Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO model x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
74616429-44F6-49FC-AECA-453D7388CF0D.png
I was looking on the tesla cpo site and I found I fully loaded x p90d ludicrous for $100,000, you should probably know that I am seriously considering a brand new model x 75d fully loaded. Both cars cost the same, and I was wondering which one I would get. The color is exactly the one I want, and so are all of the options. I am especially concerned because early model x cars had bad production quality. Please help.

A lot of the CPO decision should/would come down to your ability to claim all or almost all of the tax incentives with a new purchase.

If you can, new/inventory tends to make sense.

If you can't, CPO makes sense, as the original owner taking the tax incentives is already factored into the price.

That being said, we love our X90D

-Harry

Thanks from r all of the input in New York the tax credit is 7500 plus 2000 state incentive. However, the appeal mostly comes from the fact that I am getting such a high end car for about $60000 less than originally. Could anybody give any insight as to the build quality of such an early car. I also doubt that there is much battery degredation because of the relatively low miles that the car has driven.

View attachment 245546 I was looking on the tesla cpo site and I found I fully loaded x p90d ludicrous for $100,000, you should probably know that I am seriously considering a brand new model x 75d fully loaded. Both cars cost the same, and I was wondering which one I would get. The color is exactly the one I want, and so are all of the options. I am especially concerned because early model x cars had bad production quality. Please help.
This one still has a long way to go before it's out of warranty. Ours was in the 20k range in terms of VIN and I'd say after 6 mos they've finally worked all the kinks out... Mostly one falcon door was finicky... Get the fast one :) they'll make sure it stays in working order or better :)

Thanks from r all of the input in New York the tax credit is 7500 plus 2000 state incentive. However, the appeal mostly comes from the fact that I am getting such a high end car for about $60000 less than originally. Could anybody give any insight as to the build quality of such an early car. I also doubt that there is much battery degredation because of the relatively low miles that the car has driven.

I would also consider AP1 vs AP2. Regarding build quality I have a Dec 2016 model x and I did have to go to service center 4 times in the first few months of ownership to get a couple things that broke fixed. It's only been like 3 months since our last service center visit so I think jury is still out.

Correction...

Only $500 New York State incentive.