Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My financial advisor called me Monday to see if I was concerned about effects of the Corona virus to my investments. I wasn't, but I did take advantage of the opportunity and had him buy me another 36 shares of Tesla. I was wondering if I was being hasty, seeing as how it was at $561, more than double of my initial purchases. Four days later at $650 I'm thrilled!

Comparison deaths

The graph shows Coronavirus has the highest rate of deaths (more than 40) per day within the first 21 days.

The math might be hard to understand because as of now, there are 259 deaths which started in late December (more than 30 days.)

259 deaths /30days= 8.63 deaths a day.

The graph says 40 deaths per day x 21 days = 840 deaths!

SARS' highest rate was slightly above 20 after about 40 days into the epidemic.

Swine Flu death was highest (nearly 80) but not until about 100 days later in the epidemic.

No wonder that many stores in the USA have run out of face masks.

Face masks on Amazon are out also and customers have to wait for new shipment availability.

The graph shows Coronavirus has the highest rate of deaths (more than 40) per day within the first 21 days.

The math might be hard to understand because as of now, there are 259 deaths which started in late December (more than 30 days.)

259 deaths /30days= 8.63 deaths a day.

The graph says 40 deaths per day x 21 days = 840 deaths!

SARS' highest rate was slightly above 20 after about 40 days into the epidemic.

Swine Flu death was highest (nearly 80) but not until about 100 days later in the epidemic.

No wonder that many stores in the USA have run out of face masks.

Face masks on Amazon are out also and customers have to wait for new shipment availability.

I understand it to count per day, as the death number of the exact day. Ie the last day counted.

98F4EA77-00BE-4A29-8F2A-513DF5C76219.jpeg
The number has increased rapidly lately. I’m surprised that very few have recovered.

...The number has increased rapidly lately. I’m surprised that very few have recovered.

For the US, suspected patients are being isolated for 14 days. After that, if they are still alive, they are released.

If after 14 days, they are not released, I would then wonder what happened to them as in whether they have "recovered" or not!

There s virus is worst than I thought. SARS's spread was partially slowed by hot weather. The fact that it is spreading in Australia and now India.

Still too early to see if it can spread as most of these are tourist from China. But we are entering the crucialn14 days count down to see if 3rd wold countries are going to be destroyed by this or not.

Africa is worriesome as there's been no words so far.

• Informative
Reactions: EVCollies
It still has only been about a week since the virus started rapidly spreading. The number of recovered has passed the number of deaths and should keep increasing at a greater rate.

You also have to remember that the numbers are coming from the Chinese government, who are brutal liars who don't care about anything except themselves and their families, so they can't be trusted.

Reactions: DanCar
In the beginning of this outbreak I had to rely on actual contacts to get me the latest news on the ground, but social media has since taken over and bridged that gap.

I find that reddit has a good community, but with many paid bots to spread the "China good" message. You can usually tell because they are mostly copy pasta. Here is the best community
China novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) | "NCVIP"

And also a website with updated news

Real-time infection and death numbers of Wuhan Virus

This report about timing matches the info that was conveyed by my contacts and posted on this forum in my first warning. But it'll be very hard to prove.

Scientists rush to find 'Patient Zero' in a bid to stop the coronavirus

That the virus began spreading around end of October.

Many of the info I have post here from these ppl are now confirmed 2 weeks later. To be honest, It wasn't a nice feeling when what I posted was significantly different from the official statements.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Wenche
You also have to remember that the numbers are coming from the Chinese government, who are brutal liars who don't care about anything except themselves and their families, so they can't be trusted.

Secrecy can only be kept if the virus could be contained in China alone.

Once it escapes to the outside, its potency can be analyzed by independent labs in the world.

Also, the World Health Organization is in China, so, how fatal the virus is cannot be hidden anymore.

I always chuckle when someone writes this kind of a thing about a non-western government - knowing how much of the deep and widespread propaganda and lies have come out about western governments over the past decades. Not just innocuous lies/propaganda either - things that probably resulted in a million deaths.

That's a big unscientific claim!

Most patients don't get any anti-virus drugs and still don't die from the virus.

So that 1 "cured" patient needs to be compared with more than 14,000 others who were infected but did not take any ant-virus drugs and still did not die.

It coincides with what I heard the chinese were trialing and the subsequent purchase of anti AIDS drugs.

It stops the virus from binding, giving the body's immune system to do its thing.

Whether or not you are considered cured, I am not a doctor.

Mow, Having a hard time figuring out which company makes these

There s virus is worst than I thought. SARS's spread was partially slowed by hot weather. The fact that it is spreading in Australia and now India.

Still too early to see if it can spread as most of these are tourist from China. But we are entering the crucialn14 days count down to see if 3rd wold countries are going to be destroyed by this or not.

Africa is worriesome as there's been no words so far.
India airlifted a few hundred from Wuhan and put them in quarantine. So we'll know ow they are in a couple of weeks. 2 people otherwise have been confirmed with the virus.