Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Among my many thoughts on this development, I think one possibility is that Trump would really downplay this virus further to his base if he happens to be an asymptomatic or very mildly symptomatic case.
Seems likely. Herman Cain downplayed the virus even after he had already died from it.
EDIT: excuse me, with it, no one dies from COVID-19.

So, who else is going to test positive? The three of them (including Hicks) can’t be the only ones because these people must’ve been going around and sharing it for at least a day or two now.

There were a bunch of staffers flying on the helicopter with Hope on Wednesday. This is just a total sh**show.

However, we actually don't know directionality yet. As @Daniel in SD said, Trump could be the asymptomatic super spreader. I doubt he is tested every day (even if he says he is).

As we all know, it's very possible even for symptomatic people to show symptoms AFTER a person they infect shows symptoms. It's not an unlikely scenario - it has happened many times before.

It will be interesting to see if they dive into studying the directionality here with RNA sequencing (not holding my breath). If you know the contact tree/web, and you have virus samples from everyone infected, you can potentially use mutations to deduce the most likely direction of spread. It's not a guarantee, but minor mutations do persist.

Honestly, nothing about this story makes any sense. It's a complete disaster and a complete failure of the WH medical team (I don't strictly speaking blame them - Trump corrupts everything around him absolutely and renders everyone incompetent), and I don't think we can trust that they are adhering to any of the protocols.

The timeline is just very mysterious. I am not saying it's a conspiracy, I just think that in general we have been lied to about what has actually been done to prevent coronavirus from infecting our president, and the timeline leading up to this catastrophe.

It particularly relevant, because potentially Joe Biden is also at risk due to the debate 48 hours ago. That guy needs to take shelter in his basement ASAP and stay there until November 3rd, and possibly even until January 20th. This is no joke and it puts the entire world at risk to do otherwise.

Here are some musings:

https://twitter.com/CT_Bergstrom/status/1311897572827521025?s=20

IF Trump (and everyone else on the Trump team at the debate) is ACTUALLY being tested daily, and the Trump campaign is not actively trying to infect Biden (this "strategy" would make sense for them), then most likely Biden is at low risk.

Last edited:
My nephew (early 30s) in DC tested positive this week and has symptoms similar to my wife's friend that I posted about a while ago: continuous dry cough, low fever, headache, wiped out. He's healthy except for several allergies.

One of the people in my wife's company (at a different office nearby) is critically ill. She's in her late 20s and came down with CV19 two-three weeks ago. She somehow progressed to sepsis and was put on ECMO Tuesday. That Hail Mary has worked so far ... in that she hasn't deteriorated more but I don't like the latest word that they're checking to see "how much functionality she has".

I heard that a couple of neighbors down the street (husband and wife) tested positive a while ago but were basically asymptomatic.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Last edited:
In New Zealand, due to low cases they can research some transmittals in some detail.
One particular case is a little complicated.

Summary
-Virus was transferred via Trash Can Lid in Quarantine Hotel.

They also had another case that they believe it was transferred via an lift/elevator button.
I always tell people don't eat food out of a trash can. Now I have some facts to back that up.

Correct. Regeneron makes the monoclonal antibody.

The science is as sound as you can get and is something we have decades of experience with.

Why isn't everyone on this if they test positive, you might ask?
1) Antibody therapies are not cheap (expect a course of treatment to probably be 5 figures)
2) Monocolonal antibodies are hard to produce en masse (unlike small molecules)

Not a shot in hell that Trump even gets a "cold" from this.

You can bet 100% right now that he's on the monoclonal antibody, along with everyone else exposed. They won't wait for anyone to develop symptoms.

One a positive note . . . hopefully he now shuts the hell up about hydroxychloroquine.

That didn't age well.

"President Trump is experiencing coldlike symptoms after testing positive for the coronavirus, according to two people familiar with his condition."

Covid-19 Live Updates: Trump’s Virus Symptoms Appear Mild So Far

That didn't age well.

"President Trump is experiencing coldlike symptoms after testing positive for the coronavirus, according to two people familiar with his condition."

Covid-19 Live Updates: Trump’s Virus Symptoms Appear Mild So Far

Sorry, but I would want the confirmed by a source other then NYT. No offense, but that's the most anti-Trump publication, aside from CNN, in the main-stream media.

Regardless, anyone thinking Trump is going to expire from this has some serious blinders on.