Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connected Solutions Real-World Experiences (MA - National Grid / EverSource)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone

I was hoping that folks in Massachusetts could share their real-world experiences with Connected Solutions so far this year.

Asking because my mom lives in SE MA and has EverSource - her experience so far this year has been a bit disappointing. She's had overwhelming 3-hr events (18/20) with EverSource calling events almost every weekday for the last 3 weeks even when it was cool weather and/or cloudy out. This has resulted in only a 6.6 average kW discharge for the season which is a good deal lower than the relatively conservative estimates I'd made. Perhaps my estimates were too optimistic but also perhaps it has something to do with my estimates being based on National Grid events, as opposed to EverSource. Of course, they were also based on last summer so there's that possibility too.

So... could anyone share how their events are so far this year? I live in Bellingham and have National Grid - anyone out this way? I ask predominantly because I was counting on CS as a major offset to the cost of the PWs and this is weakening that offset.

Many thanks in advance!

I am curious if they are required to pay interest for holding our money for four plus months after it was given to them by national grid/eversource?
They should be here in RI it still isn’t showing up in the APP. When I first started the program we got paid in the end of November. I understand it’s a
new payment system but every year this pushed out by months. There is absolutely no excuse and it is basically stealing at this point. We pay a premium for them to administer the program. No other company would practices be allowed.

Reactions: jsurpless
Upvote 0
Hey everyone, I just wanted to post that I actually did receive the payout.
I noticed a new message in the top right corner when I opened the app, and I was able to request the payout right from there.

After that I did click into the VPP section and I see that I now have a payout history banner. This is what it looks like now:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240302_234225_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20240302_234225_Tesla.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 23
Upvote 0
I am on eversource in bedford ma and got my payment direct deposited today. I received an email and an app notification that the payment was available thursday night. I added my bank info friday morning. I got $2770 for 3 powerwalls participating in all events for the summer. The payment history in the app shows the payout as pending. It also shows 784 in the fleet of homes, up from 782 a few days ago.

Reactions: appleguru
Upvote 0
I got $2938 this year for my 3 PWs on EverSource in MA. Unlike last season, I was able to have them fully charged before every event this season, so that should be pretty close to the high mark. (I also have grid events prioritized over storm watch).

I *think* Eversource increased the payout $/avg kW from $225 to $275 this season.

We get 80% of that = $220/kW

Which implies I had an average of 2938 / 220 = 13.35kW, meaning most (90%?) of the events were 2hrs this season and not 3.

Now if telsa would just let me use that last 20% reserve to support events I’d be happy :D (and maybe reduce their cut to 10%??)

Upvote 0
also, this year’s payout *almost* makes up for tesla taking a year to do my install, not enrolling me in time for the 2021 summer season, and eversource cancelling the winter program entirely before I ever got to participate.

Fingers crossed they keep the program going long enough to cover the cost of the powerwalls… by my math around 9 years?

Upvote 0
Still waiting on my payout with NG in massachusetts....last year was 2415 with 3 PW. We had less charging events this summer compared to 2022, so I am thinking should be less this year....if I ever see the payment that is!
The payout is based on average kw to the grid during events. So as long as you participated in all the events, your average is not lowered by how many events there were in a season.

Upvote 0
The payout is based on average kw to the grid during events. So as long as you participated in all the events, your average is not lowered by how many events there were in a season.
I think i'm using too much energy during events. My wife is cooking on the electric stove during this time or doing laundry . Maybe that is why my total output to the grid is lower and my payout is so low compared to others with 3 powerwalls in ma.

Upvote 0
I think i'm using too much energy during events. My wife is cooking on the electric stove during this time or doing laundry . Maybe that is why my total output to the grid is lower and my payout is so low compared to others with 3 powerwalls in ma.
It doesn't matter if the power from the powerwalls goes to the grid or to your house, you get credit for the discharge. The main limiting things are if your powerwalls are not full at the start of the event, or if you don't participate due to stormwatch or if you opt out.

Upvote 0