Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

cpo delivery experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted to post my experience on CPO. I paid the $1000 deposit about 6 weeks ago after online correspondence with sales agent. They sent a carfax which was not very useful and could not send pics. Car was in Scottsdale and had fairly low miles , was a 2014 85kw, 34k miles. I waited, asked for info as per prior posters but could not get anything besides carfax. After the deposit, I was interacting with a delivery agent at Tesla Fremont. He couldn't get me any info and suddenly at 4 weeks said the car is ready for pickup. I said I'd want to do a full inspection before paying anything and then he suddenly said hold on, we're still inspecting. Waited another week then asked what was happening, and he said it was ready for pickup.

On pickup day, a young guy who worked under the delivery agent came out and I noticed that the car was a loaner vehicle. I asked for info on alignment and service items that were fixed/replaced. They didn't have any info to give and the delivery agent said that it was all done in Scottsdale and that the records were "destroyed," making it sound like there was no way to determine what was done. I ended up paying in full as I didn't feel like waiting any longer.

Now on my inspection the car looked good. No chips, body damage. Mild wear on the leather seats. New tires. Tried to follow the checklist posted by prior posters and all seemed well.

So the next day, the tire monitoring system warning light came on. I emailed the delivery agent and he said to make an appt at the service center.

So overall it sounds like the CPO process is hit or miss. Was irritated by total lack of clarity on what was done. The dealer guy wanted to say the carfax had it all, but I found the carfax to be lacking.

So to those considering CPO, I'd say press them hard for info on the car history, but I'd keep low expectations on getting much from them

• Informative
Reactions: cdub and wesley888