Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wait, just saw your signature... you put your order on hold!?
Yeah, the SA pretty much put it on hold immediately when I ordered. I'm not in a hurry, told him as much, and at the time they had a very flexible policy when it comes to customer holds. He said I had a year from order to take delivery. The policy has now changed and become much more restrictive. I'm actually a Tesla noob, just hang out in this thread to learn about the process and regurgitate (what I perceive to be) the most accurate info to fellow noobs!

I went on a test drive when the Y first came out in early 2020 and that planted the seed in my mind that this is a real contender as the second car for the household. Bought some TSLA then as well. At the time also looking at VW SUVs, Telluride, RAV4 Prime + Hybrid, Forester, MB GLC, BMW X3, etc. and man I was all over the frickin' place. Currently driving a '15 Prius with about 90k miles on the clock, living in LA at the time and working from home - this car fits the bill perfectly. Test drove again, this time overnight, in spring of this year with wife and that convinced her that this is the right car for us, but just don't have a real immediate need. So we put in an order in May, ready to take delivery come Jan/Feb/Mar/whenver!

Reactions: ajs847
Today when i checked this morning, I see that a Vin is assigned and the delivery dates are August 08 - August 14
Order Placed 5/22
MYLR, 7 Seater, Blue Exterior,White Interior, Tow Hitch and NO FSD
That is my EXACT config I ordered on May 8th! Congrats on the VIN - this gives me a little shred of hope seeing a #teamblue 7 seater get a VIN!!

black/ black MYLR5 20" out of HP. Ordered 6/5 - closing in on 8 weeks of waiting. Good to see another illinois order here.
Well my fears are correct. For the last few days my EDD just disappeared. 9 days ago I removed my trade in because tesla offer was to low and I got a higher offer elsewhere. Well that through my account in limbo. :'(. Who knows when I'll get the car.
Most basic build lol. Model Y LR White exterior black interior no FSD.

Reactions: iratre
$35 adaptor works the same. and once the wall connector is installed, can’t move residences with it since it’s permanent.
This is a huge oversimplification. The adapter, which is now $45 for NEMA 14-50, is a very cost-effective way to Level II charge at home using the included Universal Mobile Connector. I'll be going with the adapter + UMC solution for sure. But the Tesla Wall Connector:

1. Charges faster
2. Has customizable power levels for a range of circuit breakers
3. Is wiring compatible with more home electrical systems
4. Has power sharing (up to four Wall Connectors)
5. Has Wi-Fi connectivity to track/schedule usage, kWh used, other data nerd stuff
6. Outdoor installation possible
7. 18' cable length
8. And you can always keep the Mobile Connector in the car for peace of mind/backup

Last edited:
I tried calling them couple of times last week, no luck. I am just planning to go there this week to see if I can talk with someone.
I'm almost two hours away, while you're there would you mind showing them how the phone and email work? At some point if they want to sell me a car I'm going to need some help figuring out how financing with a third party works.

This is a huge oversimplification. The adapter, which is now $45 for NEMA 14-50, is a very cost-effective way to Level II charge at home using the included Tesla Mobile Connector. I'll be going with the adapter + mobile connector solution for sure. But the Tesla Wall Connector:

1. Charges faster
2. Has customizable power levels for a range of circuit breakers
3. Is wiring compatible with more home electrical systems
4. Has power sharing (up to four Wall Connectors)
5. Has Wi-Fi connectivity to track/schedule usage, kWh used, other data nerd stuff
6. Outdoor installation possible
7. 18' cable length
9. And you can always keep the Mobile Connector in the car for peace of mind/backup
1. They both charge fast, either way you’re waking up to a full battery. Wether it took 6 hours or 7 hours, you’re sleeping doesn’t matter. You’re waking up full.
2. You can customize from car. I actually set mine to charge at 28amp instead of the 32amps it defaulted too.
3. You can install 14-50 to any circuit breaker.
4. Cool if you have more teslas.
5. You can track this stuff from the apps in the app store and some functions in Tesla app.
6. Are you really charging your car outdoors? Lol.
7. This has a 18’ cable as well
9. You don’t need piece of mind when waking up to full battery & having the luxury of supercharger network.

Did you put up pictures of your new car yet? I want to see!
not yet, its raining here but here's a quick pick after getting it home!

Attachments

• 43693796-8841-499E-A0B5-9CDAD8FFE872_1_105_c.jpeg
    43693796-8841-499E-A0B5-9CDAD8FFE872_1_105_c.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 71
Its an instant 500 dollar rebate if you order directly from them at the PSEG EFI Marketplace (they have the juice box 40 and charge point flex). Its an additional 50 dollar rebate on top if you sign up for the charge back rewards program which will give you credits back for charging off peak hours. The Tesla wall charger isn't eligible for the rebate because it will not work with PSEG's program. There are a few other chargers on the list you can buy too on your own but you would have to apply for the rebate after the fact.
Awesome. I got the Nema 14-50 installed so I may consider this. Thanks!

1. They both charge fast, either way you’re waking up to a full battery. Wether it took 6 hours or 7 hours, you’re sleeping doesn’t matter. You’re waking up full.
2. You can customize from car. I actually set mine to charge at 28amp instead of the 32amps it defaulted too.
3. You can install 14-50 to any circuit breaker.
4. Cool if you have more teslas.
5. You can track this stuff from the apps in the app store and some functions in Tesla app.
6. Are you really charging your car outdoors? Lol.
7. This has a 18’ cable as well
9. You don’t need piece of mind when waking up to full battery & having the luxury of supercharger network.
Yeah, but the wall connector looks cooler. What's that worth? :cool: