Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost of FSD to start increasing after May 1st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla said the price of adding FSD would cost extra after delivery causing people to purchase at delivery, then they sold it at a cheaper price to people who didn't buy it at delivery and told those who believed them initially and bought it at delivery at a higher price: "tough luck". They lied plain and simple. Not hard to understand, just hard for people to accept.

If it's raining NOA is limited and with light wet snow, the radar sensor gets blocked. How is FSD going to get anyone to their destination in anything but dry weather?

Exactly, perfect for California where they designed it but useless in anything but sunny weather elsewhere. Even a simple heater on the front radar sensor would have helped snowy build up. I’ve experienced this multiple times now and I’ve had to pour water on it to get it clear enough to work again.

Reactions: Jack007
Well, in Summer 2018 wasn't the base add-on, that you needed for any AP, called something like "self driving hardware"? In addition there was a more expensive software self-driving add-on. Later the boundary changed. The hardware, it emerged, was on all Model 3s. But that was AP 2.x NVIDIA based, while the AP3 Tesla based CPU under development became part of an FSD add-on, along with what came with EAP, and meanwhile the EAP option vanished. A lot of shifting sands.

So IMHO it's more convoluted than either blaming people for not digging into the fine print, OR just looking at the last 4 months and saying "they lied".

Elon Musk says that a Tesla car is an appreciating asset, given FSD. So, let us benefit from that "appreciation". Tesla shouldn't be out to strip that appreciation off for themselves before we even get "there".

Well, in Summer 2018 wasn't the base add-on, that you needed for any AP, called something like "self driving hardware"? In addition there was a more expensive software self-driving add-on. Later the boundary changed. The hardware, it emerged, was on all Model 3s. But that was AP 2.x NVIDIA based, while the AP3 Tesla based CPU under development became part of an FSD add-on, along with what came with EAP, and meanwhile the EAP option vanished. A lot of shifting sands.

So IMHO it's more convoluted than either blaming people for not digging into the fine print, OR just looking at the last 4 months and saying "they lied".

Elon Musk says that a Tesla car is an appreciating asset, given FSD. So, let us benefit from that "appreciation". Tesla shouldn't be out to strip that appreciation off for themselves before we even get "there".
It's just working FOMO again. Ignore the hyperbole. Tesla needs cash and eventually will either actually deliver something worth the high price, or will cut the price.

Adding FSD shows as 5k.

It was 3k, should have bought at 2k, now its up to 5k

This is part of what annoys me about all this.

I (stupidly) bought AP for 2k but husband said to wait on the 3k FSD since it's mostly vaporware at this point...that ship sailed, but...

shouldn't all current Tesla M3 owners have the FSD upgrade option at the same price? Yours is 5k...Mine *was* 5k til a few days ago and out of nowhere it went up to 7k a couple of days ago.

Why are we all seeing different numbers for the upgrade?

Reactions: rainforest
This is part of what annoys me about all this.

I (stupidly) bought AP for 2k but husband said to wait on the 3k FSD since it's mostly vaporware at this point...that ship sailed, but...

shouldn't all current Tesla M3 owners have the FSD upgrade option at the same price? Yours is 5k...Mine *was* 5k til a few days ago and out of nowhere it went up to 7k a couple of days ago.

Why are we all seeing different numbers for the upgrade?
Because the pricing is different for cars w/ EAP and cars w/ vanilla AP.

• Informative
Reactions: Thp3