haven't actually delivered anything yet? With not so much as an apology? Well, being taken advantage of like that is making me re-think claiming the 5K rebate. Funny, if they would have offered me a rebate on the FSD I probably would have declined that too.

I saw it this way - FSD refund was for goods not received, and therefore taxes should have been refunded. Whereas the $5k refund was more of a good faith gesture because of the immense amount of complaining that occurred after the price drop. Either way, I got my $5387.50 refunded and am happy to have that money in the bank.

CA sees it by name - REFUND

if a merchant charges you sales tax
for anything, be it repricing of options,
or extra cheese on your burger, the term
REFUND drives the necessity to include
sales taxes collected on the amount.

proving it is daunting, given it's mostly
the honor system that drives a merchant
to comply.

Reactions: kbecks13
Is it too late to get the 5K refund? Tesla did right to offer it, so I wanted to do right by them and decline it -- you know support the mission and success of the company and all. But with this latest fiasco they have shown me that they have no problem screwing over their earliest supporters. Tell me FSD is only going to be more expensive but then give it to people for LESS than I paid? When you haven't actually delivered anything yet? With not so much as an apology? Well, being taken advantage of like that is making me re-think claiming the 5K rebate. Funny, if they would have offered me a rebate on the FSD I probably would have declined that too.

given that details were sketchy, I’d start the process ASAP!
once the damn broke & they started paying the refunds,
all’s necessary was to get someone in fremont’s attention?

Why would you decline money?

Hi Guys, do you know if I could qualify for a FSD refund or a super charging credit?
I order my Model X 100D on 10/10/18 and got deliver on end of November. I pay $8,000.00 up front for EAP and FSD and during that time there was no more Free life time super charging.
Since then my X has gone down over $10,000.00 in price cut. I’m fine with that, but I just wish they could give me Free life time super charging. Any one know how to get it, please let me know.

I received my check yesterday for what appears to be the taxes from the $5k refund that I received back in December. Never requested that taxes from the original check request. Like others have stated, there was no indication what is was for. Just a check from Tesla which made my dad yesterday as it was completely unexpected.

Already got my 5K a while ago. USPS informed delivery today, shows something from Tesla is coming. Tax (8.625%) refund would be a nice surprise! Will cover some of the costs for the Cr spotless system I bought lol.

Already got my 5K a while ago. USPS informed delivery today, shows something from Tesla is coming. Tax (8.625%) refund would be a nice surprise! Will cover some of the costs for the Cr spotless system I bought lol.
Same, USPS Informed Delivery says I have a letter from Tesla coming today. I bet it's the tax refund. Looks like they are doing it for everyone, not just CA folks.

I received $387.5 in the mail yesterday. Was very happy.

Went to a friend's house for a drink, and when I came out model had been towed. Towing fee.. $382.5...

On the plus side, I learned that flatbed towing is not good for AWDs! They have to drag it up to the flatbed. Apparently you want a regular truck with Dolly's.

• Funny
Reactions: tomas