Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you trading in at Tesla? I have a Model 3 that I am trading in and got a quote (which I accepted) 3+ weeks ago. I thought it was a bit low, but I took it. Since I won't be taking delivery of my Y anytime soon (September 8-28 as of today), I will most likely need to get a new trade-in quote... It would be nice if the price goes up!
Yep trading in at Tesla, I checked with Caravana and Vroom. Tesla was within $500 of them before the reevaluation. Which wasn’t worth the hassle of going with the other ones if car delivery and sale didn’t match up

Reactions: TMK26
I think this all depends on what one means when they say "move". Are you moving to a new home in the same city or a new home in a different part of the state or a new state? Your local electrician probably isn't going with you out of town. The WC is certainly "moveable", but you will leave behind some live wires if you don't install a 14-50 plug or something in its place. So that would be an added expense to moving the WC. Just covering up those live wires and tripping the CB would be very dangerous for a new owner.

My research led me to believe that the best option for me would be to install wire that can handle 60A, but install a 50A CB and a 14-50 outlet, and purchase the Grizzl-E charging system (or similar). This would allow me to install the WC if that ever became a necessity. Only the WC can charge certain Tesla's at the highest rate (60A CB). The Standard Range Tesla's, including the Y, cannot charge at 48A from a 60A circuit. Also, the WC only has an 18 foot charging cord. From personal experience I can tell you that 18 feet is barely long enough if you park straight in and the charger is on the wall at the back (home side) of the garage. The cord will be hanging above the ground and will block easy entry to your Tesla. I'm just sayin'. If you need the extra 6 mile per hour of charge from the WC at 60A you probably shouldn't be buying an EV to charge at home. I'm just sayin' again.

Be sure to read other threads on this forum about all this.

View attachment 689165
Extremely valid points, and yes I meant within my state/ greater surrounding area, when I said "move". And I completely agree, I had my WC installed in between my garage doors which allows me to charge both in my garage and in my driveway with ease. That was a must for me, as I didn't want the scenario that you described where the cord hanging in the air created an annoying situation.

Do I think that the extra 6-10mph is going to make a huge impact on everyday usage? Probably not.
However, if I ever needed to charge quickly before leaving out of the house again, had a quick turnaround where I had 30 min or less to charge, or any scenario in between where time wasn't on my side, I'd want to be pulling as much charge as possible and the WC allows me to do just that.

A WC is definitely a "nice to have" in many scenarios, and either option will definitely be better than a standard 120V outlet. On that we can all agree!

Thanks guys! Been a long wait, hoping you all get VINs soon.

Anybody know if the 240XXX series of VINs have the HEPA filter?
As @digitalboi (congrats, btw!) was able to confirm today, VIN 225xxx and later cars have HEPA, so a 240xxx will definitely have it. At this point going forward, all Model Y should have HEPA, and it’s an advertised feature listed on the webpage as well. Congrats on your VIN assignment!