Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the lurkers...

If you read this thread you may be scared by all the propaganda and political rants floating around. You even have some "physicians" here acting as a professional source to justify the propaganda you are reading. It isn't their fault necessarily as they were brainwashed in academia and professional circles to be a certain way. "Do no harm" is the oath and it would be unbearable to their egos to subscribe to any notion that counters their belief system and all the damage they've done. Maybe they haven't come around but I'm seeing docs and other health care professional who are. That takes courage and I can only hope more and more do.

But remember this: We are TSLA investors. We have seen the propaganda of Big Oil and Big Auto. Everyone recognizes the manipulation and evil at play for control and money. The misinformation, psychology, and FUD to herd the masses worldwide. The ownership of media and government entities. It is relentless and if you weren't a TSLA investor or owner you'd be following right along.

Here is the point: Take those corrupt industries and multiply the evil and corruption. It seems hard to fathom because it relates to "health" but this is what makes it so sinister. Big pharma and the medical industrial complex. You should think about this. It is a hard pill to swallow and it doesn't mean most healthcare workers are evil (just like the boots on the ground for auto or oil are not evil). So take the same level of misinformation and FUD and apply it in multiples to the medical industrial complex. With a little critical thought it is pretty easy to see where the probability of mistruth is. Science has been corrupted for decades. The media and all government institutions are completely owned by this complex. It is extremely scary that one cannot trust those who have been given the authority to determine health policy and choices. This is why the FUD works so much better. They call it fear based medicine for a reason. Just like Big Oil and Auto...it is as simple as following the $$.

The counter will be don't listen to this uneducated, delusional conspiracy theorist idiot. Insults mean they lost the argument folks (see the TLSAQ similarities???). How many times have you seen the word "idiot" or "moron" thrown at someone who dissents on this thread? Don't waste your precious time looking but I will tell you it is A LOT (and i've read less than 10 percent of this thread) and it is primarily from the established medical community. You will see this type of attack all over the internet against anyone who does not conform (whether it be a blog or comments after an article). If that doesn't work, they censor.

I will not tout my education and/or professional experience because 1) education does not matter for critical thought and 2) for privacy reasons but I can confirm that this is some dirty dirty stuff (to be as general as possible so the reader understands I'm quite familiar with the industry: intellectual property, pharma, private sector and government regulatory). Nothing I've experienced in the last 30 years of my career has led me to think otherwise.

So lurkers, keep this in mind as you use your own judgment. Not here for the echo chamber...they obviously have their own agenda.

Last edited:
If you read this thread you may be scared by all the propaganda and political rants floating around.

case in point

Do no harm

Not applicable to this post. . .

Big pharma and the medical industrial complex. . . Science has been corrupted for decades. The media and all government institutions are completely owned by this complex

Last time I looked, the data was speaking for itself here. If you can follow the numbers in the US vs other countries, you can see how badly we have done, and continue to do.

I will not tout my education and/or professional experience because

The completion of this sentence is left as an exercise to the reader.

obviously have their own agenda

Anyone giving odds on the probability of an agenda here?

This could be reasonable dark humor if you think someone wasn't serious here.

count me in as one who is NOT excited to 'go out'; and I'm ok letting everyone else be test subjects, while we continue to learn more.

I have that choice; I feel bad for those that are forced 'out' and really can't say no.

As soon as land borders open in Europe I’ll do another Tesla Road trip, and I’ll make sure to pass in North Italy, Piedmonte to taste their amazing hazelnuts, and head down to Parma Reggiano to eat the best food the world has to offer. In other words, to live my life and enjoy it.

• Love
Reactions: NicoV
This is just ignorant. You think cancer deaths are shooting up or cardiovascular are shooting up? Or that we are worsening the probabilities for these ( representing 70% of all deaths yearly ) for the ~2 months of lack of care/detection?
I think you have no idea if the numbers are significant or not, and you're just making it up.

Did we hit 100k yet? I'm seeing 94.6k and slowing(aka limping).
97,640 as of today, we'll probably be over 100K by Monday. You seem to be using the Trump method, keep down playing the numbers while you keep raising your "projections" while pretending everything is just as you predicted and perfectly fine. No one's buying it.

Depression. Suicides and rate of death from cardiovascular diseases and cancers go way up amongst people who suffer..
Total speculation with no data.

count me in as one who is NOT excited to 'go out'; and I'm ok letting everyone else be test subjects, while we continue to learn more.

