TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Creaking noise in suspension - replaced Front Suspension AFT Link

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by rbohac, Jul 23, 2016.

1. rbohac

rbohac New Member

My 2014 P85+ with 16000 miles had a creaking noise coming from the front drivers side of the car. It was subtle at first and progressively got worse. The noise would happen any time the suspension moved (turns, speed bumps, raising & lowering).

I finally had Tesla look at it and they repaired it under warranty. Thank you Tesla! Posting in case anyone has something similar happen.

Notes from Tesla:
    Concern: Customer states: the vehicle has a squeaking noise in the front of vehicle while

driving. Customer says it sounds like the suspension.

Corrections: Front Suspension (including Hubs) General Diagnosis

Observed creaking noise from front left suspension when ride height is adjusted.

Inspected suspension components and found front left lower aft control link to be loose.

Recommend replacement with alignment check.

Corrections: Link - Front Suspension - Lower - Aft - LH

Replaced front left lower aft control link. Performed alignment check and adjusted front left toe. Road tested with steering wheel and vehicle tracking straight. No noise present

during suspension movement.

Parts Replaced or Added

Part Quantity

FRONT SUSPENSION AFT LINK

ASSEMBLY (1048951-00-B)

Pay Type: Warranty

2. RDoc

RDoc S85D

I also had a front creak that turned out to be a lower control arm bushing which they replaced, and it seems to have fixed it.