Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost to install lowering springs and alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was just wondering how much I’m looking at if I decide to lower my model 3. I was looking at the springs from TSportline that run $350. I have a LR AWD. I’m located in the Bay Area so most likely a shop in San Jose area. How much will this set me back and is it worth it to lower the car? I was more intrigued that these springs claim to have a more comfortable ride than the stock springs. Can anyone confirm that as well? Thanks.

I purchased the TSportline Tesla Model 3 Sport Lowering Springs for my Model3 AWD for $350. In So Cal they have Al & Ed Autosound in West Hollywood as their installation shop. The installation will cost $800. Total is $1,150 plus tax. I have my installation scheduled in a week.

Here's my cost for installing TSportline Lowering Springs (1 inch drop) and alignment but at two different shops

Lowering Springs - $325 (Autotalent in Gardena near Los Angeles)
Alignment - $125 (Tire Central in San Gabriel)

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 9.10.42 AM.png

Both shops in Socal. But prices may vary now since I got this done in early Sept 2018.
Hope this helps you find the best deal but please find a reputable shop that works with Tesla before.

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 9.10.42 AM.png IMG_8003.jpeg 1.jpg 3.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: tjka4231
Here's my cost for installing TSportline Lowering Springs (1 inch drop) and alignment but at two different shops

Lowering Springs - $325 (Autotalent in Gardena near Los Angeles)
Alignment - $125 (Tire Central in San Gabriel)

View attachment 429185
Both shops in Socal. But prices may vary now since I got this done in early Sept 2018.
Hope this helps you find the best deal but please find a reputable shop that works with Tesla before.

View attachment 429185 View attachment 429186 View attachment 429187 View attachment 429188
Thanks, I'll shop around.

Reactions: follow.johnny
So, I wonder - If we lower our M3/MS/MX, does that affect the ultrasonic sensors from correctly determining the location and high of things like curbs?

Does it change things? Technically, yes. Is it enough to cause problems? Not really.

In conversations with Unplugged Performance, this is one of the key considerations for ANY of the mods they do (like carbon body panels/wings etc.). It's an intricate balance between cool styling/aesthetics and a 21st century car that can drive itself :)

For the original question, i think ~$300 is reasonable for spring install and alignment will be $100-300 depending on where you are and who does it.

I had Unplugged install their Mild dual-rate springs on my car last October. I think the install was $300. I find the ride quality better than stock and have had no issues with sensors. I have been to a few lap days and to an autocross last weekend, and feel the body roll is much reduced from stock.