Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connected Solutions Real-World Experiences (MA - National Grid / EverSource)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone

I was hoping that folks in Massachusetts could share their real-world experiences with Connected Solutions so far this year.

Asking because my mom lives in SE MA and has EverSource - her experience so far this year has been a bit disappointing. She's had overwhelming 3-hr events (18/20) with EverSource calling events almost every weekday for the last 3 weeks even when it was cool weather and/or cloudy out. This has resulted in only a 6.6 average kW discharge for the season which is a good deal lower than the relatively conservative estimates I'd made. Perhaps my estimates were too optimistic but also perhaps it has something to do with my estimates being based on National Grid events, as opposed to EverSource. Of course, they were also based on last summer so there's that possibility too.

So... could anyone share how their events are so far this year? I live in Bellingham and have National Grid - anyone out this way? I ask predominantly because I was counting on CS as a major offset to the cost of the PWs and this is weakening that offset.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi everyone I have a powerwall 3 that need to get the VPP in my app. I think my Project Advisor have apply for the ConnectedSolution for me but I didn’t get confirmation on the day of PTO and now I can’t reach her directly. I got PTO on January 23 still don’t see the VPP in my app.

•Do anyone know how long does it take form PTO to have the VPP in the Tesla App?

•and what the best way to contact Tesla about the ConnectedSolution application status?

Upvote 0
IMG_0273.jpeg
IMG_0274.jpeg

Anyone else see the updated “compensation” process described on the Tesla Connected Solutions site?
https://www.tesla.com/support/energy/virtual-power-plant/connectedsolutions

Seems like they are moving to requesting payment through the app. I don’t see anything like they describe in my app. Anyone else see anything in the app or get payment for 2023 yet?

Upvote 0
View attachment 1020566View attachment 1020565

Anyone else see the updated “compensation” process described on the Tesla Connected Solutions site?

Seems like they are moving to requesting payment through the app. I don’t see anything like they describe in my app. Anyone else see anything in the app or get payment for 2023 yet?
I don't. I put in a ticket, but I'm not optimistic that will do anything.

Perhaps if a bunch of us put in tickets it might get things moving. Given the current cash flow issues, I wonder.

All the best,

Peter

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I submitted a Tesla Energy ticket through the app a few day ago just asking the question “is [email protected] still the support contact address for the Connected Solutions VPP program?”

One data point and maybe treat it with a grain of salt… Got a call today from a very helpful Tesla Energy Support person who confirmed that email is still valid and the VPP’s only support contact option. She did not even have a phone number herself to contact them but she does email them and get replies. The support person was able to see in their CRM my emails in previous years to [email protected], but neither of the two email I sent on 1/31/24 or 2/14/24. So it’s like the emails are not being ingested or acted upon (ignored?). I’m sure we can think of many theories why… but at least according to one internal Tesla source, this email is still THE way to contact whomever is running this VPP. And someone is not doing their job to answer customers.

Reactions: Will792
Upvote 0
I think we have the very helpful Tesla Energy Support to thank for another update. She said she was going to go to her manager for more answers after she hung up the call with me, detailed in the previous post.

And now two short hours later I got an email from ‘[email protected]’. I’ll post the text below. Seems like a bit of a form letter/template/cut-and-paste response since it mentions February 20th like that date hasn’t already passed. But short news is that payments are on the way and we need to provide ACH payment details in the Tesla app…

Hi there! I apologize for the delay. I want to confirm that you have successfully enrolled in last year's Connected Solution program (2023) and actively participated in the program.

I am happy to inform you that we have processed your payment, and it is currently on its way to you.

Starting from February 20th, we will have incentive funds available for distribution in batches. You will be able to view your VPP participation information and the equivalent amount for the Kwh you have participated in for the season on your Tesla app. This will give you a detailed insight into your energy savings, allowing you to track your progress and understand the effectiveness of the program.

To receive your payment, we ask that you provide your direct deposit information as a new payment method through your Tesla app. This is a much more convenient way to receive your payment, compared to the traditional check method.

I hope this information helps you better understand our new payment process and the benefits of the Connected Solution program.

Upvote 0
View attachment 1020566View attachment 1020565

I just updated the app and notice that option. I also emailed to ConnectedSolutions this morning. Not sure if I should wait for reply or try to setting up direct deposit via app option.

Upvote 0
Does anyone see any credits yet to request to be paid out?
No, not yet
Tapping on that just takes me to this page in a web browser: https://www.tesla.com/support/energy/virtual-power-plant/connectedsolutions
I think I misunderstood your question. These instructions are indeed on tesla site as I mention in my post. When you get there you .. Scroll down and tap "Compensation", Payment is next to it. I mean to say the updated app included instructions on how we should get the payment via app.

Upvote 0