Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everyone, just wanted to stop by and chime in again and say congrats to all those who received recent deliveries/VINs!

For my order I’m still in the mid-to-late September section. Gave my SC a call and they seemed to confirm that they are expecting September deliveries for May orders now. They told me the same thing for August, July, and June though, so we’ll see how these next couple of months play out.
My EDD behavior seems to be spot on with yours. Currently sitting at September 9-29 from a May 12 order. I recall you and I both had a trade-in expire around July 4 then suddenly our dates moved from early August to September. Curious if your trade just expired again too and what happened to your EDD?

Reactions: Joshnolan225
Howdy everyone, first post here but have been lurking for a few weeks trying to cope with waiting for my order.

I ordered a MYLR white and black interior with Gemini wheels and completed profile on June 26. My EDD started off late August - early September, but has since shifted to Sept 15-30.

Yesterday, i said screw it and placed a second order for a MY performance, also in white with black interior. Whichever one that gets here first is the one I’ll take

Location is Orange County.

The wait has been so painful so far 😅

Anyways cheers to y’all and good luck with your orders! May they arrive very soon!!

Quick question - does anyone have a referral code for DCU? I’ve seen them mentioned on here frequently and they seem to have the best financing rate by far. A referral code would be very much appreciated!!

Just saw a news in YouTube that if the new EV credits bill was to be passed($10k) it would be in effect from Jan 2022. Not sure how true this is.
Here is what I found in a marketwatch article. I don't think the new credits bill passed. I could be wrong.

Biden’s proposal to include $100 billion in new electric-car subsidies has been dropped from the pending infrastructure bill, but an existing federal-tax incentive remains. The savings do not come off the initial price of the car, no matter how car sellers may market this incentive that way. Buyers can claim up to $7,500 in credit against the federal income taxes owed in the year in which the car is purchased, lowering their federal tax liability. If the federal tax owed is lower than the amount of the credit, taxpayers receive the difference in a refund. The incentive does not apply to used cars and individuals cannot receive the tax credit on their rented vehicles.

Howdy everyone, first post here but have been lurking for a few weeks trying to cope with waiting for my order.

I ordered a MYLR white and black interior with Gemini wheels and completed profile on June 26. My EDD started off late August - early September, but has since shifted to Sept 15-30.

Yesterday, i said screw it and placed a second order for a MY performance, also in white with black interior. Whichever one that gets here first is the one I’ll take

Anyways cheers to y’all and good luck with your orders! May they arrive very soon!!

Quick question - does anyone have a referral code for DCU? I’ve seen them mentioned on here frequently and they seem to have the best financing rate by far. A referral code would be very much appreciated!!
I can refer you. Send me a DM with your first name, last name and your email where you need the referral.

Dude don’t even bother. There is no rhyme or rhythm. You will cause yourself too much mental anguish trying to figure it out. Just when you think you have it figured out something else comes up that puts your theory to crap. Best advice I can give after going through it. Just sit back and wait for your vin. It will come.
I don't think it is even organized chaos at Tesla, just chaos.

Reactions: joewithblueMY
Here is what I found in a marketwatch article. I don't think the new credits bill passed. I could be wrong.

Biden’s proposal to include $100 billion in new electric-car subsidies has been dropped from the pending infrastructure bill, but an existing federal-tax incentive remains. The savings do not come off the initial price of the car, no matter how car sellers may market this incentive that way. Buyers can claim up to $7,500 in credit against the federal income taxes owed in the year in which the car is purchased, lowering their federal tax liability. If the federal tax owed is lower than the amount of the credit, taxpayers receive the difference in a refund. The incentive does not apply to used cars and individuals cannot receive the tax credit on their rented vehicles.
Correct it didn’t pass yet but potentially when it passes it won’t be retroactive. It will be effective from Jan 1 2022 if it passes.

Correct it didn’t pass yet but potentially when it passes it won’t be retroactive. It will be effective from Jan 1 2022 if it passes.
True. Unless people hold their orders, it's very likely Tesla will bump up the prices for any new orders. Also if Tesla gets Texas Model Y ready by Jan 2022, it's highly likely that Tesla will cancel all existing orders if they want to change the pricing.

Oh forgot to mention - the performance order, which is about 1.5 months AFTER the LR order, has a EDD about two weeks earlier than the LR.....

Agreed I somehow think even if it passes Tesla will somehow bump their price to offset the incentives.
Of course they will. Try started with high prices when there were incentives. Then they lowered prices as sales started slowing citing that they want to offer better prices as there are no incentives. So they will bump up the prices again. I wonder if the MY slow price increase could be one of the reason. You never know. These corp people have lot of insider info before things get official in politics

Reactions: Rovin
I know it does, but they will not offer new model y with 4680 batteries may be with better range for same price. They know model y is best selling and they will take advantage. With cheaper 25K car coming, it makes sense to push M3 to 45K and MY gets pushed to 55 or 60K base
At that price point, other alternatives like Ford Mach E and the Nissan Ariya (to debut in Fall; looks pretty good) will start to become attractive at least to some customers.

I know it does, but they will not offer new model y with 4680 batteries may be with better range for same price. They know model y is best selling and they will take advantage. With cheaper 25K car coming, it makes sense to push M3 to 45K and MY gets pushed to 55 or 60K base
Oh and if the prices go up, incoming can you slow down, and the rest of us can get our sh1t! 😂😂😂

Reactions: JR9386