Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, I can see logic in what you are doing. I also understand why MY would have great appeal with those many hours spent in the vehicle etc.

Have you investigated what is the cheapest and most fuel efficient vehicle other than MY that gains you UberPremium and LyftLux? How does financing, depreciation, TOC (total cost of ownership) compare; esp as this is so heavily related to your income stream.

Also, as far as the job security situation, another analysis point would be what happens to your income stream should the Tesla be involved in an accident? Can you afford another 3+ month wait on a replacement?

I'm not trying to steer you away from MY as I can see many valid reasons you see it as a panacea solution, I'm really starting to understand your situation and wonder if you've looked at some of these issues too.
The MY is the second cheapest Electric car that would give me the top tiers of Uber. The model three is the cheapest, but the thing with the model 3 is it’s very tight, I’m a tall person, and I’m a little bit thicker than most. Not crazy, just thick, so the model Y allows me to fit in it much better than the three. I did get gap insurance for this car. Uber drivers, driving in teslas, are making anywhere between $5000 and $10,000 per month in their cars. With that being said, I would be fine. Once the season starts in September, I’m planning to pay on my car ahead of time, hoping that by December I won’t have another car payment until November of the next season. I’m not worried too much about the value of the car, Elon says that model three and model Y are supposed to have motor motor efficiency that lasts anywhere between 300,000 miles and 500,000 miles. I plan to keep it until it dies.

Reactions: BitJam
There’s literally only one problem with my BMW, and that is that in one of the little rings in the headlight on the right hand side is out, I went to go get a quote for the little LED around the headlight, and I was quoted $2400
If it’s the led that’s crap. Part is $240, and takes 10 minutes to install (one went bad on mine). I had to have a shop register it with the BMW software, but I gave him lunch money (beer money) to do it.

I don’t doubt what they quoted you though. They quoted me $700 for new spark plugs. I bought new plugs for around $80, watched a YouTube video to guide the disassembly, and did it myself in under an hour.

And that’s what is driving me away from new BMWs.

Glad you were able to let it out. It's stress and everyone handles different types of stress different. My company is going through a re-org right now. I'm going to be getting a new job. Oh, and I quit smoking just about a year ago so I don't even have anything to vice on.. What a time to be alive #FirstWorldProblems
Congratulations on quitting smoking, that stuffs not good for you anyways. Also congratulations on the new job! I’m glad that I have you guys here, theoretically holding my hand!

If it’s the led that’s crap. Part is $240, and takes 10 minutes to install (one went bad on mine). I had to have a shop register it with the BMW software, but I gave him lunch money (beer money) to do it.

I don’t doubt what they quoted you though. They quoted me $700 for new spark plugs. I bought new plugs for around $80, watched a YouTube video to guide the disassembly, and did it myself in under an hour.

And that’s what is driving me away from new BMWs.
No, I know what you’re talking about, you’re talking about the little metal thing on the top that you remove that has the little motherboard on it with the LEDs, the problem is is that the previous LED that was there burned the plastic tube that the light gets sent through, so you can still see a light coming through it it’s just a horrible burn the color instead of matching the bright white on all the other rings. With that being said that means that I have to buy the entire assembly and put it in if I want the white late to show through

Dang!! I know it’s hot as crap in Florida in August, but still one of my favorite places! Especially the gulf side!! So at least know that you have living in a beautiful place going for you! Hang in there, your car will be here soon and you won’t even worry about this page anymore!!
Even after I get the car, I’m not gonna leave this website, I’ll just be mobile in this website probably answering from the car while I’m at the airport waiting for my ride. LOL. Yes Florida is very nice, I am also in the gulf side

This lovely, yet totally opened, box contains all the rugs for the front and the back that go all the way up the side walls, just in case someone decides to throw up, nothing gets anywhere. I would really like to use these.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 58
That’s very nice of you, but no need. We have different configurations. Plus it’s helping a lot, to talk to you guys about this. It’s been a rough last four days. I’m feeling better that I’ve been able to talk to you guys, instead of keeping it bottled in. I was feeling like a number.
I hope your well, you are not alone, while this forum is so fun and I am excited to move on from ICE vehicles, my order may also need to be cancelled depending on my job situation in the coming weeks, fingers crossed but I mean worst case I will just have it next summer instead of Christmas, first world problems am I right.