I have that choice; I feel bad for those that are forced 'out' and really can't say no.

I just got back from my local Costco in the Bay Area. A little better than in the afternoon when the entire parking lot was packed as was usually pre-COVID (and thus decided to go back later in the day), but still way too crowded for any attempt at even a reasonable social distancing. Talked to a long-time employee I’ve known, they hate not being able to limit the number of customers. But, that’s what corporate wants—no limits. I haven’t seen employees carrying signs or walking around reminding people as they did even a few weeks ago.

I can only imagine how little people care about precautions in the South and Midwest if the core Bay Area is like this.

I think you have no idea if the numbers are significant or not, and you're just making it up.

97,640 as of today, we'll probably be over 100K by Monday. You seem to be using the Trump method, keep down playing the numbers while you keep raising your "projections" while pretending everything is just as you predicted and perfectly fine. No one's buying it.

Speculation? Depression: Physical Effects and Complications https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/05/04/mental-health-coronavirus/

Reactions: RandomJohnny

early cancer detection increase in survival rate is only speculation in his book. As well as surveillance and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. They don’t make 70% of yearly deaths aniways ... seriously WTF

Reactions: RandomJohnny
As soon as land borders open in Europe I’ll do another Tesla Road trip, and I’ll make sure to pass in North Italy, Piedmonte to taste their amazing hazelnuts, and head down to Parma Reggiano to eat the best food the world has to offer. In other words, to live my life and enjoy it.

there's an old, sort of 'dark' joke that goes:

"I don't get into (car) accidents.
people behind me, do"

so, perhaps things will follow the path of lowest entropy; each electron to their levels.

those that want to frolic about, I guess we can't stop them. problem is, it forces people like me to kind of stay away and let the dust settle.

this is gonna be a long roller coaster, 2020 and 2021. sigh.

"who ordered THIS?"

What isn't taken into account is that while the quarantine definitely adds to people's stress levels, not quarantining people and just having people randomly die in much larger numbers would be as stressful if not more stressful. People are just fixated on the stay at home and trivializing the potential lethality of this virus.

I just got back from my local Costco in the Bay Area. A little better than in the afternoon when the entire parking lot was packed as was usually pre-COVID (and thus decided to go back later in the day), but still way too crowded for any attempt at even a reasonable social distancing. Talked to a long-time employee I’ve known, they hate not being able to limit the number of customers. But, that’s what corporate wants—no limits. I haven’t seen employees carrying signs or walking around reminding people as they did even a few weeks ago.

I can only imagine how little people care about precautions in the South and Midwest if the core Bay Area is like this.

I can't believe all the "smart" people aren't social distancing. Who is going to tell us what to do when they all die?

from where I'm sitting, its about trading one group for another. the plague-rats want their way and the other camp want their way. initially, the plague-rats were kept in their place, but now, well, someone let the do^H^Hrats out.

if the plague-rats get their way (it looks like its going that way) then the open-up will set us backwards and the next SIP session will be even harder. I stay inside more, now, that they are 'opening up' since I basically don't trust my fellow man to consider the whole. everywhere I'm looking, its not working. people are not seeing the big picture and they are all emotion-based. that's those that have no control.

the ones in control - the ones who can sign off on unemployment and emergency paycheck/rent relief - they are failing us and basically saying "well, we weighed out the pros and cons of giving up some of our billions and, well, we decided we'd rather pass on that. have fun out there, y'all".

all this is telling me that its going to be a long 'winter', even though summer is just about here. damn.

from where I'm sitting, its about trading one group for another. the plague-rats want their way and the other camp want their way. initially, the plague-rats were kept in their place, but now, well, someone let the do^H^Hrats out.

if the plague-rats get their way (it looks like its going that way) then the open-up will set us backwards and the next SIP session will be even harder. I stay inside more, now, that they are 'opening up' since I basically don't trust my fellow man to consider the whole. everywhere I'm looking, its not working. people are not seeing the big picture and they are all emotion-based. that's those that have no control.

the ones in control - the ones who can sign off on unemployment and emergency paycheck/rent relief - they are failing us and basically saying "well, we weighed out the pros and cons of giving up some of our billions and, well, we decided we'd rather pass on that. have fun out there, y'all".

all this is telling me that its going to be a long 'winter', even though summer is just about here. damn.

You might want to look into that speculation about depression post. I feel for you bud.