Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirmation on 275/35R21 on front.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!! I had a couple of recommendations to square up my new MYP by buying 275 Uberturbines to put 275/35R21s on the front to match the back wheels/tires. Does anyone have any thoughts about this being a bad idea for any reason? I’m not a physicist so I am not sure what, if any, implications there are with handling or anything else. All comments greatly appreciated!! Thanks folks!!

VelkySyr

I know lots of people have gone 265 on the front but I've not seen anyone with 275s. Will they even fit?

Canefan, that is indeed an excellent question. Thank you!! My hope was to stick with the Tesla Überturbines, even if they are more expensive than aftermarket rims. My goal is to have 1 set of decent all season tires and not have to switch rims to have tires suitable for Colorado winters.

Reactions: WG21
I’m interested in this as well — @Googone20 Do you know if these people who have installed 275s on the front did so on the OEM 9.5” front wheels? This would be my preference as I’d like to get away from the s t r e t c h e d look of having a 275 on a 10.5” wheel. Thanks!
275's would fit on the 9.5" wheel nicely. I would personally prefer that instead of putting a square set of the 10.5's on.

Reactions: MikeR99
Do we have any confirmation, that 275/35 R21 fit on front axle of the MYP without rubbing? Not on the 9,5 inch wheel, it is clear that they fit.
yes. I tried it. Plan to run square later.

PIc of 275/35/21 on 10.5 up front. No rubbing for me during trial. Scroll to bottom of this thread:

Hi! Long time listener, first time poster. I am scheduled to take delivery of my first MYP in February. The newer deliveries are coming with 275/35 on the back, and 255/35 on the front. I'm curious about swapping those 275s to the front wheels and putting 295s on the wider back wheels. That way they aren't stretched, have good overlap, and I'd only be replacing the 2 tores instead of all 4. Anyone see any problems with that?

Hi! Long time listener, first time poster. I am scheduled to take delivery of my first MYP in February. The newer deliveries are coming with 275/35 on the back, and 255/35 on the front. I'm curious about swapping those 275s to the front wheels and putting 295s on the wider back wheels. That way they aren't stretched, have good overlap, and I'd only be replacing the 2 tores instead of all 4. Anyone see any problems with that?
Yea, you can do that.

I think a lot of ppl don't go this route is to move to a better or more applicable tire for their geographic area. Also, I'd rather switch to Pilots than stay locked into Zeros. But seeing as your in AZ, staying on max summer Zeros will be great.

Yea, you can do that.

I think a lot of ppl don't go this route is to move to a better or more applicable tire for their geographic area. Also, I'd rather switch to Pilots than stay locked into Zeros. But seeing as your in AZ, staying on max summer Zeros will be great.
Thanks for the helpful reply! I've also seen people saying they are receiving Michelin all-weather pilot sport 4s on new deliveries now.

I can also confirm 275/35/21 fit perfectly on front without any rubbing issues on full lock steering. I couldn’t find winter 255’s at a reasonable price so I went with 275 all around. I’ll be doing 275’s Michelin pilot A/S all around next!

Can anyone confirm if this works? My new MYP came with Michelin Pilot A/S… but I was planning to swap the rear tire to the front 275/35r21 and replace the rear with 295/35r21. Would the front clear? Seems to be a lot of talk about this, but no actual picture/confirmation

Much appreciated!

Can anyone confirm if this works? My new MYP came with Michelin Pilot A/S… but I was planning to swap the rear tire to the front 275/35r21 and replace the rear with 295/35r21. Would the front clear? Seems to be a lot of talk about this, but no actual picture/confirmation

Much appreciated!

Here's a link to 275/35's up front on Uberturbines. Plenty more discussion in that thread regarding other sizes people are using as well.

@Tommy L Garage

A26352AB-9401-4C89-BEC9-44E5B2ACD245.jpeg
1D0227BA-AD46-4493-80A4-ECA28A7E7AD4.jpeg

Here's a link to 265/40's up front on Uberturbines.

@SweetLou126

40.jpeg

Last edited: