Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 4/11, MY LR, white/black, 5 seats, 19”, no hitch, no FSD. Dates have bounced from 5-11 to 6-30. Now showing 6-10 weeks from order for a few days.

Anyone else in the St Louis area waiting anxiously?
Im from the St Louis area too. Ordered 4/26 and estimated delivery was May 26- June 12. Now it just shows the generic message, 7 - 10 weeks. Im kindve pissed.

It's the month before the end of the quarter, so Tesla is most likely pumping out more Model Y's from the Freemont factory and those will go out to the East coast & Midwest areas in the next couple of weeks. You'll begin to see people in those areas start taking delivery by the end of this month. The West coast folks won't see their cars until the last month of the quarter, in this case mid-June.

That's how the build / delivery cycles have been with Tesla for the Model 3 and Model Y cars for the past couple of years now.

Nice, I just got a quote to an 240V outlet for my garage for $2200 only permits and plastering not included. Guess I have to do it myself.

I'm an electrician and short of there being some outstandingly difficult spots to run the cable or extremely far away - that's exceptionally high.... Also with no permitting or repairs. Yikes.

I'm having an electrician run 2 6/3 nm-B romex lines from my basement up into my garage (one for my upcoming Tesla, and one for whatever next electric car my wife decides to get) and the estimate was $1200. It's about 40 feet from the box to the wall to run up in the basement - so that's a lot of line. Copper right now is RIDICULOUS - it's record highs right now, so the wire ain't cheap for long runs.

I'm having an electrician run 2 6/3 nm-B romex lines from my basement up into my garage (one for my upcoming Tesla, and one for whatever next electric car my wife decides to get) and the estimate was $1200. It's about 40 feet from the box to the wall to run up in the basement - so that's a lot of line. Copper right now is RIDICULOUS - it's record highs right now, so the wire ain't cheap for long runs.
$3 per feet is the cheapest I could find. We are living in crazy times

Reactions: proximanova
Yeah it's expensive for sure. $1200 is super reasonable. Labor rates must be pretty low there considering the time for labor and cost of materials.

Reactions: proximanova
Anyone have a 14-50 outlet on back wall of garage and park front end? That’s my set up and wrangling with paying $1500 to run outlet to front of garage or pay $300 and deal with outlet being 16ft from charging port. Think I’d have enough slack but a little concerned. Any thoughts helpful :)

Last edited:
Anyone have a 14-50 outlet on back wall of garage and park front end? That’s my set up and wrangling with paying $1500 to run outlet to front of garage or pay $300 and deal with outlet being 16ft from charging port. Think I’d have enough slack but a little concerned. Any thoughts helpful :)
I plan to beck in to the garage. I backed the Tesla in a couple times in my garage during my test drives to verify it would work. I back my current car in (Nissan rogue) but the model y is a bit wider and longer.

Reactions: jgd108
I plan to beck in to the garage. I backed the Tesla in a couple times in my garage during my test drives to verify it would work. I back my current car in (Nissan rogue) but the model y is a bit wider and longer.
Agree that's my plan as well. Even if I could reach the charger by coming forward it would be ungodly 20 feet of cabling running across the garage floor!

Reactions: SeriousBadger
I ran the 6/3 from the panel to the wall charger and hooked it up on the charger side, had an electrician hook up the panel side, all in including wall charger is was $1100.

Attachments

• 6EFD3112-4B70-4999-B39F-259F36ED8946.jpeg
    6EFD3112-4B70-4999-B39F-259F36ED8946.jpeg
    685.6 KB · Views: 54