Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK so I wanted update everyone, the new MY is here and is perfect! and YES 255 DOES HAVE BIO MODE!!! its raining now so pictures to come later :D but OMG the WAIT is FINALLY OVER!! ugh... what an ordeal but MAN am I HAPPY ITS OVER!!!
Congratulations buddy! I think everyone was on pins and needles waiting to hear if everything went smooth.

the WC can be moved from residence to residence, I'm getting quotes from electricians who offer free one time move. One of the electricians said they install a switch next to the WC to turn off the power in order to disconnect it to move or service it and the wires can be converted to a NEMA plug when moving of if we get rid of the tesla.
And its a higher charge with a 60amp breaker ( WC 60 amp,= 48amp output will charge Model Y 42mph, Nema 14-50 outlet with a 50 amp will charge Model Y about 30mph )

Reactions: iratre and ajs847
WC is def not "permanent." Actually, I recently moved and uninstalled it from my previous residence without issue. Electrician reinstalled it at my new place for a fairly nominal fee. I prefer the WC for reasons previously mentioned in this thread (namely, wear & tear on the mobile connector from daily use and having to remember to pack it when roadtripping) but I understand it's more costly than a 14-50 outlet & adapter. To each their own. Both solutions work better than a regular outlet.
I have a juicebox 40 wall charger. What i like about it is it plugs in to a regular 14-50 so if i ever want to upgrade or change it out i just unplug it and take it off the mount.

OK so I wanted update everyone, the new MY is here and is perfect! and YES 255 DOES HAVE BIO MODE!!! its raining now so pictures to come later :D but OMG the WAIT is FINALLY OVER!! ugh... what an ordeal but MAN am I HAPPY ITS OVER!!!

My VIN is lower its 255197
wait are we going to let the 255 mistake slide? And no pictures because of "rain" :rolleyes:...right. Its like you are a different person now that you have a beautiful fancy car.

Seriously I am glad that you finally received your car and it didn't have a bunch of issues. Pass the good vibes to @und2000 for their delivery on Friday

wait are we going to let the 255 mistake slide? And no pictures because of "rain" :rolleyes:...right. Its like you are a different person now that you have a beautiful fancy car.

Seriously I am glad that you finally received your car and it didn't have a bunch of issues. Pass the good vibes to @und2000 for their delivery on Friday
NO PICTURES ! IT NEVER HAPPEND

This is partially true. Depending on who did your install, the wall connector can move residences in the occasion that you were to move. My installer will disconnect my wall charger for free and install it at my new house if I were to move. For life. (Free once, then only the relocation is free. I'll have to pay for them to install) I can also transfer over warranties to the new homeowner in the event I were to leave it behind. YMMV, but the wall connector being permanent isn't 100% true in every situation.

To DJ's point, the $35 adaptor is definitely cheaper and only charges at about 10-12 miles slower than the wall connector, so definitely some valid points there.
I think this all depends on what one means when they say "move". Are you moving to a new home in the same city or a new home in a different part of the state or a new state? Your local electrician probably isn't going with you out of town. The WC is certainly "moveable", but you will leave behind some live wires if you don't install a 14-50 plug or something in its place. So that would be an added expense to moving the WC. Just covering up those live wires and tripping the CB would be very dangerous for a new owner.

My research led me to believe that the best option for me would be to install wire that can handle 60A, but install a 50A CB and a 14-50 outlet, and purchase the Grizzl-E charging system (or similar). This would allow me to install the WC if that ever became a necessity. Only the WC can charge certain Tesla's at the highest rate (60A CB). The Standard Range Tesla's, including the Y, cannot charge at 48A from a 60A circuit. Also, the WC only has an 18 foot charging cord. From personal experience I can tell you that 18 feet is barely long enough if you park straight in and the charger is on the wall at the back (home side) of the garage. The cord will be hanging above the ground and will block easy entry to your Tesla. I'm just sayin'. If you need the extra 6 mile per hour of charge from the WC at 60A you probably shouldn't be buying an EV to charge at home. I'm just sayin' again.

Be sure to read other threads on this forum about all this.

fullsizeoutput_3ce7.jpeg

Hey everyone, new here but have been following along for a couple day so figured it was time to create an account.
Anyway, playing the waiting game here too.
Order place 6/23 but added tow hitch a week later
MYP white/white FSD tow hitch
Still no vin and date 11aug-27aug
Pickup in Atlanta GA.
Hopefully soon fingers crossed. I’ve seen VINs issued for order dates after mine.

I am getting a 100 amp sub-panel and wall connector installed today. Does anyone know approximately how long a typical install like this will take?
Quick update for anyone wondering - full install was 3 hours for everything (100 amp sub panel, Generac load shedding module, and wall connector.) They install a ton of them, so they really know what they're doing. I would assume most installs will take a little longer, especially for electricians who don't normally install them.

Quick update for anyone wondering - full install was 3 hours for everything (100 amp sub panel, Generac load shedding module, and wall connector.) They install a ton of them, so they really know what they're doing. I would assume most installs will take a little longer, especially for electricians who don't normally install them.
Shoot I seen your post earlier and was going to reply. My install took 3 hrs as well. I had a similar install except I have a NEMA 14-50. For reference for others, I had a 60 ft run in a 95% finished basement to our attached garage that. Had to from one side of the house to the other. Super cool electrician who was driving my exact spec Model Y.