Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is your delivery window? i would contact your SA and tell them you’ll be out of town XX days. Im sure they will work with you.
I contacted my SA about a similar situation and she said okay they will try to get it before my vacation or after.
I remember back when I was worried it might come during my vacation when I was out of town the week after July 4th. Ha! Those were the good ol’ days…

My second trade in expired and Tesla lowered the offer by $3k. I drove it a total of 84 miles in 30 days. The used car market is going down again. I have a written offer to go sell Friday for 5k more than the Tesla order from AutoNation so I removed the trade.
Tesla offered $4000 for my 2015 Mazda CX-5, whereas Carvana was selling it for 12-16k. Trading gas car with Tesla in today's market is not wise!

My second trade in expired and Tesla lowered the offer by $3k. I drove it a total of 84 miles in 30 days. The used car market is going down again. I have a written offer to go sell Friday for 5k more than the Tesla order from AutoNation so I removed the trade.

I put in my Model 3 for a trade 2 months ago. 37k. Drove 4k miles (traveled a bunch) for the summer and put in my trade again just last night. Offer went up to 45k. Tesla makes no sense with their trade offers.

Wow!! I drove 110 miles when the 1st one expired and the offer went down $100. I’m around the same or less this 2nd time but I don’t know what to expect. I think this is the bigger stressor with this whole waiting game, the trade in. I’m glad your getting a better offer. Hopefully we don’t have to wait much longer for our new cars.

I have a suggestion for Tesla, they should hire only sales associates, that have actually waited in line for a Tesla, and owe a Tesla. Because a lot of us have experienced what it is to wait in line, we know what our customer would feel. And of course at that point the sales associates would be 100% trained, because they owned the car, and 100% sympathetic for the customer. Meaning it would be a great customer experience in store.
If I was a sales associate with Tesla (at least according to glassdoor) I could not afford a Tesla.

Tesla offered $4000 for my 2015 Mazda CX-5, whereas Carvana was selling it for 12-16k. Trading gas car with Tesla in today's market is not wise!
Yes with the hot market now, private party sale is the way to go. I sold my Audi A4 within days of posting to the second person that contacted me. And for 2x $ or more what Tesla, KBB, other dealers would offer. Why leave money on the table? They are seriously low-balling on their trade in offers

Reactions: Asdf123
Wow!! I drove 110 miles when the 1st one expired and the offer went down $100. I’m around the same or less this 2nd time but I don’t know what to expect. I think this is the bigger stressor with this whole waiting game, the trade in. I’m glad your getting a better offer. Hopefully we don’t have to wait much longer for our new cars.
They way i see no matter how to slice it we will loose. If the tesla comes early this could mean chip shortage is alleviating as some articles are suggesting the trade in prices will go down. If the chip shortage continues we will have a delay in the tesla delivery and the trade in will remain stable. This sucks for someone with 1 car LOL either way that person gets the short end of the stick.

I have a neighbor, a model 3 owner, who keeps nudging me to put in his referral link. I think I should have done it as I was ordering and it's too late now. Has someone done this after the fact?
Lots of people say go to your SA, but my SA was not very helpful. YMMV. However, emailing [email protected] was extremely helpful. They replied back within 24 hours confirming that it had been added.

Yeah the difference between the blue and the red. I thought I really liked the blue. Then my neighbor got the blue and I didn't like it so much when I saw it in front of me (no disrespect to any of the blues here); so I changed to red.
The blue is a very dynamic color. Royal blue in direct sun, navy blue in low light... Really almost nothing like the original color picture from back in June (see avatar), that is what it looks like in direct sun. They changed the picture of the car in July and it has that darker hue on the site which is most likely what you will see.

I love the white in person, but my wife's car is white so I couldn't do it...

I have had more silver cars than I can count, so I didn't want that...

I have also had black cars, look killer all clean and shined up (its killing me to be DD my black 911TT!), look at it the wrong way and it is swirled and haloed again... I'm getting too old to upkeep a cars finish like I did when I was courting prospective significant others....

Red, neighbor has a M3P in red, red wagon thing, and they are planning on buying a MYLR for his wife next spring... Not to mention I don't really like the color red in large quantities...

So that leaves Blue... GO #teamblue!

Yeah the difference between the blue and the red. I thought I really liked the blue. Then my neighbor got the blue and I didn't like it so much when I saw it in front of me (no disrespect to any of the blues here); so I changed to red.
I think what @No_ICE was referring to was not the price for paint, but the base price increase for the car itself. May 21 the Model Y LR was $51,500 or $52,000.

Depending on when in July you modified the order, the base price could have gone up another thousand dollars, and that price increase is on top of the paint price.

If I was a sales associate with Tesla (at least according to glassdoor) I could not afford a Tesla.
We actually talked to our SA about this - one of the other SAs in the center left in his MY while we were there, so we asked our SA which he drove. He said "I don't have one yet, but after a few more sales I'm going to get me a Red 3 with 20's!" I laughed at the time, but thinking back on it - I thought the whole thing was that they didn't get commission but I think that changed at some point. How do they actually get paid?

I guess I was lucky, Tesla’s offer for my truck was only $600 less than car what Carvana and Carmax offered
Tesla did have the highest initial offer on the car so for 30 days it was looking like like was going to be easy.. EDD was within that window - it was lining up to be a great buying experience.. Then ..... hold my beer... Now I'm selling to a dealer for 5k over Tesla's most recent offer hoping 1 of my 2 orders comes in quickly.