Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost for Supercharging Increased ? Where to find prices?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've did a quick quote with EDF for a fixed 24 month E7 rate.....40p kWh day time rates!!!

If domestic electricity is heading towards 40p kWh, DC Charging rates will surely go over 50p kWh, its going to be on par with filling up with petrol very soon, but with the disadvantage of long waits and much longer fill ups :(.

I've did a quick quote with EDF for a fixed 24 month E7 rate.....40p kWh day time rates!!!

If domestic electricity is heading towards 40p kWh, DC Charging rates will surely go over 50p kWh, its going to be on par with filling up with petrol very soon, but with the disadvantage of long waits and much longer fill ups :(.
I'm with EDF Go 98 at the moment until End of Jan 22 - 19p day and 8p night and all weekend. The new rates are more than double, looks like I'll be on the SVR for a while going forward.

Reactions: meavydev
I charged at Birmingham St Andrews today. Couldn't find the price anywhere so didn't have a clue until I checked in my account afterwards. Turns out, 32p kw/h. I'd really like it to be more obviously placed though - absolutely nothing in the Tesla app (only number of stalls free), or on the screen in the car while charging.

• Disagree
Reactions: btc1k
I charged at Birmingham St Andrews today. Couldn't find the price anywhere so didn't have a clue until I checked in my account afterwards. Turns out, 32p kw/h. I'd really like it to be more obviously placed though - absolutely nothing in the Tesla app (only number of stalls free), or on the screen in the car while charging.
Cost per kW/h is shown in the in-car display, Tap on any of the red supercharger pins on the map and it will display cost and other useful information:

1640013256493.jpeg

Cost per kW/h is shown in the in-car display, Tap on any of the red supercharger pins on the map and it will display cost and other useful information:

I genuinely couldn't find that! I guess it's because I was already there, so didn't try tapping in the navigation, perhaps? I'll know for next time! Thanks!

Reactions: Louis0w
I genuinely couldn't find that! I guess it's because I was already there, so didn't try tapping in the navigation, perhaps? I'll know for next time! Thanks!
As part of the latest software update, the superchargingtariff is now obscured by another menu on the navigation system, so now it’s impossible to see the tariffs - well done Tesla, more supercharging frustration - anyone else found this or is it just me ????!!!!! Really xxxxxxg annoying

As part of the latest software update, the superchargingtariff is now obscured by another menu on the navigation system, so now it’s impossible to see the tariffs - well done Tesla, more supercharging frustration - anyone else found this or is it just me ????!!!!! Really xxxxxxg annoying
I had noticed this recently, that when you are navigating somewhere and look to check other SC sites they are always shown with the right hand side hidden behind the navigation text and thus you cannot see the prices. You have to cancel navigation and then restart if you want to view them. I would put a suggestion slip into Tesla if I knew how!

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
I had noticed this recently, that when you are navigating somewhere and look to check other SC sites they are always shown with the right hand side hidden behind the navigation text and thus you cannot see the prices. You have to cancel navigation and then restart if you want to view them. I would put a suggestion slip into Tesla if I knew how!
4E295423-7992-4AD6-9F9D-7D8045A20EC4.jpeg

It’s properly obscured the charging rates, see above, it’s so slight I think it’s deliberate

It’s properly obscured the charging rates, see above

Not tried it in the car, but don't those "Info balloons" spring up where the Charger PIN is?

So if you drag the map to the left you'll see the whole thing. I suppose if you click on a charge, on the right-pane, then it will display, in left-pane, "centred" ... which will then have this effect.

Probably aside effect of RHD too, perhaps? in USA the Nearby Charging pane is on left, so they will be able to see the price but not the location :cool:
it’s so slight I think it’s deliberate

Bold claim. Much more likely Hanlon's razor

Reactions: NewbieT
Try dragging it ... it doesn't stay displayed. The map moves and the pop up goes away. So you select it again and try to drag it... rinse and repeat!

You have to cancel your navigation and then view it.

Of course if you were in the US, then you will find that the navigation pane is on the left, and when you touch the SC icon it pops up on the right, and then the costs are displayed on the right hand side. No problemo!

Try dragging it ... it doesn't stay displayed. The map moves and the pop up goes away. So you select it again and try to drag it... rinse and repeat!

You have to cancel your navigation and then view it.

Of course if you were in the US, then you will find that the navigation pane is on the left, and when you touch the SC icon it pops up on the right, and then the costs are displayed on the right hand side. No problemo!
Yes you can dick about with the map and the nav and eventually see it, but the point is why should we have to - why can’t it just be clear and simple ?! 😀

Not tried it in the car, but don't those "Info balloons" spring up where the Charger PIN is?

So if you drag the map to the left you'll see the whole thing. I suppose if you click on a charge, on the right-pane, then it will display, in left-pane, "centred" ... which will then have this effect.

Probably aside effect of RHD too, perhaps? in USA the Nearby Charging pane is on left, so they will be able to see the price but not the location :cool:

Bold claim. Much more likely Hanlon's razor
Always happy to be proved wrong, but I personally want to see more evidence of improving the customer experience not making it worse 🤨😀

Yup someone (Non Tesla owner) posted a picture from there of exactly that in a facebook group, followed by the usual mix of comments of why don't they use thier own ones and how selfish, they have a Tesla surely they can afford to charge it.:rolleyes:

Free is free and it's first come first served in my eyes...
There's actually 70+ Chargers there although the majority are slow given that it's a Park and Ride Site but a fantastic facility if you live locally or regularly drive thru as an EV Owner.