Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost of model s charge port replacement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my car slid down the driveway while plugged in today. Wall charger cable ripped out where the cable meets the wall and shut down admirably. No sparks or drama. Good job engineers!

Charge port is cracked internally. I was lucky to get the cable out after several tries, otherwise I would have had to get towed at the bottom of my driveway... Car drives and behaves fine otherwise.

Anyone know what the approximate cost to replace a charge port on the car is? And whether or not this is a quick fix at the service center?

I would consider that a cheap price for a lesson learned... I'll be stoked if they can do it in a day or less...

I was just about to brag about how great it handled in the snow.. going places other cars were turning around from, with ease!

This driveway is really slanted - I knew it was possible to slide, and i typically bounce around in the car after parking to make sure it's secure... I guess I didn't bounce enough this time. At least nobody was behind it!

Reactions: KyleDay
I can tell you that it takes literally less than 10 minutes to swap it out. Tesla replaced mine under warranty because the magnet failed to keep the charge port shut.
I watched them do it. A couple of screws and a wire connector is all that is keeping it in place.
Mine is is a 2013 so things could have changed.

It should be quick and easy to replace a charge port. It's about $600 last year.

So my car slid down the driveway while plugged in today. Wall charger cable ripped out where the cable meets the wall and shut down admirably. No sparks or drama. Good job engineers!

Charge port is cracked internally. I was lucky to get the cable out after several tries, otherwise I would have had to get towed at the bottom of my driveway... Car drives and behaves fine otherwise.

Anyone know what the approximate cost to replace a charge port on the car is? And whether or not this is a quick fix at the service center?
Much cheaper as a DIY project ... :cool:
US $79.99 Tesla Model S OEM Charger Charge Port Socket Inlet Assembly 1005612-00 | eBay
US $99.99 Tesla Model S OEM Charger Charge Port Socket Inlet Assembly 1005612-00 1005613-0 | eBay
US $98.95 New TESLA MODEL S EV CHARGE PORT ASSEMBLY OEM 1026041-00-M | eBay

I'll be less confident that it can stay parked on snow - and shovel/salt before parking it in the future... 10 minutes of shoveling would have saved me what will probably amount to the better part of the day(if I'm lucky) between getting the car in for repair and repairing or replacing the wall charger...

I have to wonder if you could pour a little concrete hump on your driveway that would serve as a wheel chock? Maybe one on each side?

Reactions: mrElbe

has happened to me twice. first time, just tore the black plastic end of the charger wand off. No damage to the charge port. Second time, it destroyed the charger wand again ($500 a pop) AND bent the door back far enough to break the red plastic reflector.

I'm told that the model S from 2016 onward are more complicated in terms of remove/replace. All the trunk liner on the drivers side needs to be removed. It's said that this is NOT a user serviceable part because you have to remove a high voltage line. The tech told me not to worry about it.

Pretty expensive slope, we have on our driveways!

Reviving this thread for a quick question. I'm seeing different part #s and I'm confused because to the naked eye they look exactly the same.

1005613-00-D and 1005613-00-E. Does anyone know if these are different parts or if they are both compatible with a 2014 S85?

1005613-00-D | Tesla OEM Parts | Products | HSR Motors

1005613-00-E | Tesla OEM Parts | Products | HSR Motors

Thanks in advance for the response!

From what i've seen in looking for parts, the last letter is a slight model change like new plastic or slightly different manufacturing changes but if the rest of the part number is the same it's the same part.

Reactions: tdbostic
My 2018's charge port randomly wouldn't open, and had it replaced under warranty. It was almost two years ago, but I thought it was under $300.

My door just had to get replaced it was $80 plus $110 in labor. but that was just the motorized door, the actual charge port costs about $650 plus labor as they wont sell it to you and they have to be the one to install it.