Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here's a question that we like to repeat in this thread and its been a solid bit since anyones asked I think... But a good thing to ponder as the wait for the MY goes on... Who is going to be upgrading to Performance Boost?

I am still pondering it myself... probably won't decide will PPF is done $$$$
Not a chance. Total waste of money IMO. But that’s just my opinion. If a fraction of a second is worth 2 grand to you then enjoy!

Not a chance. Total waste of money IMO. But that’s just my opinion. If a fraction of a second is worth 2 grand to you then enjoy!
Don’t tell my wife acceleration boost isn’t worth it… I spent $50k to replace my challenger hellcat (707 horsepower) engine with a hellephant (1001 horsepower) when I blew the engine and decided the $5k rebuild wasn’t worth it so I sprang for the hellephant. ($30k engine, $20k labor and tuning and dialing it in)

I can confirm trade in does hold your car up. Almost same situation. Ordered April 28th. Wanted to trade in car so I filled profile. On July 10th I requested to have the trade in remove as teslas offer was substantially lower then KBB and surrounding dealerships.
My EDD just disappeared. Thought okay they are updating system. Got tired and impatient and called my service advisor.
Thankfully I did. Someone didn't do their job and removed the trade in but left trade in open. Meaning profile was not complete. It literally put me to the back of line and said November delivery. Talk about upset. I was transferred to someone who put me on "high priority" and apologized. Model Y LR White ext black int, tow hitch, 19", no FSD.
They really need to fix their system. Numerous times I have got close to just getting something else. I recently sold my model 3 performance. So annoyed that because someone at Tesla didn't do their job, I get "punished" for it.
I had a similar issue with trade-in except my "re-queueing" happened when it expired and I had to resubmit the odometer reading. I submitted it same day and was approved the next day, but my EDD slipped from late July-August to end of September, the same EDD range as new orders at that time were getting, despite ordering May 22nd. EDD had been July-August the whole time since I had ordered. Was frustrated and had them remove the trade-in completely so it doesn't happen again.

What is this "high-priority" thing you mentioned, did that affect your EDD once they did that? I've never heard of anyone else getting this, granted it was their fault your profile got unfinished in the first place. Hope you get the car soon!

Reactions: josh62294
From what I'm reading in all these posts, it sounds like the system update last weeks stabilized things for a lot of people. Seeing quite a few stable EDDs compared to how often it used to jump before. It also had the intended? side effect of removing the placeholder EDD and not showing anything when you don't have an EDD rather than October or November
I've been quite stable with my EDD for almost a week now. Won't complain lol. I'm in CA so Sept seems appropriate.

Reactions: MMurrayGA
I'm sorry. But you havent even waited for couple weeks and you think the wait is killing you? You should really consider MYP.
Are MYPs being delivered considerably quicker? I’m trying to remember what the EDD was when I played my order. I think 5-9 weeks for MYP. Just like everyone else first day keeps moving and second day stays the same for the past 6 days.

i can’t complain though, the wait has only been 28 days so far. But I won’t have a car in 3 weeks so I’m hoping the EDD 8/12 - 8/28 sticks close to schedule

Don’t tell my wife acceleration boost isn’t worth it… I spent $50k to replace my challenger hellcat (707 horsepower) engine with a hellephant (1001 horsepower) when I blew the engine and decided the $5k rebuild wasn’t worth it so I sprang for the hellephant. ($30k engine, $20k labor and tuning and dialing it in)
Lol to each his own I guess. Do you track race? The 1000hp hellephant isn’t even street legal lol. You can’t even get an inspection sticker for it here in NY (won’t pass emissions test). Very cool though! As for the accel boost IMO might as well just have gotten the MYP especially now with the LR price increases.

Last edited:
So here's a question that we like to repeat in this thread and its been a solid bit since anyones asked I think... But a good thing to ponder as the wait for the MY goes on... Who is going to be upgrading to Performance Boost?

I am still pondering it myself... probably won't decide will PPF is done $$$$
Not for me. I’ll put the funds into PPF for now.