Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirmed! Dual and Tri-Motor for 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it looks like the DM will weight 8-9k lbs and the TM will weight 9-10k lbs.

IMG_1041.jpeg

That's GVWR which includes passengers and cargo - not curb weight.

As one point of reference, a Honda Ridgeline has a GVWR of ~6,000 lbs. and a curb weight of ~4,500 lbs.
Could I get some clarification?
Is the GVWR supposed to be a max rating, kinda like the letter rating of tires?
So in your example, a Ridgeline would have a rating of G?
Because a Ridgeline cargo bed is not big. How would you even put 1 ton in it? What would it be, lead weights?

Because a Ridgeline cargo bed is not big. How would you even put 1 ton in it? What would it be, lead weights?
Tongue weight from a trailer also counts against payload since the truck itself (and not the trailer) is supporting it. Payload also includes everything in the cab (people, luggage, etc).

Reactions: ChooseFreedom
The area of the Ridgeline's bed is greater than that of any other mid-size truck with a short bed except for the Ranger, which is slightly larger.

The volume of the Ridgeline's bed not including the volume of the in-bed trunk is greater than that of Tacoma, Gladiator, Maverick, and Santa Cruz. When you include the volume of the in-bed trunk, the Ridgline's cargo volume in the bed is also greater than that of the Frontier, Colorado, Ranger, and long-bed Tacoma.

The Ridgeline's bed is rated to carry 1,100 lbs. It's not difficult to reach that with concrete, gravel, paving stones, soil, or even wet mulch.

1698158444291.png

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200