Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connected Solutions Real-World Experiences (MA - National Grid / EverSource)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone

I was hoping that folks in Massachusetts could share their real-world experiences with Connected Solutions so far this year.

Asking because my mom lives in SE MA and has EverSource - her experience so far this year has been a bit disappointing. She's had overwhelming 3-hr events (18/20) with EverSource calling events almost every weekday for the last 3 weeks even when it was cool weather and/or cloudy out. This has resulted in only a 6.6 average kW discharge for the season which is a good deal lower than the relatively conservative estimates I'd made. Perhaps my estimates were too optimistic but also perhaps it has something to do with my estimates being based on National Grid events, as opposed to EverSource. Of course, they were also based on last summer so there's that possibility too.

So... could anyone share how their events are so far this year? I live in Bellingham and have National Grid - anyone out this way? I ask predominantly because I was counting on CS as a major offset to the cost of the PWs and this is weakening that offset.

Many thanks in advance!

I have a question on payments for solar output to the grid: when do you receive your connected solutions payments? I received one in January 2022 for the period from September to December 2021 (PTO received September), and nothing since. I just started to receive smart payments (NG revised my bills) from September to April of this year, but I understand that is a different program than connected solutions. I have a 10 kW system with three powerwalls. Thanks for any information!

Upvote 0
So strange... a short time ago, I got an alert for Storm Watch... then my PWs started charging and then while still in SW, they began discharging for a CS event... and now the SW event is gone, yet there's still lots of rain and thunder... gotta love it

We had the exact same thing on Friday, except they half an hour before they began discharging for the CS event we had a 5 minute outage!

Upvote 0
I have a question on payments for solar output to the grid: when do you receive your connected solutions payments? I received one in January 2022 for the period from September to December 2021 (PTO received September), and nothing since. I just started to receive smart payments (NG revised my bills) from September to April of this year, but I understand that is a different program than connected solutions. I have a 10 kW system with three powerwalls. Thanks for any information!
You will get your Connected Solutions payment from Tesla (as a National Grid customer) in or around January of each year for the prior year’s events in summer. There used to be a winter period of events with payment around the June timeframe but they did away with that two years ago.
The SMART payments directly from National Grid will come monthly, but separate from your bill. I suggest signing up for electronic deposit of these.

Upvote 0
Does anyone have a list of all of the events and their durations for Eversource (MA, East)? My installer screwed up and never sent in the Connected Solutions paperwork, so I was only able to join towards the end of August. Trying to figure out how much their screw-up cost me. I reached out to the Conncted Solutions email @Tesla, but not sure I expect to hear anything back... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Does anyone have a list of all of the events and their durations for Eversource (MA, East)? My installer screwed up and never sent in the Connected Solutions paperwork, so I was only able to join towards the end of August. Trying to figure out how much their screw-up cost me. I reached out to the Conncted Solutions email @Tesla, but not sure I expect to hear anything back... Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Have the list for the 2022 full summer, however, not 100% sure of its accuracy. I believe its close. At least for me, did not get any notification of events from Eversource (MA). Pretty easy to identify an event but the duration was sometimes an educated guess. Hoping they provide the event level detail with the compensation but as long as it's close wont be too concerned...

Reactions: Zinc_Saucier
Upvote 0
Have the list for the 2022 full summer, however, not 100% sure of its accuracy. I believe its close. At least for me, did not get any notification of events from Eversource (MA). Pretty easy to identify an event but the duration was sometimes an educated guess. Hoping they provide the event level detail with the compensation but as long as it's close wont be too concerned...
Thanks, just sent you a PM if you can email it.

Upvote 0
So just got an email from Tesla asking me to confirm my address and account info as they are getting ready to send out the Connected Solutions payments. Normal so far, and glad they are being pro-active, but…

The email is sent to my email address but the body starts “David,”… my name is not David. Or even begin with “d”. So I hope their mail-merge incompetence is not any indication on how this payment is going to be sent out this year…

Reactions: appleguru and jlv1
Upvote 0
So just got an email from Tesla asking me to confirm my address and account info as they are getting ready to send out the Connected Solutions payments. Normal so far, and glad they are being pro-active, but…

The email is sent to my email address but the body starts “David,”… my name is not David. Or even begin with “d”. So I hope their mail-merge incompetence is not any indication on how this payment is going to be sent out this year…
Lmfao I got the same email and they called me Russell. I almost thought it was phishing scam but the address seems legit.

Reactions: jlv1
Upvote 0
"It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Twitter"

Untitled2023-1.png

Reactions: qnzkrew
Upvote 0
So we are again here with no check even though they mention that the payment is expected before year end. Last year this is the time we started making noise on Twitter before we were promptly contacted by people saying our checks are on their way. This year they at least sent out emails ahead of time saying they were working on it but still no checks.

Upvote 0