Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here's a lesson on why we should ALWAYS follow the Golden Rule.

I've had some great back-and-forth with my SA since I ordered the MY (before I ordered actually, he was very helpful in my decision). Awesome dude, very attentive, no BS. (edit: Andrew P. in Ottawa, Barrhaven location)

Anyway, I got a call from him today, asking if I was stuck on my super vanilla white order or if I was willing to look at other options. He had a black MY with 20" wheels pop up and wanted to know if I wanted that one, arriving in two weeks.

I says, "Welp, yes, yes indeed I do..." and it was decidedly so, as the Magic 8-Ball might declare.

VIN #244xxx

Delivery tentatively set for 5pm on 8/23!

6a0120a4f88a1c970b0240a46f0f63200d.png

Last edited:
so i am approved and within my loan window (unfortunately) with tesla financing at 2.49%. i won’t be able to get financing by this time next week with a CU. next best thing…. refinance in 3 months. i’ve been seeing low 1% on this thread. who are they and can i get a referral please?

so i am approved and within my loan window (unfortunately) with tesla financing at 2.49%. i won’t be able to get financing by this time next week with a CU. next best thing…. refinance in 3 months. i’ve been seeing low 1% on this thread. who are they and can i get a referral please?
DCU offers rates as low as 1.24%. Send a DM. I can send the referral.

@randomplaydo Where are you taking delivery & who is your SA? I am taking delivery in Peabody and I don't get much info from my SA. My current window is 8/24 to 9/9 staying slipping a day every day since Saturday. But he says he can't tell me anything more than what I see on the site. Would love to know some timing!!! Hopeful I will get it in August but the lack of info is killing me with the EDD window so close now...
Mine is Sean out of the downtown Boston location. My delivery location is Peabody also for some reason even though I live 15 minutes away from Dedham. Ordered 5/15 and current EDD shows the whole month of September. I honestly wrote my SA off after he told me he was "pretty confident" he'd get me a car in June....then end of June....then sometime in July.....then August. When my EDD slipped to September back in June I called him pissed and he hit me with "well, it's kind of your fault because you didn't accept delivery when I offered in January and you didn't complete your profile until May". I told him when I put my deposit down in January that I wasn't taking delivery until summer so I don't know why the hell he offered me a car two weeks later. And I didn't know he'd put my profile on hold until I happened to stop in beginning of May asking about tax rebates and FSD subscriptions. Had I not said anything I'd be sitting here right now with no EDD and nothing happening. Once he put the blame on me in my head I basically told him to F off and realized once I get my VIN assigned I'll never have to deal with him again anyway since he doesn't do delivery.

Reactions: Mister_Greyman
Back to 8/29 - 9/18 from October.

Anyone else find that a drawback of waiting is that every time a Model Y drives by in a different color you think, wow I really like that maybe I should've gotten that color? Just this morning I saw a black with white interior and I weaved in and out of traffic to catch up to it (another problem with waiting for your car - the reckless attempt to catch a Y in traffic). Yesterday it was a blue.
Ugh, yes! 🤦‍♂️ Wish I would’ve ordered Red!

Hey another Austinite (26 years) over here and ordered from the Domain. I have done some shopping for the hood, bumper and rear rocker (bottom part of door panels). From what I have researched, I think that is all you really need to do vs the full body. It seems like the price is between $2200-$2600.

I have checked with the following places:
Xpel Austin (Mention you have a Tesla and they give you a little discount)
Austin Detailing (Premium Shiled)
Authentic Details (XPEL)

Haven't talked to these people yet:
Refined PPF (Premium Shield)
Auto Detail Pros (XPEL)
Pristine Auto Detailing (XPEL)
Shade Shop (XPEL)
TX Tint (XPEL)
Xtreme Auto Detail (XPEL)
Atx Auto Spa
Ai Autoworks (Pricing looks attractive)
BeSpoke
Sunbusters (Suntek PPF)
ProReflection

The first 3 seem to be the most well known in Austin but probably are the most expensive. There are some smaller players in the Austin area that I wouldn't mind getting quotes from as well in the second list. Please feel free to share if you find any great deals. I definitely want to get this done immediately after taking delivery.
Hey @Firocity just wanted to provide an update. I spoke with Shade Shop, and they gave me a quote of 5300$ out the door for Xpel stealth. This is very much in the range I was looking for, I have booked an appointment for 26th, and will most likely go for it.

Just got a call from my Tesla advisor. He offered me to take the MYP MSM white interior, no FSD, no hitch I test drove few days ago and if I didn't he would offer it to his other customer. I said "I don't mind the demo car with ~250 miles only, but the deal-breaker is the white interior, feel free to offer the car to another person" ... what can I say, I don't like the white interior ...
I would love to take it if his other customer also rejects it lol

Reactions: TESRP and CGeiser
😂😂😂 I literally wanted to ping you to see how you’re holding up. I’m over here refreshing what feels like every 5 minutes since @CGeiser got his VIN
I'm trying my best to only refresh every few mins but I'm failing LOL I'm wondering if @CGeiser did any witchery or ate a specific cereal this morning and if he can tell us so we can do those things.

So here's a lesson on why we should ALWAYS follow the Golden Rule.

I've had some great back-and-forth with my SA since I ordered the MY (before I ordered actually, he was very helpful in my decision). Awesome dude, very attentive, no BS. (edit: Andrew P. in Ottawa, Barrhaven location)

Anyway, I got a call from him today, asking if I was stuck on my super vanilla white order or if I was willing to look at other options. He had a black MY with 20" wheels pop up and wanted to know if I wanted that one, arriving in two weeks.

I says, "Welp, yes, yes indeed I do..." and it was decidedly so, as the Magic 8-Ball might declare.

VIN #244xxx

Delivery tentatively set for 5pm on 8/23!

View attachment 694935
Congrats!

That being said considering that is the exact configuration I (and others) ordered in April, it makes my blood boil at Tesla just a little more. I wish the SA I have been working with was nearly as responsive and helpful.