• Love
Reactions: CSTARZZ
Everyone here is waiting for their car. Their MY. How many of you here is waiting for their spouse car? 😂 😂😂

Im getting MY for my wife but she isn't that interested in the waiting game. She is like "it's gets here when it should". I don't know why, but I'm more excited than her and checking the status every 5 mins. Ofcourse I will be driving most of the time and she is ok with that. LOL
Same here, It's for my wife, as of now, we are working from home, she visits her office once or twice a week, 15 miles one way, soon that is going to change once her office relocates to downtown, about 25 miles from home and mostly full week once this pandemic ends.

She is a good driver, but shows least interest in automobile jargon, she enjoys driving, I know for sure because she likes the way our Mazda 3 drives compared to our Acura RDX. And same here, I do all the driving when we are together, I personally liked Mercs, I was hoping they would release the GLE PHEV the Europeans got. She likes Tesla from a very long time, back in 2015, she happened to experience the sheer speed and self driving capabilities of a Model S, from front passenger seat though, one of her friends from office had a Model S.

Because of her, we booked Tri motor CT on the next day it was revealed, we are so tiny, we will look terrible driving CT around, I have booked R1T as a backup, Rivian sent a picture of R1T home and now she knows my little secret :).

I wanted to surprise her with Model Y, she had caught me watching YouTube videos once or twice and she was sure I had booked it already, well I couldn't control, there is so much to talk about, I had to come clean,. She just checks with me once in a while on the status, she must be getting bored and annoyed, she never shows, I keep talking about it all the time. I have realized, I am repeating myself, same features, same comparisons over and over. Now I have started reading the online manual, hoping to find something I don't know already.

Oh man! I can't wait to see her drive a Tesla.

• Love
Reactions: RyMY and Hangover
So I did get a distill alert today. It monitors webpage changes, It was the one for my account and I thought maybe a vin. Nope. For some reason they moved the spot my tesla model Y placard was in. It use to be next to my model 3. now its after the plaid x and S order. Anyone else have the placards move before? Got me excited for no reason lol
Happened to me too. This is why I use it to just focus on certain parts of the webpage. Try just highlighting the area under your RN number

Reactions: josh62294
Ok, I can see logic in what you are doing. I also understand why MY would have great appeal with those many hours spent in the vehicle etc.

Have you investigated what is the cheapest and most fuel efficient vehicle other than MY that gains you UberPremium and LyftLux? How does financing, depreciation, TOC (total cost of ownership) compare; esp as this is so heavily related to your income stream.

Also, as far as the job security situation, another analysis point would be what happens to your income stream should the Tesla be involved in an accident? Can you afford another 3+ month wait on a replacement?

I'm not trying to steer you away from MY as I can see many valid reasons you see it as a panacea solution, I'm really starting to understand your situation and wonder if you've looked at some of these issues too.
I have made calculations turns out I would save $105k in 7 years by switching to Tesla

Reactions: BitJam
I have made calculations turns out I would save $105k in 7 years by switching to Tesla
That is impressive and I firmly believe EVs are cheaper to operate, but the estimated savings could dip a little as EV adoption takes off. As more EVs are sold I expect gas prices will go down (less demand) while cost of electricity will go up in the future (more demand).

Then again, EVs may double their efficiency within the next seven years and you’ll save more with the next upgrade. Or you’ll possibly be doing something entirely different seven years from now. Hard to say what the future holds. Hang in there and hope things work in your favor.

Last edited:
Reactions: CSTARZZ